Fall Baseball Roster

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Fall Baseball Roster

Unread post by Tulane49 »

https://tulanegreenwave.com/roster.aspx ... h=baseball

None of the incoming players listed
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Re: Fall Baseball Roster

Unread post by tjtlja »

A lot of good players with experience coming back. Should be some very good competition in the fall when you add the newcomers.
Tulane49
Navigator Level

tjtlja wrote:A lot of good players with experience coming back. Should be some very good competition in the fall when you add the newcomers.
First freshman added
Spencer Oliver RHP
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Jake Revere had TJ surgery
Out for the year
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Wish he would post the full roster all at one time. Same as last year. Really don’t understand it or maybe I do.

Tulane49, thanks for the updates.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

I can’t think of any good reason why only one incoming freshman would be added to the roster. The kids are enrolled and currently attending classes and practicing. What gives?
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

visualmagic wrote:I can’t think of any good reason why only one incoming freshman would be added to the roster. The kids are enrolled and currently attending classes and practicing. What gives?
The person adding the freshmen to the roster has better things to do than make sure you are instantly gratified?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
CT Wave
Coach Level

Unread post by CT Wave »

visualmagic wrote:I can’t think of any good reason why only one incoming freshman would be added to the roster. The kids are enrolled and currently attending classes and practicing. What gives?
Just adding to your misery.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Tulane49 wrote:Jake Revere had TJ surgery
Out for the year
TJ Surgery on Tulane's nickel - guess not too much cost here except materials and surgical nurses.
visualmagic
President's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
The person adding the freshmen to the roster has better things to do than make sure you are instantly gratified?
Better things to do than their job? Ok.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

visualmagic wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
If you think there's someone whose only job is to update the roster, then OK to you, sir.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
visualmagic
President's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
If you think there's someone whose only job is to update the roster, then OK to you, sir.
Who said that?
noladave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by noladave »

In case you didn’t know, we lost our Baseball SID to Oklahoma, and as of 2-3 weeks ago, the job hadn’t even been posted.

My guess is that they have a grad student working on it part time, and will update everything once the Baseball SID is hired.
maddog
President's Circle

Unread post by maddog »

Not that it matters to those with the urge to whine incessantly, but Tulane's previous baseball SID Eric Hollier now works at Oklahoma. Not sure he has been replaced.
visualmagic
President's Circle

noladave wrote:In case you didn’t know, we lost our Baseball SID to Oklahoma, and as of 2-3 weeks ago, the job hadn’t even been posted.

My guess is that they have a grad student working on it part time, and will update everything once the Baseball SID is hired.
Did not know, thanks for clearing that up.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Send me the list. I will do it for free and have it uploaded by midnight.
visualmagic
President's Circle

maddog wrote:Not that it matters to those with the urge to whine incessantly, but Tulane's previous baseball SID Eric Hollier now works at Oklahoma. Not sure he has been replaced.
I’ll stop whining when Jewett starts producing some wins, how about that?
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

noladave wrote:In case you didn’t know, we lost our Baseball SID to Oklahoma, and as of 2-3 weeks ago, the job hadn’t even been posted.

Is also add that whoever is doing it is likely also spending a lot of time on football.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by BACONWAVE »

maddog wrote:Not that it matters to those with the urge to whine incessantly, but Tulane's previous baseball SID Eric Hollier now works at Oklahoma. Not sure he has been replaced.

It amazes me also... One who posts in another topic about how many runs we will score this year but then bashes why freshman aren't listed yet....& another who last had a positive thought/comment when Nixon was president.
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
visualmagic
President's Circle

I had a lot of positive thoughts during the Pierce regime...
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Hitting and scoring runs is exclusive of listing your entire roster on your official site. Just gives you the feel of small time. Your program should strive for excellence in everything it does. This isn’t whining, just wanting the best for our most productive program.
visualmagic
President's Circle

tjtlja wrote:Hitting and scoring runs is exclusive of listing your entire roster on your official site. Just gives you the feel of small time. Your program should strive for excellence in everything it does. This isn’t whining, just wanting the best for our most productive program.
LSU has their updated roster on their official site already
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by BACONWAVE »

He has already said in the past that this is not a priority & has many moving parts especially with freshman. This has been discussed before... like last year. I can give three diddly poos about what lswho does. I am also sure it will probably change before the season. They don't have to wait for financial aide crap, scores, etc like a real university does. Unless every other school in the nation has theirs out....I don't care.

We get ya'll hate that Jewett is still breathing...can we at least wait till after Thanksgiving before kicking into full swing?
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Just curious is this more or less egregious than facial hair rules, pregame positioning pracrice and/or scrimmaging? It's hard to keep track of the magnitude of each "outrage."
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Use your own saffron simpson scale to figure it out. For you and Bacon it doesn’t measure, for others it does.

And for what it is worth, I think Jewett will have a winning season. This will be good for Tulane athletics and Jewett’s job security. I hope he succeeds.