Always suspected this

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Always suspected this

Post by PeteRasche »

DrHullabaloo wrote: please do not take anything written in that book as anything other than embellished fabrication.
I don't think any of us have any intention of even cracking the cover at a bookstore, much less wasting our money buying it.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Just a small observation - but when my son and I would come in for Homecoming games and we'd be on campus to watch the Homecoming parade, it always bugged me that he put himself in the first car with that stupid dyed hair. My middle school son would ask - 'so this guy is the President of Tulane?'
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

sr wrote:Just a small observation - but when my son and I would come in for Homecoming games and we'd be on campus to watch the Homecoming parade, it always bugged me that he put himself in the first car with that stupid dyed hair. My middle school son would ask - 'so this guy is the President of Tulane?'
The hair was always good for a laugh. A lot of fellow bandies in the TUMB never understood why I hated him so much (they didn't grow up Tulane fans, for one); I had to explain The Review and other related misgivings a lot. I mean, if he had his way, none of them would've even been in a marching band here. When we played at the gig in Devlin for his retirement I scowled the whole time.

Then again, I had to explain the rules of football a lot too. But that's part of a whole different discussion on our lack of a music ed program not attracting the garden variety Louisiana hardcore "bandnerds".
wave97
Head Trainer

Post by wave97 »

wavedom wrote:You can go back to Gibson after Smith.
This was the most critically bad decision since leaving the SEC. Nothing else comes close. Everything that has come to pass with television rights was being determined in the early 80's. We were poised to take off as a program with talent that the Smith staff had brought in from all over the country. It didn't happen. Thanks Hindman!