Grab that goose Honey, we'll freeze him till Thanksgiving ..

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
sr
Regent's Circle

Grab that goose Honey, we'll freeze him till Thanksgiving ..

Post by sr »

Roller
Cornerstone

Re: Grab that goose Honey, we'll freeze him till Thanksgivin

Post by Roller »

They didn't try the Dave Winfield approach, but all's well that ends well, I suppose.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.
How do you really feel?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Johnny Mac wrote:"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.
Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

sr wrote:
Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.
I just run at them and yell foie gras foie gras
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Went to some friends' house today and they have a small pond/lake out back with fish. All the kids were excited to fish but there were about 25 Canadian geese patrolling the pond, daring anyone to come near. The flock included about 8 gosling, so they've clearly settled there. And there was goose crap everywhere in their yard. Thankfully they have a lab who likes to chase sticks in the lake, so a quick "fetch, girl" toss of a stick and the geese found their way to the other end of the pond. But the fact that their property has virtually been taken over by a pest, about which you can do nothing, is ridiculous. I'm 100% on board with JM and his rant above.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Not sure about elsewhere but here in Tennessee you can hunt canadian geese. The season is short, a couple of weeks in September, but during that time the bag limit is pretty high iirc. It's not like they are an endangered so you would think some hunting of them would be allowed.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

I can't say I've ever eaten goose
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
but they've been away from Canada for so long they no longer understand French
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:I can't say I've ever eaten goose
Peasant
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
It's ingrained in their memory I think because they still run or fly away.
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
They do not run away when my 18 month old chases them, but then he doesn't speak French. So you may be onto something
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
They do not run away when my 18 month old chases them, but then he doesn't speak French. So you may be onto something
If you get one that's guarding a nest, it takes more than an 18-month old; they regularly chased cars in my office parking lot when they'd made a next right next to a driveway one year.

There is a field next to the road my wife takes when driving the kids to school every day, and a bunch of geese hang out there. Some days they decide to waddle across the road during rush hour. Traffic comes to a complete standstill as they lackadaisically waddle across with their "FU" attitudes, making everyone late. Windy, you're so macho, will you come down here and mow a few down to teach them a lesson?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

PeteRasche wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
If you get one that's guarding a nest, it takes more than an 18-month old; they regularly chased cars in my office parking lot when they'd made a next right next to a driveway one year.

There is a field next to the road my wife takes when driving the kids to school every day, and a bunch of geese hang out there. Some days they decide to waddle across the road during rush hour. Traffic comes to a complete standstill as they lackadaisically waddle across with their "FU" attitudes, making everyone late. Windy, you're so macho, will you come down here and mow a few down to teach them a lesson?
Mow them down? That would be cruel but I would chase them
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »