Andy Cannizaro

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Andy Cannizaro

Post by tjtlja »

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/06/15/missi ... -henderson

The above is a very interesting read about Mississippi State’s baseball season. How many lives have ruined by a cell phone. Andy will not get another college job for a long time, maybe never. Wasting the opportunity that was his for the taking is sad.

On the other hand, Jake flourished. Hope he becomes a head coach in the near future. He deserves it.
Last edited by tjtlja on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PJR
Breaker Level

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by PJR »

Andy Cannizaro will likely be Tulane's next head coach if Jewett does not make it after next season.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Well lookey who can't let go of his obsession.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

PJR wrote:Andy Cannizaro will likely be Tulane's next head coach if Jewett does not make it after next season.
Pink?
#cousins don't count
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

PJR wrote:Andy Cannizaro will likely be Tulane's next head coach if Jewett does not make it after next season.
Read the article. I did. The team and staff at State turned a disaster into a dream season and they still take time to back the bus over Andy C. Yikes. Gautreau calls him out and is called a former friend. Yikes. The most robust defense of AC is "there are two sides to every story." From an source that would not be named. Yikes.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

“overwhelmed with the job”
Victory is never permanent
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I don't even like participating in the petty squabbling about him and Tulane and TJ, but I read that story out of curiosity and I can't help but take from it a distinct happiness among the players and others that he was gone. Presumably this was because he'd acted so aloof and different (due to the described phone addiction?) to the point where he wasn't the same guy they'd signed on with, but nonetheless, it doesn't sound like anyone was sad when he finally was gone.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Another Twitter addict with a twitchy finger. Smartphone addiction really is a thing. I read it on the internet.

Seriously. The Peter Principle is a quantifiable thing in any profession and AC is a poster boy. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our program despite what his apologists say. As we used to say in the Submarine Force: he’s a head case...next.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote: As we used to say in the Submarine Force: he’s a head case...next.
Your job was to play hide and seek and chicken in a metal tube with radioactive material underwater where if you spring a leak your metal tube implodes.... how is that NOT crazy?
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote: As we used to say in the Submarine Force: he’s a head case...next.
Your job was to play hide and seek and chicken in a metal tube with radioactive material underwater where if you spring a leak your metal tube implodes.... how is that NOT crazy?
Well...there’s that.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

TUPF wrote:Another Twitter addict with a twitchy finger. Smartphone addiction really is a thing. I read it on the internet.

Seriously. The Peter Principle is a quantifiable thing in any profession and AC is a poster boy. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our program despite what his apologists say. As we used to say in the Submarine Force: he’s a head case...next.
TUPF, very well said and I wish could have articulated in the same manner you did. In fact, every response was terrific.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote:I don't even like participating in the petty squabbling about him and Tulane and TJ, but I read that story out of curiosity and I can't help but take from it a distinct happiness among the players and others that he was gone. Presumably this was because he'd acted so aloof and different (due to the described phone addiction?) to the point where he wasn't the same guy they'd signed on with, but nonetheless, it doesn't sound like anyone was sad when he finally was gone.
Pete, the only similarity between AC and TJ is how unprepared we were to start the 2017 season. The similarities end right there! I regret ever backing AC’s candidacy for the Tulane job.

In the aftermath, I have more respect for Jake than I did when he was recruiting my son. The dichotomy of two different members of the Tulane Hall of Fame within one unbelievable baseball season is amazing.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

tjtlja wrote: I regret ever backing AC’s candidacy for the Tulane job.
Just preserving this
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:I don't even like participating in the petty squabbling about him and Tulane and TJ, but I read that story out of curiosity and I can't help but take from it a distinct happiness among the players and others that he was gone. Presumably this was because he'd acted so aloof and different (due to the described phone addiction?) to the point where he wasn't the same guy they'd signed on with, but nonetheless, it doesn't sound like anyone was sad when he finally was gone.
Pete, the only similarity between AC and TJ is how unprepared we were to start the 2017 season. The similarities end right there! I regret ever backing AC’s candidacy for the Tulane job.

In the aftermath, I have more respect for Jake than I did when he was recruiting my son. The dichotomy of two different members of the Tulane Hall of Fame within one unbelievable baseball season is amazing.
I didn't say anything whatsoever about similarities between the two and I don't know why you went there.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

PeteRasche wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

I didn't say anything whatsoever about similarities between the two and I don't know why you went there.
He just wanted to take a swipe at TJ
#cousins don't count
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

No, just stating a fact. Why are you such a d***?
Last edited by tjtlja on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

Just making a petty observation related to the article. I think many of our kids felt the same way the State kids did.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

Just making a petty observation related to the article. I think many of our kids felt the same way the State kids did.
You realize the incongruity between this statement and the prior one. I said you wanted to take a swipe and you ask why I'm being a dick, yet you admit it was "making a petty observation." Commence mental gymnastics
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

tjtlja wrote:No, just stating a fact. Why are you such a d***?
Don't know. Once science determines nature vs nurture I'll let you know.

Why do you make incessant "petty observations" all the time?
#cousins don't count
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Wow, interesting (and sad) article.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

It’s being reported that Andy was named head coach at Holy Cross HS in NOLA.

https://twitter.com/jimderryjr/status/1 ... 46401?s=12
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

good for him, everyone deserves a second chance.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

ditto; the road back begins
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Andy Cannizaro named baseball coach at Holy Cross effective June 1

https://www.nola.com/sports/2019/02/and ... cross.html

I liked everything in the article except the "Go Tigers" part :wink:

I've got to think if I'm a young man who thinks he can play college ball one day, AC would be a guy I would look hard at.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

GreenieBacker wrote:Andy Cannizaro named baseball coach at Holy Cross effective June 1

https://www.nola.com/sports/2019/02/and ... cross.html

I liked everything in the article except the "Go Tigers" part :wink:

I've got to think if I'm a young man who thinks he can play college ball one day, AC would be a guy I would look hard at.
And I've got to think if you're a young woman, AC would be a guy who would look...nevermind.