Tulane welcomes Grad Transfer OL Noah Fisher ...

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
sr
Regent's Circle

Tulane welcomes Grad Transfer OL Noah Fisher ...

Post by sr »

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 87329?s=20

Looks like he was All Conference at some point -
EagerBiever
Breaker Level

Re: Tulane welcomes Grad Transfer OL Noah Fisher ...

Post by EagerBiever »

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/201 ... ng_to.html

https://www.usajaguars.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7347

Apparently has started 25 consecutive games for South Alabama, switching between right and left tackle. 2nd team all conference last season.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

The Bailey Granier thing might be a blessing in disguise!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

O-lineman with D1 experience. An established record of good performance on the field. Is there a downside to this move? Nice get.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:O-lineman with D1 experience. An established record of good performance on the field. Is there a downside to this move? Nice get.
D1 experience from the day he stepped on campus in Mobile... played in every game as a freshman... started every game as a Soph... didn't see if he missed any games last year, but looked like he was the starting LT... big dude, 6-5, 315
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Wow. This is a serious boost for our depth on the OL. We now have (again) 7 guys who have started a major college game. If he plays tackle here I’d look into moving one of the two top LT’s (McLeod & Johnson) inside to compete with Cameron Jackel (I’m assuming either Dublin or Briggs moves inside to become our new center).
Last edited by long green on Wed May 30, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Post by fearthewave »

Has been starting on USA's line since his freshman year. Their new coach talked up his experience and how they could build around him, recently:

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 0576155649

Athlon had Fisher as an all-Sun Belt first team player in their preseason projection. Big big big.
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

Wow. This make Diaz's decision less devastating and Grainier's sting less. We know how USA's fans are feeling today.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I disagree. If this goes through...

1) it takes a great deal of the sting out of losing Diaz
2) it makes me want to point and laugh at Granier

I edited this because nothing is ever certain.
Last edited by long green on Wed May 30, 2018 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

Man this seems like great news. Tough not to get too excited about this after reading about his work ethic, size, leadership and solid consistent play. USA was building their OL around him in '18. Plugs right in as a starter. OL grades were very high in USA bio.
One of my two biggest concerns coming into fall has been eased a bit. And I'm convinced the 2nd question (2nd corner starter) could be answered by some tremendous frosh coming in.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

long green wrote:I disagree. If this goes through...

Why laugh? Does this somehow make Granier's situation at UCF worse?
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Let’s make a deal, ml. I’ll answer your question when you react to the news in this thread.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

long green wrote:Let’s make a deal, ml. I’ll answer your question when you react to the news in this thread.
I don't know what that means. You're for some reason anxiously awaiting my reaction to reports of a transfer that I've never heard of or seen play? Ok, if you insist...I'm happy we might get a guy that is reported to be a good player.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

1401973 wrote:Man this seems like great news. Tough not to get too excited about this after reading about his work ethic, size, leadership and solid consistent play. USA was building their OL around him in '18. Plugs right in as a starter. OL grades were very high in USA bio.
https://youtu.be/arZdeg_fL-I
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

ml wave wrote:
long green wrote:Let’s make a deal, ml. I’ll answer your question when you react to the news in this thread.
I don't know what that means. You're for some reason anxiously awaiting my reaction to reports of a transfer that I've never heard of or seen play? Ok, if you insist...I'm happy we might get a guy that is reported to be a good player.

To answer your question I’ll say that it would be more accurate to say I am laughing not at Bailey Granier but at the deflated reactions of some when it was reported that he was going to play for UCF. My bad.

I genuinely don’t know what makes your yogwf self tick.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

long green wrote:I disagree. If this goes through...

Amen, Long!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

long green wrote:
ml wave wrote:

To answer your question I’ll say that it would be more accurate to say I am laughing not at Bailey Granier but at the deflated reactions of some when it was reported that he was going to play for UCF. My bad.

That makes sense.

That's ok, I like to keep 'em guessing.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

The best thing about Fisher is not just his experience but the fact that he was at least good enough to make All-Conference by the coaches vote. Phil Steele also had him as an all-conference player both before and after the season. I'm watching some offensive snaps of different South Alabama games right now, and the thing that sticks out to me is that he looks like a guard both in his build and his movements. He's definitely not a great fit at left tackle. He's strong but he's not great versus speed off the edge. Once he gets his hands on you, he's tough to shake. Kicking him inside could be beneficial to both us and him. At worst, we have a guy who we can put in the game and feel confident that he knows what he's doing.

This locks us into a max of 25 players for this coming recruiting cycle...we could have signed 26 before adding Fisher to the 2018 class.
This one belongs to the Wave.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Very important get. His playing experience dwarfs Granier's. I'd be shocked if he doesn't start. We needed help here and the staff delivered. Kudos.
We deserve so much better
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

As a grad transfer with 1 year remaining, I'm guessing he's pretty much been told a starting spot is his to lose
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

College Football Editor from Athlon Sports said this is "Excellent and significant for Tulane." And he was one of the Sun Belt's top returning OL in 2018.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I don't know why Granier got cold feet at the altar but I always believe any of us should have the freedom to attend the college of our choice. I don't begrudge his decision but I'm disappointed he apparently wasted Fritz's and other's time but so be it.

Key point here as repeatedly noted by others above is the amount of playing experience Fisher has compared to Granier. (One could make a reasonable case on paper that Fisher is better than Diaz too.) Yes it worked out for Tulane with Davenport who was a bench warmer at LSU but who knows for Granier? In short Fritz made lemonade out of this. Just another sign why he is successful.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

This guy would be nice. Has two years left. https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2018 ... to-trasfer
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Poseidon wrote:This guy would be nice. Has two years left. https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2018 ... to-trasfer
I texted my buddy today that getting an OL was nice.. but a Taurean Nixon type CB would be ideal for a grad transfer at this point. Sure, we could use the QB depth and this kid would be a nice get.. but our secondary needs a stud at CB.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

long green wrote:
ml wave wrote:

Sure you know, go ahead and say it, everyone else agrees with you. Or are you two friends off the board?