Tulane Hockey is no More

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Tulane Hockey is no More

Post by WaveProf »

Their home rink has been sold and will be turned into a warehouse, the team sent a goodbye post on Facebook
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane Hockey is no More

Post by Johnny Mac »

I'm truly amazed it endured as long as it had while having to drive hours to get to their rink... it was bad when I played and our rink was in the center of an abandoned mall down by the old Jefferson Downs.. the boards were made of cement and there were overhangs above both goals. If you raised your stick too high behind the net, you brought down foam from the suspended ceiling. Our locker room was an abandoned store next to the skating rink entrance.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

So what was the problem? Sounds like an excellent facility to me. :green wink:

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Fan Since '54 wrote:So what was the problem? Sounds like an excellent facility to me. :green wink:

Fan since '54
well, we didn't play "no contact" back then... so getting checked into cement boards didn't feel too good

but other than that, it was far better than driving hours for practice.. it took us about 30 minutes from uptown in one of the athletic department vans.. the ice was actually pretty good quality for a hot, humid climate.. probably had to do with being in an air conditioned mall
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest