Ray Ono Embo applies to enter 2018 NBA draft

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
waverider
Cornerstone

Ray Ono Embo applies to enter 2018 NBA draft

Unread post by waverider »

Made the list of early entrants for the draft. First I've heard of this. The following document says he submitted his request. (He's the 6th name on pg 4)

http://pr.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/si ... idates.pdf
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Ray Ono Embo applies to enter 2018 NBA draft

Unread post by windywave »

Just going for the experience and extra work IMO.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

windywave wrote:Just going for the experience and extra work IMO.
It's actually a good idea to get the extra work in and play against good competition. I won't start a post about would you draft him. I'll assume nobody here thinks he should be drafted. Heck, there are people here who don't think he should be starting at Tulane.
LondonWave
Coach Level

Unread post by LondonWave »

"Players wishing to enter the 2018 NBA Draft were required to submit a letter to the NBA to be received no later than Sunday, April 22. Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 11. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, underclassmen who have entered the 2018 Draft must withdraw by Wednesday, May 30."

I wonder by when upperclassmen must withdraw to retain their eligibility.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

Embo would have to be crazy to leave school and enter the Draft. I can imagine him playing overseas one day, but the NBA? No way.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
waverider
Cornerstone

LondonWave wrote:"Players wishing to enter the 2018 NBA Draft were required to submit a letter to the NBA to be received no later than Sunday, April 22. Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 11. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, underclassmen who have entered the 2018 Draft must withdraw by Wednesday, May 30."

From the way that's written it sounds like the NBA allows until June 11th but the NCAA requires a decision by May 30th if they want to return to school.
Tulane Greenbackers

LondonWave
Coach Level

Unread post by LondonWave »

waverider wrote:
LondonWave wrote:"Players wishing to enter the 2018 NBA Draft were required to submit a letter to the NBA to be received no later than Sunday, April 22. Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 11. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, underclassmen who have entered the 2018 Draft must withdraw by Wednesday, May 30."

From the way that's written it sounds like the NBA allows until June 11th but the NCAA requires a decision by May 30th if they want to return to school.
It says May 30th for underclassmen, but what about upperclassmen? I assume they specified underclassmen for a reason.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

Great opportunity for Slater and any other PG that may come our way. We'll see what happens with ROE.
Plan your work, work your plan.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

I think Slater is transferring somewhere
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

LondonWave wrote:
waverider wrote:

It says May 30th for underclassmen, but what about upperclassmen? I assume they specified underclassmen for a reason.
I'm pretty sure it just means "not seniors"
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

NJwave wrote:
windywave wrote:Just going for the experience and extra work IMO.
It's actually a good idea to get the extra work in and play against good competition. I won't start a post about would you draft him. I'll assume nobody here thinks he should be drafted. Heck, there are people here who don't think he should be starting at Tulane.
Plus the feedback from scouts/coaches/etc.
waverider
Cornerstone

LondonWave wrote:
waverider wrote:

The upperclassmen graduate or have used their eligibility.
Tulane Greenbackers

randymc
President's Circle

Unread post by randymc »

Melvin Frazier said -- to ESPN on Wednesday -- he's hiring an agent; so any tiny hope he'd return to Tulane for his senior year has evaporated.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

randymc wrote:Melvin Frazier said -- to ESPN on Wednesday -- he's hiring an agent; so any tiny hope he'd return to Tulane for his senior year has evaporated.
Good for him. And now we know. Let's get someone in here to replace him!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
waverider
Cornerstone

gerryb323 wrote:
randymc wrote:Melvin Frazier said -- to ESPN on Wednesday -- he's hiring an agent; so any tiny hope he'd return to Tulane for his senior year has evaporated.
Good for him. And now we know. Let's get someone in here to replace him!
There are some positives, recruiting wise, from him going pro as well.
Tulane Greenbackers