Unintended Consequences

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Re: Unintended Consequences

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Poseidon wrote:
WaveProf wrote:From ESPN: "How Coaches are Prepping for When, not If, QB's Transfer"

http://www.espn.com/college-football/in ... -transfers
If I was a 4 or 5 star and I wanted to play earlier I would consider a mid to lower level FBS school were I could play immediately and not be trumped one year later by the staff's next shiny new toy. As far as the draft goes its pretty proven that there is little to no reason to go to a top 10 school to raise your value. I think there is a stat about the Big 10 not having a QB drafted in the first round since Kerry Collins or something like that. Like 20 years. Look at Oliver from Houston. He is the perfect example how to go to a mid level program. The main reason I think they are going is they are being paid. It isn't about winning championships because if that was the case they wouldn't transfer.
I won't speak to the rest of this but I couldn't believe the stat about Big Ten QBs in the first round. Sure enough, the last Big Ten QB taken in the first round was Kerry Collins in 1995. Wow. That rivals Nebraska not having a QB taken in the draft at all between Vince Ferragamo in 1977 and the infamous Tanner Lee last year.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Clemson is screwed
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

gerryb323 wrote:I can't help but think a coach is going to get burned by this (i.e. Lawrence gets hurt and Clemson doesn't have Bryant to fall back on) and it will be no more Mr. Nice Coaches.
Or you lose to Syracuse
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:I can't help but think a coach is going to get burned by this (i.e. Lawrence gets hurt and Clemson doesn't have Bryant to fall back on) and it will be no more Mr. Nice Coaches.
Or you lose to Syracuse

Not quite the 3rs string guy just marched 94 yards to put Clemson ahead
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

ACC refs just frick 'cuse... game over
#cousins don't count
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Post by Cheerleader »

Lawrence did get hurt today at Clemson and the third team qb had to play the 2nd half...did pretty well, especially on the last drive to win the game. Don't know if Bryant may change his mind.