Tulane picks up QB transfer from USM

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane picks up QB transfer from USM

Post by GreenieBacker »

Abraham had the skill set and the smarts to succeed in a drop back/Pro Style Offense, unfortunately Frtz's Offense really depends on a QB who can run. I think both QB's made intelligent decisions regarding where they would succeed best.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
USM3613
Senior

Post by USM3613 »

Poseidon wrote:
fearthewave wrote:He's enrolled and have confirmed he will participate in fall practice.

Another take: I'd probably rate this higher than some folks (maybe like a B+). I think, first and foremost, it helps to fix our QB depth chart issue in the immediate future.

In terms of the player, I've been reading the USM coverage today and a) seems like they definitely wanted him to stay (their OC said he was surprised but understood) and b) his core issue with fumbling hopefully fits right in Fritz's wheelhouse as a turnover magician.
So i originally said C+ because we were getting a backup and also lost his starting position fora reason. After watching a couple of USM games from last year I think the ability is there. So I will give it a B now.

Anyway here are of a couple of games.
USM - UTSA https://www.facebook.com/StadiumCollege ... 200423029/

USM- LA Tech highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=513B0QGwnDA

Yes, pretty much everybody wanted him to stay, but he wasn't willing to switch positions. He is a very athletic guy.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

I have absolutely no memory of USM playing FSU in a bowl. Wouldn't have guessed that for a million bucks.
sprout1550
Coach Level

Post by sprout1550 »

CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

That is of no consequence to us at Tulane.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Anyone else find it amusing Jack Abraham chose La Tech even though he's premed biology major?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
sprout1550
Coach Level

Post by sprout1550 »

I think it's amusing and I'm glad it happened after Howard decided to transfer, so I posted it. Sue me.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

sprout1550 wrote:I think it's amusing and I'm glad it happened after Howard decided to transfer, so I posted it. Sue me.
I just wish it hadn’t been a blind link. While I waited for the connection I imagined what he tweeted when he was 15 that meant his life is basically over.
Victory is never permanent
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

OGSB wrote:
sprout1550 wrote:I think it's amusing and I'm glad it happened after Howard decided to transfer, so I posted it. Sue me.
I just wish it hadn’t been a blind link. While I waited for the connection I imagined what he tweeted when he was 15 that meant his life is basically over.
Link worked fine for me
#cousins don't count
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Link worked fine for me
I didn’t say bad link. Blind. No idea what was on the other side.
Victory is never permanent
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

OGSB wrote:
windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Link worked fine for me
I didn’t say bad link. Blind. No idea what was on the other side.
Well it was bad news for someone
#cousins don't count