Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20952
Location: North Kenner
Per FTW:
https://twitter.com/fearthewaveblog/sta ... 27808?s=21

Quote:
Tulane places 10 on Phil Steele All-AAC Team:

OFFENSE
2nd: Noah Fisher - OL

3rd: Corey Dublin - OL
Teddy Encalade - WR

4th: Corey Dauphine RB
Charles Jones TE

DEFENSE:
2nd: Cam Sample DL

4th: Rod Teamer DB
Donnie Lewis DB

S/T

1st: Geron Eatherly LS
4th: Jacob Robertson PR
Interesting to note that our highest “rated” guy is the OL transfer that was just announced.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4348
Location: Wichita
waverider wrote:
Per FTW:
https://twitter.com/fearthewaveblog/sta ... 27808?s=21

Quote:
Tulane places 10 on Phil Steele All-AAC Team:

OFFENSE
2nd: Noah Fisher - OL

3rd: Corey Dublin - OL
Teddy Encalade - WR

4th: Corey Dauphine RB
Charles Jones TE

DEFENSE:
2nd: Cam Sample DL

4th: Rod Teamer DB
Donnie Lewis DB

S/T

1st: Geron Eatherly LS
4th: Jacob Robertson PR
Interesting to note that our highest “rated” guy is the OL transfer that was just announced.

Well, or the long snapper, but noted.
And is Teddy Encalade some kind of weird combination of Teddy Veal and Terren Encalade?

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:04 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24820
Location: New Orleans
Teddy has always been his nickname, too.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4348
Location: Wichita
long green wrote:
Teddy has always been his nickname, too.

Huh (Hm? How would y'all note the sound of "oh, I didn't realize that. Interesting"? You know, kinds half grunt, half "oh I see")
I guess I always heard just "Encalade" and not his first name

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9871
The conference doesn't do a 4th team, do they?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24820
Location: New Orleans
No, but Steele has for years. I don’t know if the league even picks a 3rd team after the season.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:29 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20952
Location: North Kenner
gerryb323 wrote:
waverider wrote:
Per FTW:
https://twitter.com/fearthewaveblog/sta ... 27808?s=21

Quote:
Tulane places 10 on Phil Steele All-AAC Team:

OFFENSE
2nd: Noah Fisher - OL

3rd: Corey Dublin - OL
Teddy Encalade - WR

4th: Corey Dauphine RB
Charles Jones TE

DEFENSE:
2nd: Cam Sample DL

4th: Rod Teamer DB
Donnie Lewis DB

S/T

1st: Geron Eatherly LS
4th: Jacob Robertson PR
Interesting to note that our highest “rated” guy is the OL transfer that was just announced.

Well, or the long snapper, but noted.
You bring up a good point. I was focusing on offense and defense, but to have a 1st team long snapper speaks volumes compared to where we were just a couple of seasons ago.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:31 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20085
Location: Chicago
waverider wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
waverider wrote:
Per FTW:
https://twitter.com/fearthewaveblog/sta ... 27808?s=21

Quote:
Tulane places 10 on Phil Steele All-AAC Team:

OFFENSE
2nd: Noah Fisher - OL

3rd: Corey Dublin - OL
Teddy Encalade - WR

4th: Corey Dauphine RB
Charles Jones TE

DEFENSE:
2nd: Cam Sample DL

4th: Rod Teamer DB
Donnie Lewis DB

S/T

1st: Geron Eatherly LS
4th: Jacob Robertson PR
Interesting to note that our highest “rated” guy is the OL transfer that was just announced.

Well, or the long snapper, but noted.
You bring up a good point. I was focusing on offense and defense, but to have a 1st team long snapper speaks volumes compared to where we were just a couple of seasons ago.


Doesn't matter if the punter drops it

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4348
Location: Wichita
windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
waverider wrote:
Per FTW:
https://twitter.com/fearthewaveblog/sta ... 27808?s=21

Quote:
Tulane places 10 on Phil Steele All-AAC Team:

OFFENSE
2nd: Noah Fisher - OL

3rd: Corey Dublin - OL
Teddy Encalade - WR

4th: Corey Dauphine RB
Charles Jones TE

DEFENSE:
2nd: Cam Sample DL

4th: Rod Teamer DB
Donnie Lewis DB

S/T

1st: Geron Eatherly LS
4th: Jacob Robertson PR
Interesting to note that our highest “rated” guy is the OL transfer that was just announced.

Well, or the long snapper, but noted.
You bring up a good point. I was focusing on offense and defense, but to have a 1st team long snapper speaks volumes compared to where we were just a couple of seasons ago.


Doesn't matter if the punter drops it

Image

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20085
Location: Chicago
That warms my heart

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2484
Location: Baton Rouge
Steele also has Tulane's RB core 48th. Four spots better than LSU.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:09 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2484
Location: Baton Rouge
Qb Unit 44th. OL 42nd. No defensive units in top 50.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2706
Regarding the defense, will there be a huge drop off from the past two years or does this years defensive unit have the talent to actually be better than years past?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:06 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2484
Location: Baton Rouge
tjtlja wrote:
Regarding the defense, will there be a huge drop off from the past two years or does this years defensive unit have the talent to actually be better than years past?


Phil Steele makes the argument that despite the losses on the d-line, it will the same or better because it wasn't very good statistically last year. He states that their 14 sacks total last year was bad and there is no where to go but up, as well as giving up more than 200 a game on the ground. I attribute those stats to both to who we played and how the games went. Specifically, we played pure running teams(Navy, Army), Pro style ball control teams(ECU, Cincey, FIU), and played from behind against passing teams(Memphis, Oklahoma, USF) which encouraged them not to pass.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20080
Location: New Orleans
I also blame that on a terrible defensive scheme that pretty much took away our best pass rusher and future NFL Darft pick, Ade Aruna

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2484
Location: Baton Rouge
The new D-line will face a tough test week one vs Wake who has 5 returning starters on the o-line consisting of 4 seniors and 1 junior.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 7012
Location: Charlotte
GreenieBacker wrote:
I also blame that on a terrible defensive scheme that pretty much took away our best pass rusher and future NFL Darft pick, Ade Aruna


don't think it was the scheme.. Aruna had a bad ankle and was ineffective from the edge, so they moved him inside... then later in the year, guys like Johnson and Sample were holding their own on the outside, so Aruna was used to bolster a weak interior (as was Robert Kennedy)

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:46 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9871
Johnny Mac wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:
I also blame that on a terrible defensive scheme that pretty much took away our best pass rusher and future NFL Darft pick, Ade Aruna


don't think it was the scheme.. Aruna had a bad ankle and was ineffective from the edge, so they moved him inside... then later in the year, guys like Johnson and Sample were holding their own on the outside, so Aruna was used to bolster a weak interior (as was Robert Kennedy)

We had 14 sacks as a team and rarely pressured the QB otherwise, so I'm not sure how much "holding their own" we were doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group