Good vibrations for game 6 - Cincinnati

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Good vibrations for game 6 - Cincinnati

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Well, we got out of the gate 1-0 in conference. And it was our best game so far in 2018. But that one was at home. This one is on the road @ Nippert Stadium in Cincy. Not an easy chore, but the game vs Memphis had to have given the Wave some confidence as they move forward to the the halfway mark of the season. So lets give the Wave some good vibes for their 2nd trek into Ohio in the last couple of weeks. Oh, and BTW, I like the new lids. :thumbsup:

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Good vibrations for game 6 - Cincinnati

Post by windywave »

Two and four it is then
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Johnny4
Navigator Level

Post by Johnny4 »

speckled trout
Navigator Level

Post by speckled trout »

Skyline Chili sucks

That is all
"You are unique, just like everyone else"
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

speckled trout wrote:Skyline Chili sucks

That is all
You are in the minority. That is all.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Pete, Are you going with the Tulane tribe or the work tribe? Being 5-0 and the stadium being renovated, I expect UC will have a fun atmosphere and a good crowd (until hopefully about the end of the 3rdQ.)
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Skyline is not chili.

That is all.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I'm going to the Tulane tailgate and sitting with Tulane. You needn't even ask. :mrgreen:

It will be interesting to see how the crowd is. While Cincinnati has terrible football support, they do show up when they are winning... And by winning, I mean undefeated deep-ish into the season. So they're getting there.. But more than that, a lot of Cincinnati grads stay in town, and it's their homecoming, so they might get a good crowd. I was on campus this morning and spoke with several recent grads, one a former (male) cheerleader who is a supporter and made the trip to UCLA, and the other a former WBB player. She said she'd likely tailgate but not attend the game. He'll be at the game but lamented that her mindset (there for the party, don't bother with the game) is prevalent. Their opinion on that whole topic is that it's less expensive to drink outside the stadium (byo), and these days folks literally set up a 70" TV with a satellite dish at the tailgate, so you miss nothing except the ambiance.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

PeteRasche wrote:I'm going to the Tulane tailgate and sitting with Tulane. You needn't even ask. :mrgreen:

It will be interesting to see how the crowd is. While Cincinnati has terrible football support, they do show up when they are winning... And by winning, I mean undefeated deep-ish into the season. So they're getting there.. But more than that, a lot of Cincinnati grads stay in town, and it's their homecoming, so they might get a good crowd. I was on campus this morning and spoke with several recent grads, one a former (male) cheerleader who is a supporter and made the trip to UCLA, and the other a former WBB player. She said she'd likely tailgate but not attend the game. He'll be at the game but lamented that her mindset (there for the party, don't bother with the game) is prevalent. Their opinion on that whole topic is that it's less expensive to drink outside the stadium (byo), and these days folks literally set up a 70" TV with a satellite dish at the tailgate, so you miss nothing except the ambiance.
This is a great post Pete. It shows that "Too much is never enough" is anything but the truth. To me it demonstrates that if you have less of something than that something is worth more. When there were less college games on TV on a Saturday afternoon, then you anticipated those few games and enjoyed them more. In those days you actually looked forward to listening to the game on the radio. :roll: And with the social media outbreak of the 21st century anyone who was born after 1999 is so less interested in the things going around them than they are interested solely in "me". Thanks Mark...NOT.

Anyway, Wave football has the opportunity to generate more interest than what has been present since the 1998 Liberty Bowl team took it's last snap that year.

I believe that Tulane football has the chance to show it's fans, and the rest of the nation, that it is not the "same old, same old" Tulane that folks have grown to know from pretty much the time they were born. The opportunity is right at hand on Saturday in Ohio, and, hopefuly, the rest of '18.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Baywave1 wrote:Pete, Are you going with the Tulane tribe or the work tribe? Being 5-0 and the stadium being renovated, I expect UC will have a fun atmosphere and a good crowd (until hopefully about the end of the 3rdQ.)
I’m hoping by halftime the crowd has gone back to homecoming celebrations.

And, I hope our homecoming game isn’t 11am.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

That is all

You are in the lunatic fringe.

That is all.

:mrgreen:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

WaveProf wrote:

That is all

You are in the lunatic fringe.

That is all.

:mrgreen:
Ron White summed it up about Skyline Chili... "I could get a Mexican kid to make better chili with just a goat and an onion.. of course he'd need a lift back to Mexico after using the goat for the chili.. but that's beside the point"
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

I've both had and made goat chili. It's good. It's better than skyline. It isn't better than a well executed five way.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

WaveProf wrote:I've both had and made goat chili. It's good. It's better than skyline. ...
That's for the Navy game.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

I apologize for not hexing the good vibrations juju with a bucket of chicken this week. I blame myself for the loss. Where was the cinnamon?
Chicken and cinnamon: 1-0
Juju/Vibrations: 0-forever
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

gerryb323 wrote:I apologize for not hexing the good vibrations juju with a bucket of chicken this week. I blame myself for the loss. Where was the cinnamon?
There is no scientific proof that Bearcats hate cinnamon like tigers do
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:I apologize for not hexing the good vibrations juju with a bucket of chicken this week. I blame myself for the loss. Where was the cinnamon?
There is no scientific proof that Bearcats hate cinnamon like tigers do
Could it have hurt? Stick with what's working, man!
I wore a satchel last week, but not this week. That probably made a difference too!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone