Collegiate National Player of the Week

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Collegiate National Player of the Week

Unread post by CletusRelm »

Goes to Grant Matthews - Tulane
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Re: Collegiate National Player of the Week

Unread post by tjtlja »

Very nice. Well deserved. Maybe he will be in the starting lineup for the rest of the year. The kid can hit.
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Unread post by CletusRelm »

There are only 2 posts for this topic. This just shows the lack of interest that there is now in TU baseball.

Here's a TU Baseball Player that makes the National Collegiate Baseball Player of the Week, and only 2 posts, that's terrible. (Who was the last TU player to make this list?

I don't care what kind of pitchers are pitching, for a player to hit 1 HR in one game and come back the next day and hit 3 HR's, that is amazing. It is also a shame that this player has been riding the bench for most of the season.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Yes, these are the times that try men’s souls. Or just year 43 of being a Tulane fan.

Hang in there. Who ever thought the Eagles would finally win a Super Bowl with a second year coach and its NFL MVP candidate QB out for the year?

We’ll be back.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

His accomplishments were discussed in the thread on the series. So not much to repeat here. I will repeat though that he got chances earlier in the season and didn't cash in on them. It now appears the light has come on and that's good.
We deserve so much better
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

CletusRelm wrote:There are only 2 posts for this topic. This just shows the lack of interest that there is now in TU baseball.

Here's a TU Baseball Player that makes the National Collegiate Baseball Player of the Week, and only 2 posts, that's terrible. (Who was the last TU player to make this list?

I don't care what kind of pitchers are pitching, for a player to hit 1 HR in one game and come back the next day and hit 3 HR's, that is amazing. It is also a shame that this player has been riding the bench for most of the season.
What do you want? Not every poster is a narcissist that has to comment on every single post. There really wasn’t a need for 2 posts. The original could have been locked and still serve its purpose to inform those not aware.

People can circle jerk to Grant Mathews’ 3 homeruns on their own time :lol:

As for why he wasn’t playing more. That’s a good question. I thought he was hitting the ball pretty well early in the season too. I’m sure his absence was relating to defense, but aside from Owens who is the best catcher we have, I don’t think anyone is in the field for their defensive prowess.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Grant has hit the ball well every chance he has gotten. A lot of his outs were quality outs. Why he hasn’t played the entire year is anyone’s guess. This kid can hit. Next year looks bright provided the best kids are playing everyday. This is where coaching plays a huge part. A sample size of 40-50 at bats is not enough to measure what type of hitter a player can be.

I am proud to say my son received the honor a couple of years ago. Grant receiving that honor is quite an achievement.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

It's not anyone's guess. He wasn't hitting like this earlier in the year and a lot of those were not tough outs. But the facts never stop the agenda.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

You are repeating yourself over and over. Pay attention at the games. Quality at-batd do matter.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

I was just following your lead. Of course quality at bats matter. He wasn't having them. He was 0-17 from 3-7 to 3-21. Thanks for making me have to repeat that.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

You are a tool.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

The facts are so upsetting to you.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

Harumph, harumph.

I didn't get a Harumph from that guy (please insert pic/scene of Governor Lapetomaine from Blazing Saddles).
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?