fyi...Tulane baseball 13 wins 18 losses vs...

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
randymc
President's Circle

fyi...Tulane baseball 13 wins 18 losses vs...

Unread post by randymc »

teams in this year's NCAA tourney.
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: fyi...Tulane baseball 13 wins 18 losses vs...

Unread post by sr »

Here are the brackets if anyone is interested …

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

Hey, look, a private school, Stetson, hosting a regional.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

FW wrote:Hey, look, a private school, Stetson, hosting a regional.
They had to be damn near perfect to get a look as a small conference school and they were. Staff ERA of 2.58 best in the NCAA. Them Hatters can really twirl it.
randymc
President's Circle

Unread post by randymc »

Stetson beat the Wave two out of 3 last year.
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

FW wrote:I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.
That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
randymc
President's Circle

Unread post by randymc »

that private schools can succeed
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

windywave wrote:
Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.
My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.
UCF? That campus is insane. I was there for a campus in February. My kids will get in-state in TN and GA, so I'm hoping they're good at math and go to GT, because we won't be able to afford Tulane unless we get major help.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Subtle brag.
windywave
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Subtle brag.
First off it's called a backdoor brag. Second if you knew his profession you'd know it's a statement of fact.
#cousins don't count
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

The NCAA put the best SEC teams on one side of the bracket. don't want another all SEC final.

LSU got sent out to OSU :lol:
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Subtle brag.
First off it's called a backdoor brag. Second if you knew his profession you'd know it's a statement of fact.
Thanks for the back up.

I did not mean it as a boast or brag. As an aside I have spent at least $40K a year for the last 18 years on physical, speech and occupational therapy for my son (who just graduated from high school two days ago, will be taking classes at the local community college and marching with ETSU's football band this fall). Those expenses don't show up when Tulane looks at aid/scholarships/etc, only what I earn. My income also kept me from having any coverage for such care by other resources.
visualmagic
President's Circle

It’s a joke. Y’all should lighten up
windywave
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:It’s a joke. Y’all should lighten up
A) Not funny B) Poorly executed C) if in doubt go pink
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Subtle brag.
Thanks for the back up.

I did not mean it as a boast or brag. As an aside I have spent at least $40K a year for the last 18 years on physical, speech and occupational therapy for my son (who just graduated from high school two days ago, will be taking classes at the local community college and marching with ETSU's football band this fall). Those expenses don't show up when Tulane looks at aid/scholarships/etc, only what I earn. My income also kept me from having any coverage for such care by other resources.
Well.now you're just ostentatiously bragging :angel:
#cousins don't count
visualmagic
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:It’s a joke. Y’all should lighten up
A) Not funny B) Poorly executed C) if in doubt go pink
You’re just not familiar with the meme. This audience is probably a little old for that joke.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

windywave wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Subtle brag.
Thanks for the back up.

If you been through all the stuff we have faced with our son, you’d brag too. Now if we can just get him to find a career and way to keep him well for the rest of his life...
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Subtle brag.
Thanks for the back up.

If you been through all the stuff we have faced with our son, you’d brag too. Now if we can just get him to find a career and way to keep him well for the rest of his life...
Enough with the bragging already!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Unread post by CletusRelm »

Go Oregon State!
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

Yankeewave wrote:The NCAA put the best SEC teams on one side of the bracket. don't want another all SEC final.

LSU got sent out to OSU :lol:
Seems like the odds would be even better if they didn't invite 10 SEC teams.
Victory is never permanent
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

CletusRelm wrote:Go Oregon State!
Admitted child rapist or LSU?
I'm gonna have to think on this one
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:
CletusRelm wrote:Go Oregon State!
Admitted child rapist or LSU?
I'm gonna have to think on this one
Nah, still an easy choice. Now, maybe if the entire team were admitted child rapists...