ETSU suspends their new football coach after only 3 months

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

ETSU suspends their new football coach after only 3 months

Post by AO Sig »

Randy Sanders was hired as HC of East Tenn State's fledgeling football program three months ago; word around here is that he has been suspended for violation of University policy. How is that for quick?
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Re: ETSU suspends their new football coach after only 3 mont

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Scuttlebutt is it's for hitting a player in the helmet because he wouldn't take a knee. That could be completely innocuous or really bad. It seems like the admin. leave is being done in an overabundance of caution more than anything.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:Scuttlebutt is it's for hitting a player in the helmet because he wouldn't take a knee. That could be completely innocuous or really bad. It seems like the admin. leave is being done in an overabundance of caution more than anything.
Hope they have some serious eye witness testimony (either way). That could range from so bad he should be fired on the spot to so innocuous that no one should even say a word, to every spot in between.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:Scuttlebutt is it's for hitting a player in the helmet because he wouldn't take a knee. That could be completely innocuous or really bad. It seems like the admin. leave is being done in an overabundance of caution more than anything.
I thought Frank Kush was dead.

Ever since the football incident at Kansas and other places, in today's society, you can't use the attention-getting tactics that worked twenty years ago (for better or worse). My son's college baseball team had an incident where the head coach tried enforce some team discipline, the player took exception and a shoving match ensued. The head coach was suspended indefinitely and ultimately quit because the school would not reinstate him. I personally think today's rules unfairly penalize the coach, but that's how we have "evolved." Be interested to see what the real reason was.
Plan your work, work your plan.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

I just want to say I am glad smartphones weren’t around 30 years ago.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Written reprimand and loss of a week's pay

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... elmet-slap
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

An interesting tidbit (not worth anything, but sort of ironic). My daughter had a forensics tournament at Morristown-Hamblen East High school this past weekend; I was there as a judge. As I was walking down the hall I noted their "Hall of Fame," where they show off alumni that succeeded and made a name for themselves. The only one I recognized was Randy Sanders...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?