ULL 5 Tulane 2

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
visualmagic
President's Circle

ULL 5 Tulane 2

Post by visualmagic »

Final in 11 innings
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Re: ULL 5 Tulane 2

Post by BC Wave »

Bottom of 11 — one out, one on. Then two hit batters.
Grant Mathews swings at first pitch - Taylor made double play.
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Post by IM42lane »

Another mid-week loss to a Louisiana team.
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

When was the last time the baseball team finished under .500 in consecutive seasons?
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

visualmagic wrote:When was the last time the baseball team finished under .500 in consecutive seasons?
1963-64?
Victory is never permanent
ThePig
Riptide Level

Post by ThePig »

Is Jensen injured in addition to Ty Johnson? If so, when do we expect each of them back?
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

IM42lane wrote:Another mid-week loss to a Louisiana team.
You sound like a normal Tiger fan. ULL has already beat LSU and Vandy this year.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

guys you know our rules, especially this one. No discussions regrading Coaching changes in mid-season. Any more and I'll start deleting.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

GreenieBacker wrote:guys you know our rules, especially this one. No discussions regrading Coaching changes in mid-season. Any more and I'll start deleting.
you should have put this in bold
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

:lol:

and maybe some funky font too...........
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

GreenieBacker wrote:... Any more and I'll start deleting.
I've already started deleting. Next step will be to start handing out vacations.
I'm "up to here" with people who can't control their emotions enough to play by the rules. On the field, you get ejected. At least here we usually give you an opportunity to run the play over and reserve ejections for the truly infantile behavior.
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

Post by TulaneTiger »

Roller wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:... Any more and I'll start deleting.
I've already started deleting. Next step will be to start handing out vacations.
I'm "up to here" with people who can't control their emotions enough to play by the rules. On the field, you get ejected. At least here we usually give you an opportunity to run the play over and reserve ejections for the truly infantile behavior.
Wasn't an "emotional" post. I meant every word.

I did not, however, know the rule regarding the discussion of coaches mid-season. I apologize.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Poseidon wrote:
IM42lane wrote:Another mid-week loss to a Louisiana team.
You sound like a normal Tiger fan. ULL has already beat LSU and Vandy this year.
that is fine and dandy, but i think they have a losing record. as long as those victories are your solace when we miss the tournament again. these midweek games add up and are a killer especially after ole miss and fullerton. we are looking at an 0-5 week when you consider that our weekend opponent has played good competition
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

We have a shot against Long Beach this weekend. Should get Jensen back and our weekend starters have pitched well the past couple of weeks.

(The draft comments must have been deleted in the previous post).
BTW, Corey was drafted last year. Ted was picked up as a free agent. Wilsey is playing independent ball. Country would have been drafted in first 10 rounds but he decided to pursue his medical career and Jeremy would have drafted in first 10 rounds of the 2016 draft if not for TJ and the subsequent career ending injury last year. In 2016, Rogers, Alemais, Gibbs, Massey, and Simms were drafted. Deuster was picked up as a free agent. All together, the 2016 team had 9 guys who played pro ball and two more who didn’t for different reasons.

Looking at the current team, Spoon will be drafted (no idea where he projects), Gozzo will be in the Cape, Hoese has a shot (especially when his power comes), Ty Johnson has a shot (especially behind the plate with his athleticism), and Gillies (have not seen Roper pitch enough to make any kind of projection; same for Jensen and he will definitely have to put up some power numbers playing a corner position). We do have talent, but lack depth. Our bullpen has to throw strikes and let’s hope 2-3 guys emerge. I still think we will be competitive in the AAC this year. We need everyone healthy and some guys to emerge from the bullpen. Don’t throw the towel in just yet.