2 of Tulane's games vs. UCONN at minor league park

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
randymc
President's Circle

2 of Tulane's games vs. UCONN at minor league park

Post by randymc »

The first two games in next weekend's baseball series vs. UCONN will be at Dunkin' Donuts Park. The dimensions sure do favor left-handed hitters. Check these dimensions out: LF 325' Left center 357' Center 400 Right center- 350' and RF porch of 308'

http://www.baseballparks.com/indepth/du ... nuts-park/
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Re: 2 of Tulane's games vs. UCONN at minor league park

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Yard Goats are the AA affiliate of the Rockies, so I guess they tried to build a dinger-friendly park like Coors, just without the benefit of altitude.

Still endlessly tickled by this series SPECIFICALLY being the one moved to a stadium with lights.
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Post by IM42lane »

I hope that 'Spoon and a couple others wear out that short right field 'porch'.
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

Building that stadium was a financial disaster to an already bankrupt Hartford. It's still in the courts.

Now I have reason to go there!
Bring home da Wave!
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

doncecco wrote:Building that stadium was a financial disaster to an already bankrupt Hartford. It's still in the courts.

Sadly, Hartford and the tony adjacent towns of West Hartford and Farmington hit their high points in the mid 1980s while my wife was going to UConn Law School. The law school was still in Hartford and had not yet consolidated to the Storrs campus, Hartford insurance was king, and the Whalers were the NHL franchise in the Civic Center. The insurance industry HQ construct went the way of the buggy whip and without not much else, Hartford has slowly faded further into obscurity. Nothing cataclysmic like Detroit but just benign neglect. It was an up an coming area that came and went. The Mark Twain House is nice.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Should give all our NY/New England alums a good reason to go!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

TUPF wrote:
doncecco wrote:Building that stadium was a financial disaster to an already bankrupt Hartford. It's still in the courts.

Sadly, Hartford and the tony adjacent towns of West Hartford and Farmington hit their high points in the mid 1980s while my wife was going to UConn Law School. The law school was still in Hartford and had not yet consolidated to the Storrs campus, Hartford insurance was king, and the Whalers were the NHL franchise in the Civic Center. The insurance industry HQ construct went the way of the buggy whip and without not much else, Hartford has slowly faded further into obscurity. Nothing cataclysmic like Detroit but just benign neglect. It was an up an coming area that came and went. The Mark Twain House is nice.
West Hartford still doing nicely, but Hartford is in many ways as bad as NOLA, without the bright cultural parts.
Bring home da Wave!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

doncecco wrote:
TUPF wrote:

West Hartford still doing nicely, but Hartford is in many ways as bad as NOLA, without the bright cultural parts.
And snow
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count