BTW Tulane beat UNO tonight -

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
sr
Regent's Circle

BTW Tulane beat UNO tonight -

Post by sr »

randymc
President's Circle

Re: BTW Tulane beat UNO tonight -

Post by randymc »

Artigues had a nice night, 3 hits; game winning double in 9th. Ben White with his first win of year....this one coming in relief. Bates turned in a stellar 3 innings to start the game off for the Wave.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

If we ended up losing the game with the deciding margin being the, ahem, 7-2-4 errant backpick play this thread would be 10 posts long by now. At any rate, glad to finally win a close one against an in-state opponent after finding many creative ways to blow the others.
Stop me if you've heard this one before: the team we play this weekend hasn't hit well on the season to date, we have a good chance to build some confidence
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Randy, Bates pitched very well. Team needed this win. Todd said the rotation this weekend will be Roper, Keagan, and Bates. About time we change it up. Was surprised not to see Massey. Threw the ball well last time out.

By the way, saw something Sunday I have never seen before. Arkansas was playing Auburn. Auburn had a runner on 1b. The batter for Auburn hit a ball to deep left field. The left fielder for Arkansas leaped at the fence and appeared to have caught the ball. The runner on 1st ran to 2nd base and started to retreat to 1B. The hitter thought the ball was a home run and ran to second base passing up the base runner who was heading back to 1B. Well, it was a HR. The kid running back to 1B was ruled out since he was passed up by the kid who hit the HR. The hitter was considered dead when he passed up the player going back 1B. Therefore, he had to go back to the nearest base which was first base. The HR was changed to a single. And Arkansas won 5-4.
Last edited by tjtlja on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Some nice pitching tonight and a timely hit. As for Massey maybe he'll start against LSU next week.
We deserve so much better
Wavemania
President's Circle

Post by Wavemania »

Putting Keagan on Saturday. Must have read my post. Took him long enough to figure it out :razz:
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

As long as the weather cooperates with us. He might end up back on Sunday anyway in a DH due to possible weather. UH's busing down as usual so there's no getaway time for them.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Wavemania wrote:Putting Keagan on Saturday. Must have read my post. Took him long enough to figure it out :razz:
I'm sure that was it.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Charlie Dunn
Navigator Level

Post by Charlie Dunn »

Awesome. Good win by the wave.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
Wavemania wrote:Putting Keagan on Saturday. Must have read my post. Took him long enough to figure it out :razz:
I'm sure that was it.
doody if that's the case I'm taking credit for CJ being fired.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

tjtlja wrote:
By the way, saw something Sunday I have never seen before. Arkansas was playing Auburn. Auburn had a runner on 1b. The batter for Auburn hit a ball to deep left field. The left fielder for Arkansas leaped at the fence and appeared to have caught the ball. The runner on 1st ran to 2nd base and started to retreat to 1B. The hitter thought the ball was a home run and ran to second base passing up the base runner who was heading back to 1B. Well, it was a HR. The kid running back to 1B was ruled out since he was passed up by the kid who hit the HR. The hitter was considered dead when he passed up the player going back 1B. Therefore, he had to go back to the nearest base which was first base. The HR was changed to a single. And Arkansas won 5-4.
Although it didn't change result of game, same thing happened when Braves beat Pirates in 13th inning of Harvey Haddix "perfect game." Adock hit a homer to win it but Hank Aaron left baseline thinking it was a ground rule double and cork sucker passed him. Three run homer changed to game ending double and final score was 1-0 instead of 3-0. Game also only took 2:54; less than an average major league game today.
Fanowave
Crest Level

Post by Fanowave »

Finally beat an in State rival. Still, 1-6 in State. Not good but it's a keeper.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

tjtlja wrote:Randy, Bates pitched very well. Team needed this win. Todd said the rotation this weekend will be Roper, Keagan, and Bates. About time we change it up. Was surprised not to see Massey. Threw the ball well last time out.

So we win a game and you choose to post about a weird play in an SEC game?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Post by CletusRelm »

Good Win.

Let's keep it going! :-D
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Post by BC Wave »

It was a better played game than what we’ve grown used to in midweeks.

My big complaint was our hitters’ fixation with trying to hit it out of the park against that wind.

When they finally focused on line drives, we won.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

1309th WAVE wrote:If we ended up losing the game with the deciding margin being the, ahem, 7-2-4 errant backpick play this thread would be 10 posts long by now.
We're acting like we've been here before
Victory is never permanent
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

windywave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:Randy, Bates pitched very well. Team needed this win. Todd said the rotation this weekend will be Roper, Keagan, and Bates. About time we change it up. Was surprised not to see Massey. Threw the ball well last time out.

My initial post was about the game. The post about the play over the weekend was something I remembered that I had not seen before. Just a way to generate some baseball conversation in a baseball thread. I could see it being bothersome on a board that actually had a lot of conversation. On this board, we may have had 5-10 people conversing this past weekend. Only you!

Where were you this past weekend. I didn’t see one post about any of the baseball games. That’s right, I forgot your love of baseball and Jewett was just too emotional for you to gather yourself, pull yourself together, and post anything about the games, situations, player personnel, do I dare say coaching, etc. You had to post some sort of smart azz insult in some thread. Can’t imagine you going more than a day without a dig at someone.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

tjtlja wrote:
windywave wrote:

My initial post was about the game. The post about the play over the weekend was something I remembered that I had not seen before. Just a way to generate some baseball conversation in a baseball thread. I could see it being bothersome on a board that actually had a lot of conversation. On this board, we may have had 5-10 people conversing this past weekend. Only you!

Where were you this past weekend. I didn’t see one post about any of the baseball games. That’s right, I forgot your love of baseball and Jewett was just too emotional for you to gather yourself, pull yourself together, and post anything about the games, situations, player personnel, do I dare say coaching, etc. You had to post some sort of smart azz insult in some thread. Can’t imagine you going more than a day without a dig at someone.
Not entirely true: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50734&p=708174&sid= ... 30#p708174

But then you had your own non-scoreboard scoreboard thread going
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Two is better than one.
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

Just glad to get the 'W' !!
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

gerryb323 wrote:But then you had your own non-scoreboard scoreboard thread going
tjtlja wrote:Two is better than one.
If watered down participation on both is your goal.
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Post by Tulane49 »

Do you remember when Harvey Haddix had a perfect game against the Milwaukee Braves for 13 innings Felix Mantilla got on base on an error by Don Hoak. Mantilla was sacrificed to second by Eddie Matthews and Hank Aaron was intentionally walked. Joe cork sucker hit a home run over the right field fence, but in the confusion he passed Hank Aaron between second and third. He was credited with a double. Aaron was called out but Mantilla scored on the double and Haddix lost the game 1-0
Lew Burdette was the winning pitcher
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Great post TU49. I forgot about that. Would have loved to have been at that game.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Roller wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:But then you had your own non-scoreboard scoreboard thread going
tjtlja wrote:Two is better than one.
If watered down participation on both is your goal.
Roller, the goal was rather obvious. Baseball sucks, Jewett sucks.

Tulane baseball and Coach Jewett will hopefully figure this thing out starting this weekend. Very interested in seeing our new pitching rotation. This Houston team does not have a Romero, Wong, or the depth they had in the past. A sweep would do wonders. Artigues getting three hits last night might get us going offensively.