Baseball / Football SID headed to Oklahoma

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
noladave
Regent's Circle

Baseball / Football SID headed to Oklahoma

Unread post by noladave »

Our current Baseball SID, and assistant Football SID, Eric Hollier, is headed to Oklahoma, to do the same thing - Football, and Baseball.

Sorry to see him go, and wish him luck! It’s a big move to a P5 conference member, and Top 10 football team.
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: Baseball / Football SID headed to Oklahoma

Unread post by sr »

Can we just say OU and not P5 … we all know they're P5.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Or Defending national champion
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
RollWaveRoll
Crest Level

Unread post by RollWaveRoll »

That job should really be 2 jobs in my oppionion. 1 sid for baseball, 1 sid for football. I believe thats 2 sid's who left that same position in basically the last 2 years. I wouldn't expect to have much continuity here until its 2 jobs. I believe it used to be 2 jobs pre dannen, but have no idea if that is 100% true or not.
noladave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by noladave »

From what I’ve seen, most of the sports information people cover several teams, and then several SID’s cover Football, at least partially, as it is so much work.

Oklahoma has it as 1 job, and you see that with a lot of the spring sports, like baseball. Not much to do during the fall, for baseball, with the exception of fall practices.

Troy even mentioned numbers at the boomtown event. I wish I would have written it down, but something like 94 people in the department are dedicated to just football and then another 40 or 50 dedicate at least part of their time for football. Football is such a beast, it needs a lot of attention.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

noladave wrote:From what I’ve seen, most of the sports information people cover several teams, and then several SID’s cover Football, at least partially, as it is so much work.

Oklahoma has it as 1 job, and you see that with a lot of the spring sports, like baseball. Not much to do during the fall, for baseball, with the exception of fall practices.

Troy even mentioned numbers at the boomtown event. I wish I would have written it down, but something like 94 people in the department are dedicated to just football and then another 40 or 50 dedicate at least part of their time for football. Football is such a beast, it needs a lot of attention.
This. It's routine for someone to split time with football and another sport, everywhere (including, obviously, Oklahoma).
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

If they were single-sport Information Directors, wouldn't they be called the "FID," "BID," etc.?
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

Roller wrote:If they were single-sport Information Directors, wouldn't they be called the "FID," "BID," etc.?
WBVBID