Tulane at Ohio State

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane at Ohio State

Post by windywave »

olivengreen wrote:
windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:I don't think you can rationally say we have a "joke of a schedule". We play in a solid conference and have had a couple of solid OOC games this year. Our performance has been joke-like but it's not like we are playing 2013's watered don CUSA schedule either.
Bruh......

Wake Forest....
Nicholls.....
UAB....

Not exactly
Clemson
LSU
ALABAMA/AUBURN.

Yeah that is a joke as in we shouldn't be happy after beat gosh darn Nicholls.... maybe next year we can schedule Lamar, finlandia, east Jefferson and maybe Arkansas pinebluff for homecoming.......
And fondle Rummel's and Metairie's coach's while we're at it?
Hey what ever makes you happy. I know you "tough guy midwestern" dudes are into so crazy stuff lol.
Since you refuse to answer any of my points I'll take that as capitulation
Ok... what are your points again... I dont have crayons to answer you but I'll do my best.
Coloring inside the lines is sufficient.

What is "this" and how should WF solve it?
The easiest answer without breaking forum rules is to shake up the staff.

We kept hearing that CWF adjusts to his personal..... have you seen that?

The OOC schedule is a joke minus Ohio state and the fact that Tulane was 1-2 going into this game is sad.

You hear the same excuses pretty much week after week....

The local coaching thing is a real thing.... more than your infatuation with midwestern linemen.
You avoided the question entirely
You did "this".... by "this" I take it as the team... if you are to dumb go understand that I'm sorry. I'll gladly hve conversation with you in person if you would like. I can bring your favorite crayon color so I can write it down for you.
You said HS coaches don't like WF and he needs ro fix this. Please atrach a noun or adjective to this so I know WTF you're talking about
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

olivengreen wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:I don't think you can rationally say we have a "joke of a schedule". We play in a solid conference and have had a couple of solid OOC games this year. Our performance has been joke-like but it's not like we are playing 2013's watered don CUSA schedule either.
Bruh......

Wake Forest....
Nicholls.....
UAB....

Not exactly
Clemson
LSU
ALABAMA/AUBURN.

Yeah that is a joke as in we shouldn't be happy after beat gosh darn Nicholls.... maybe next year we can schedule Lamar, finlandia, east Jefferson and maybe Arkansas pinebluff for homecoming.......
Bruh, 2 bowl teams and a national title contender? Sure we played an FCS, but so does everyone else. And we haven't even got to conference play yet, in a conference that's been reliably solid year in and year out. We aren't playing well. Nobody here is happy with our performance. We should be 2-1 or at least 3-0. But you can't reasonably our schedule is a joke.
Take out Ohio state and the non conference is a joke. UAB didn't have a team what 3 years ago? Wake forest isn't winning the ACC. If you think this OOC (minus Ohio state) is something difficult then man...... you are definitely a 'trophy for all' type of person.
And you continue to get more and more ridiculous. You said the schedule is a joke. I pointed out our conference is not a joke, but I guess your problem is the non-con schedule. Fine, you should have said that.

Take a look at what every other school in the AAC does in non-conference. They are going to schedule 1-2 P5 opponents and 2-3 "other" opponents they think they should beat. What did we do? Oh yeah, just that. If your bar for a non-joke schedule is only scheduling conference-winning P5 teams then that's completely unrealistic. There are only five of those each year and it would be murder on any team to do that. You can pi$$ and moan about UAB not having a team two years ago or Wake not being able to hang with Notre Dame or Clemson, but those teams are reasonably competitive programs.

I don't appreciate being labeled as a "trophy for all" type either. I never said the schedule was overly difficult, only that it was a solid schedule with some decent opponents. And if you paid attention, I also said I agree we should be 2-1 or 3-0 (prior to OSU). My point isn't that our schedule was soooo tough we shouldn't be upset at the performances we've seen. I am just pushing back on the notion that this schedule is a "joke" which to me indicates we are playing predominately patsies, which we aren't.
Lord.... we haven't played a conference game so why would I say anything about something out of our control?
We should not be 1-2 against the first 3 opponents of the schedule and if you feel being 1-2 is 'ok' then you are part of 'trophy for all' mentality. And this OOC schedule is a joke minus ohstate. Sorry you have a loser mentality. Just like with 'tough guy windy' I'll have a conversation with yall but I doubt you'd make it.
Wow. Just wow. Did you even read what I said? I literally said we should be 2-1 or 3-0 prior to OSU. I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT POINT. But here's the thing, you were and are wrong about our OOC strength of schedule. You know it, and now you are resorting to name-calling. I tried to have a reasonable conversation with you, but all you could do was default to calling me a loser and a "trophy for all" kind of person. Guess the only "joke" here is on me.
olivengreen
Navigator Level

Post by olivengreen »

olivengreen wrote:
windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
Bruh......

Wake Forest....
Nicholls.....
UAB....

Not exactly
Clemson
LSU
ALABAMA/AUBURN.

Hey what ever makes you happy. I know you "tough guy midwestern" dudes are into so crazy stuff lol.
Since you refuse to answer any of my points I'll take that as capitulation[/quote]

Ok... what are your points again... I dont have crayons to answer you but I'll do my best.[/quote]

What is "this" and how should WF solve it?[/quote]

The OOC schedule is a joke minus Ohio state and the fact that Tulane was 1-2 going into this game is sad.

The local coaching thing is a real thing.... more than your infatuation with midwestern linemen.[/quote]

You avoided the question entirely[/quote]

You did "this".... by "this" I take it as the team... if you are to dumb go understand that I'm sorry. I'll gladly hve conversation with you in person if you would like. I can bring your favorite crayon color so I can write it down for you.[/quote]

You said HS coaches don't like WF and he needs ro fix this. Please atrach a noun or adjective to this so I know WTF you're talking about[/quote]

The biggest is to act like you want to recruit at local schools. He comes off as being 'bothered' by being at the school/s(a school that has division 1 talent and students at bigger programs than Tulane). Like someone earlier mentioned Saban isnt 'liked' but I bet your ass he is respected by local coaches.

The assistant coaches he sends aren't exactly 'in tuned' with local coaches. The coach/es I know have nothing to gain by telling me what they tell me. They want their players playing at ANY school that will offer them an opportunity to play and get an education. I'm sure you windy have a great idea about what's going on in local high schools lol but you know..... midwest linemen.

How about this.... give me some questions (I'm being serious) and I'll ask the coach I work with... we actually have a player or two on the team..... is that fair enough big guy?
Proud member of the Greenbackers!!!!!
olivengreen
Navigator Level

Post by olivengreen »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
Bruh......

Wake Forest....
Nicholls.....
UAB....

Not exactly
Clemson
LSU
ALABAMA/AUBURN.

Bruh, 2 bowl teams and a national title contender? Sure we played an FCS, but so does everyone else. And we haven't even got to conference play yet, in a conference that's been reliably solid year in and year out. We aren't playing well. Nobody here is happy with our performance. We should be 2-1 or at least 3-0. But you can't reasonably our schedule is a joke.
Take out Ohio state and the non conference is a joke. UAB didn't have a team what 3 years ago? Wake forest isn't winning the ACC. If you think this OOC (minus Ohio state) is something difficult then man...... you are definitely a 'trophy for all' type of person.
And you continue to get more and more ridiculous. You said the schedule is a joke. I pointed out our conference is not a joke, but I guess your problem is the non-con schedule. Fine, you should have said that.

Take a look at what every other school in the AAC does in non-conference. They are going to schedule 1-2 P5 opponents and 2-3 "other" opponents they think they should beat. What did we do? Oh yeah, just that. If your bar for a non-joke schedule is only scheduling conference-winning P5 teams then that's completely unrealistic. There are only five of those each year and it would be murder on any team to do that. You can pi$$ and moan about UAB not having a team two years ago or Wake not being able to hang with Notre Dame or Clemson, but those teams are reasonably competitive programs.

I don't appreciate being labeled as a "trophy for all" type either. I never said the schedule was overly difficult, only that it was a solid schedule with some decent opponents. And if you paid attention, I also said I agree we should be 2-1 or 3-0 (prior to OSU). My point isn't that our schedule was soooo tough we shouldn't be upset at the performances we've seen. I am just pushing back on the notion that this schedule is a "joke" which to me indicates we are playing predominately patsies, which we aren't.
Lord.... we haven't played a conference game so why would I say anything about something out of our control?
We should not be 1-2 against the first 3 opponents of the schedule and if you feel being 1-2 is 'ok' then you are part of 'trophy for all' mentality. And this OOC schedule is a joke minus ohstate. Sorry you have a loser mentality. Just like with 'tough guy windy' I'll have a conversation with yall but I doubt you'd make it.
Wow. Just wow. Did you even read what I said? I literally said we should be 2-1 or 3-0 prior to OSU. I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT POINT. But here's the thing, you were and are wrong about our OOC strength of schedule. You know it, and now you are resorting to name-calling. I tried to have a reasonable conversation with you, but all you could do was default to calling me a loser and a "trophy for all" kind of person. Guess the only "joke" here is on me.
You said I cant call our OOC a joke. Besides OSU it is a joke.... you called yourself a joke.... I just happen to agree.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

olivengreen wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
Bruh......

Wake Forest....
Nicholls.....
UAB....

Not exactly
Clemson
LSU
ALABAMA/AUBURN.

Ok... what are your points again... I dont have crayons to answer you but I'll do my best.[/quote]

What is "this" and how should WF solve it?[/quote]

The local coaching thing is a real thing.... more than your infatuation with midwestern linemen.[/quote]

You avoided the question entirely[/quote]

You did "this".... by "this" I take it as the team... if you are to dumb go understand that I'm sorry. I'll gladly hve conversation with you in person if you would like. I can bring your favorite crayon color so I can write it down for you.[/quote]

You said HS coaches don't like WF and he needs ro fix this. Please atrach a noun or adjective to this so I know WTF you're talking about[/quote]

The biggest is to act like you want to recruit at local schools. He comes off as being 'bothered' by being at the school/s(a school that has division 1 talent and students at bigger programs than Tulane). Like someone earlier mentioned Saban isnt 'liked' but I bet your ass he is respected by local coaches.

The assistant coaches he sends aren't exactly 'in tuned' with local coaches. The coach/es I know have nothing to gain by telling me what they tell me. They want their players playing at ANY school that will offer them an opportunity to play and get an education. I'm sure you windy have a great idea about what's going on in local high schools lol but you know..... midwest linemen.

How about this.... give me some questions (I'm being serious) and I'll ask the coach I work with... we actually have a player or two on the team..... is that fair enough big guy?[/quote]

Based on your statement WF attitude shouldn't be a hindrance since they want their kid going anywhere.

Define "in tuned" please.

Serious question:

If offered why wouldn't your kid come to Tulane over anyplace else?
#cousins don't count
olivengreen
Navigator Level

Post by olivengreen »

windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
Bruh......

Wake Forest....
Nicholls.....
UAB....

Not exactly
Clemson
LSU
ALABAMA/AUBURN.

You did "this".... by "this" I take it as the team... if you are to dumb go understand that I'm sorry. I'll gladly hve conversation with you in person if you would like. I can bring your favorite crayon color so I can write it down for you.

How about this.... give me some questions (I'm being serious) and I'll ask the coach I work with... we actually have a player or two on the team..... is that fair enough big guy?[/quote]

Based on your statement WF attitude shouldn't be a hindrance since they want their kid going anywhere.

Define "in tuned" please.

Serious question:

If offered why wouldn't your kid come to Tulane over anyplace else?[/quote]

In tuned..... we could really use a David Johnson on the team.... does that help? (I'm actually trying to not be ignorant..... keeping him would have helped big time).

If the local coaches don't feel comfortable with a coaching staff they may not feel comfortable sending one of their kids to that staff........... like are you understanding this? See David Johnson....... we have no David Johnson on the staff...... if I have to explain anymore than this I can't help you.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

So feeling comfortable trumps a degree from a top 50 university. Again how are they not derelict if we offer?
#cousins don't count
olivengreen
Navigator Level

Post by olivengreen »

windywave wrote:So feeling comfortable trumps a degree from a top 50 university. Again how are they not derelict if we offer?
You do realize kids will go to colleges because the uniforms are cool?

You are that dumb.... copy that.
olivengreen
Navigator Level

Post by olivengreen »

olivengreen wrote:
windywave wrote:So feeling comfortable trumps a degree from a top 50 university. Again how are they not derelict if we offer?

And before you start your wanna be tough guy Chicago stuff I will tell you all this to your face if you ever make it to a game lol.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

olivengreen wrote:

That is what one would hope a coach who has a scintilla of intelligence and honor would attempt ro head off without regard foe whether they like the coach or not. Also how is that material to a conversation about coaches like WF or not.
#cousins don't count
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Wow. I come here to see how the game went, and all I get are pages and pages of trashing Tulane and the coaches, and pages of trashing the people trashing the team.

To borrow from Stephen Decatur: My team. May they always win, but win or lose, MY TEAM.

It is what it is, and all the teeth gnashing and insult slinging in the world won't fix it. And I venture that there is not a person on this board who is in a position to fix what's wrong. If you can't fix it, then it's stupid to gripe about it.

End of story. Now, I'll have to go looking to find out how bad the final tally was, and how McMillan looked.