Glen Cuiellette

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Glen Cuiellette

Unread post by WaveProf »

Week One Beat Texas-Permian Basin 26-16
Cuiellette 19-33 235 w/ 3 TDs and 2 INT. Ran nine times for -10 yards

No other QB played.

Week Two Lose to Texas State 36-20

Did not play because he was out for concussion protocol.
6th year senior Jay Cristophe went 21-40 with 315 yards 3 TD and 0 INT
Last edited by WaveProf on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
MattK
President's Circle

Re: Glen Cuiellette

Unread post by MattK »

Did he get concussed in practice or did they miss it during the previous game?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

MattK wrote:Did he get concussed in practice or did they miss it during the previous game?
After research I still have no answer. But I did find out that PB stands for Permian basin
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Week 3 Lose to Alcorn State 27-15

Glen Cuiellette started and was the only QB to see action for TSU:

24-45, 294, 2 TD, 2 INT

13 rushes for -18 yards
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

Prof, why do you still care so much? Are you going to make us follow his entire career until he finally decides to hang up his cleats?

If he left to go to the pros, that would be worth keeping track of, but he left to go to another school, After a couple of reports, we are no longer interested.
MattK
President's Circle

Unread post by MattK »

Roller wrote:Prof, why do you still care so much? Are you going to make us follow his entire career until he finally decides to hang up his cleats?

If he left to go to the pros, that would be worth keeping track of, but he left to go to another school, After a couple of reports, we are no longer interested.
Is there any harm in it being posted here in case someone does want to look at it?
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

MattK wrote:[Is there any harm in it being posted here in case someone does want to look at it?
No more harmful than if somebody started posting about every player who once on our roster and then went elsewhere. It's just a lot more stuff for the Mods to "moderate." It's not really informative to the forum, any more than reports on my neighborhood association meetings would be.

It isn't about "harm." It's more about unnecessary fluff.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

I think given the quarterback exodus It’s relevant. And I say that is someone who doesn’t blame the current regime at all for the exodus. It’s easy to ignore if you don’t care. And there really shouldn’t be any argument about simple stats, thus no need to moderate. If somebody takes this kind of topic and makes it something that needs moderation, then that says a lot about the person doing such And is probably part of a larger pattern of disruption on the board
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Prof, keep posting the stats. I like them and hope Glen does well. Like you said, it is also relevant. And beats the hell out of helmet decals and uniform colors. First and foremost, this is sports board.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

tjtlja wrote:Prof, keep posting the stats. I like them and hope Glen does well. Like you said, it is also relevant. And beats the hell out of helmet decals and uniform colors. First and foremost, this is sports board.
Yes, I find it surprising that information about a former Tulane player is so unusual for a board about former Tulane players, And I’m hard-pressed to think of an opponents message board that wouldnt at least somewhat keep up with recent quarterback transfers....

It isn’t something I make a point of doing every week, but I’m interested enough that I look it up from time to time, and when I do I post it here because it’s clear there are at least some other people interested. And if you aren’t interested it’s so amazingly easy to not click when the subject line makes it clear who it’s about.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Agree. Must we argue about everything? (Obviously we need to argue about juju threads)
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Roller wrote:
MattK wrote:[Is there any harm in it being posted here in case someone does want to look at it?
No more harmful than if somebody started posting about every player who once on our roster and then went elsewhere. It's just a lot more stuff for the Mods to "moderate." It's not really informative to the forum, any more than reports on my neighborhood association meetings would be.

It isn't about "harm." It's more about unnecessary fluff.
Look on the bright side, at least they aren't blind links
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

gerryb323 wrote:Agree. Must we argue about everything? (Obviously we need to argue about juju threads)
Only 1 person is arguing on those.
Victory is never permanent
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

OGSB wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:Agree. Must we argue about everything? (Obviously we need to argue about juju threads)
Only 1 person is arguing on those.
The board has never seen such near-unanimity before. Even Dickson had his supporters.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Week Four 70-14 loss vs Houston
14-35 157 0TD 0INT, 4 rushes for 11 yards

Backup QB 5-8 121 1TD 0INT

Week Five---Bye

Week Six 42-12 loss vs Alabama A&M
21-46 222 2TD 2INT, 8 rushes for 20 yards

no other QB played
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Week 7 34-21 loss to Grambling

Cuillette 7-12, 104 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 4 rushes for -28 yards

Two backup QB's played:
Williams 6-12 78 1 TD 1INT
Cristophe 5-11 130 1TD 0INT

Sounds like the plan was to use all 3, and the coach came away most impressed with Williams, said "we've found the future of QB at Texas State". Starter for this Saturday's game vs Southern is TBA. Apparently they are weighing if they want to start Cuiellette and keep Williams in a backup role, use him in 4 or less games, and preserve eligibility OR go ahead and make Williams the starter