8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
windywave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 22253
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by windywave »

tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:6 out of 8 hired and/or kept too long by RD/SC. And if you want to stick your chin out for that slap, realize you said two to three years and it's been two, so you can't complain too much yet. However, that whole concept is ridiculous, only SEC schools fire coaches after two years. Tulane isn't in that realm of foolishness.
Look at the results after years 2 and 3. Look at the recruiting, especially after year one. Davis, Toledo, CJ, English, Finney, and Conroy all fit that profile. Cutting your losses after two years is not foolish. It is done to CEO’s, CFO’s, etc., everyday over a wide range of industries. The RD/SC era obviously contributed to this, but there is nothing wrong with admitting your mistakes. Who are you referring to in the SEC (football only)? Arkansas kept Biliema for five long agonizing years. Butch Jones was at UT for 4 years. The only guy I can think of is Derek Dooley who deserved to go after a couple of years.
So what's your point CEO's get more than two years to fix things and it is just underlings that get canned? Head coaches are the CEO of the team. Also if you think a company can be turned around in two years then you are probably not in the real business world. So your SEC example means we should keep our coaches more than two years? Bravo on contradicting yourself repeatedly in a single post (pointing out your inconsistent statements is not a personal attack)
Using big words is not a personal attack

visualmagic
President's Circle
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by visualmagic »

If you need to turn things around you should get more than 2 years but if you come into a flourishing operation and immediately run it into the ground like Ellis Johnson at USM, then I’d say it’s perfectly reasonable to fire a guy after 1-2 seasons.

tjtlja
President's Circle
Posts: 4229
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by tjtlja »

windywave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:6 out of 8 hired and/or kept too long by RD/SC. And if you want to stick your chin out for that slap, realize you said two to three years and it's been two, so you can't complain too much yet. However, that whole concept is ridiculous, only SEC schools fire coaches after two years. Tulane isn't in that realm of foolishness.
Look at the results after years 2 and 3. Look at the recruiting, especially after year one. Davis, Toledo, CJ, English, Finney, and Conroy all fit that profile. Cutting your losses after two years is not foolish. It is done to CEO’s, CFO’s, etc., everyday over a wide range of industries. The RD/SC era obviously contributed to this, but there is nothing wrong with admitting your mistakes. Who are you referring to in the SEC (football only)? Arkansas kept Biliema for five long agonizing years. Butch Jones was at UT for 4 years. The only guy I can think of is Derek Dooley who deserved to go after a couple of years.
So what's your point CEO's get more than two years to fix things and it is just underlings that get canned? Head coaches are the CEO of the team. Also if you think a company can be turned around in two years then you are probably not in the real business world. So your SEC example means we should keep our coaches more than two years? Bravo on contradicting yourself repeatedly in a single post (pointing out your inconsistent statements is not a personal attack)


Pete said letting coaches go after two to three years was how the SEC did business.

Company’s, like football teams, are turned around in two years. Sort of like Tulane football’s CEO did in 1998, or CEO Perry Clark did toward the end of year two, and CEO David Pierce did in years one and two.

tjtlja
President's Circle
Posts: 4229
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by tjtlja »

tjtlja wrote:
windywave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:6 out of 8 hired and/or kept too long by RD/SC. And if you want to stick your chin out for that slap, realize you said two to three years and it's been two, so you can't complain too much yet. However, that whole concept is ridiculous, only SEC schools fire coaches after two years. Tulane isn't in that realm of foolishness.
Look at the results after years 2 and 3. Look at the recruiting, especially after year one. Davis, Toledo, CJ, English, Finney, and Conroy all fit that profile. Cutting your losses after two years is not foolish. It is done to CEO’s, CFO’s, etc., everyday over a wide range of industries. The RD/SC era obviously contributed to this, but there is nothing wrong with admitting your mistakes. Who are you referring to in the SEC (football only)? Arkansas kept Biliema for five long agonizing years. Butch Jones was at UT for 4 years. The only guy I can think of is Derek Dooley who deserved to go after a couple of years.
So what's your point CEO's get more than two years to fix things and it is just underlings that get canned? Head coaches are the CEO of the team. Also if you think a company can be turned around in two years then you are probably not in the real business world. So your SEC example means we should keep our coaches more than two years? Bravo on contradicting yourself repeatedly in a single post (pointing out your inconsistent statements is not a personal attack)


Pete said letting coaches go after two to three years was how the SEC did business. I was pointing out that they didn’t do that.

Company’s, like football teams, are turned around in two years. Sort of like Tulane football’s CEO did in 1998, or CEO Perry Clark did toward the end of year two, and CEO David Pierce did in years one and two.

wavedom
Coach Level
Posts: 1939
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by wavedom »

So no one has any news on the scrimmage? Or did people forget that's what this thread is about. For those that want to hate on Jewett there are plenty of threads out there on that.
Here we come!

windywave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 22253
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by windywave »

tjtlja wrote:
windywave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:6 out of 8 hired and/or kept too long by RD/SC. And if you want to stick your chin out for that slap, realize you said two to three years and it's been two, so you can't complain too much yet. However, that whole concept is ridiculous, only SEC schools fire coaches after two years. Tulane isn't in that realm of foolishness.
Look at the results after years 2 and 3. Look at the recruiting, especially after year one. Davis, Toledo, CJ, English, Finney, and Conroy all fit that profile. Cutting your losses after two years is not foolish. It is done to CEO’s, CFO’s, etc., everyday over a wide range of industries. The RD/SC era obviously contributed to this, but there is nothing wrong with admitting your mistakes. Who are you referring to in the SEC (football only)? Arkansas kept Biliema for five long agonizing years. Butch Jones was at UT for 4 years. The only guy I can think of is Derek Dooley who deserved to go after a couple of years.
So what's your point CEO's get more than two years to fix things and it is just underlings that get canned? Head coaches are the CEO of the team. Also if you think a company can be turned around in two years then you are probably not in the real business world. So your SEC example means we should keep our coaches more than two years? Bravo on contradicting yourself repeatedly in a single post (pointing out your inconsistent statements is not a personal attack)


Pete said letting coaches go after two to three years was how the SEC did business.

Company’s, like football teams, are turned around in two years. Sort of like Tulane football’s CEO did in 1998, or CEO Perry Clark did toward the end of year two, and CEO David Pierce did in years one and two.
Just to clarify you feel all three of our major sport coaches should be canned every third year unless they do what? The logical conclusion from your post is you want WF MD and TJ all replaced right now.
Using big words is not a personal attack

User avatar
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by Johnny Mac »

wavedom wrote:So no one has any news on the scrimmage? Or did people forget that's what this thread is about. For those that want to hate on Jewett there are plenty of threads out there on that.
did you really need to ask that?
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest

windywave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 22253
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
wavedom wrote:So no one has any news on the scrimmage? Or did people forget that's what this thread is about. For those that want to hate on Jewett there are plenty of threads out there on that.
did you really need to ask that?
Golem gonna obsess about precious (Tolkien references are not personal attacks)
Using big words is not a personal attack

Poseidon
President's Circle
Posts: 3475
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by Poseidon »

The gushing is logical. We all see real potential. Sometimes we forget that people will be lining up on the other side of the football doing their damnedest to stifle that potential.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM

wavedom
Coach Level
Posts: 1939
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by wavedom »

Johnny Mac wrote:
wavedom wrote:So no one has any news on the scrimmage? Or did people forget that's what this thread is about. For those that want to hate on Jewett there are plenty of threads out there on that.
did you really need to ask that?
So your one of those that needs pink to recognize sarcasm? I mean really if you want to call out someone's post call out the two that have derailed the thread.
Here we come!

User avatar
Roller
Cornerstone
Posts: 32761
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: 30°37'40.6"N 81°27'02.4"W

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by Roller »

windywave wrote:...
Golem gonna obsess about precious (Tolkien references are not personal attacks)
It's a metaphor for a personal attack. :-)

User avatar
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6616
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Gretna, LA

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by GretnaGrn »

Roller wrote:
windywave wrote:...
Golem gonna obsess about precious (Tolkien references are not personal attacks)
It's a metaphor for a personal attack. :-)
And golem isn't a Tolkien reference. Gollum is, but a golem is something else entirely.... :wink:

windywave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 22253
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by windywave »

GretnaGrn wrote:
Roller wrote:
windywave wrote:...
Golem gonna obsess about precious (Tolkien references are not personal attacks)
It's a metaphor for a personal attack. :-)
And golem isn't a Tolkien reference. Gollum is, but a golem is something else entirely.... :wink:
:oops:

Either way Jewish monsters and/ Tolkien references are not personal attacks.
Using big words is not a personal attack

windywave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 22253
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by windywave »

Roller wrote:
windywave wrote:...
Golem gonna obsess about precious (Tolkien references are not personal attacks)
It's a metaphor for a personal attack. :-)
Don't go using big words
Using big words is not a personal attack

tjtlja
President's Circle
Posts: 4229
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by tjtlja »

You like to start doody. Where is NolaDave when you need him.

windywave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 22253
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by windywave »

tjtlja wrote:You like to start doody. Where is NolaDave when you need him.
What did I start? I boxed you in with your own words. Anything other than that is just conjecture (using big words is not a personal attack) on your part.
Using big words is not a personal attack

User avatar
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle
Posts: 20886
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Location: New Orleans

Re: 8/7 pm scrimmage....assume we will not get scoop...

Post by GreenieBacker »

look we've told you guys that we're tired of the bickering. Which started in this case, when topics that had noting to do with the discussion were brought up. Again. Please stop, if it continues I'll just start deleting posts or simply lock the topic if we have nothing else to discuss. Thanks.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.

Locked