Cincinnati 37 Tulane 21

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Cincinnati 37 Tulane 21

Unread post by OGSB »

2-4, 1-1
Victory is never permanent
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Re: Cincinnati 37 Tulane 21

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

fortunate bye week timing
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

266 yards of offense vs 446.

McMillan 11-26 130 yards. Banks 1-5 2 yards
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Great O with banks against Memphis Productive O for a quarter with Banks today. Then we decide to play QB audditions in the middle of a winnable game. Good grief

Banks hasn’t been great, I’m open to either QB. But this was stupid timing. Let Banks go today unless it turned bad. Then take the 2 week break before a bad SMU (if you really wanted to switch qbs) Act like you have a plan
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
CT Wave
Coach Level

Unread post by CT Wave »

Too many drops by our skill players.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
olivengreen
Navigator Level

Unread post by olivengreen »

OGSB wrote:266 yards of offense vs 446.

Was only able to listen/watch some of the game..... sounds like the offensive line wasn't real reliable.
Proud member of the Greenbackers!!!!!
Wave Revival
Navigator Level

Unread post by Wave Revival »

Too many mistakes to give yourself a chance to win on the road. Defense failed to come up big the way they did vs Memphis. Rotating QBs never works. I want to see McMillan as the full time QB for the second half of the season.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Wave Revival wrote:Too many mistakes to give yourself a chance to win.
This
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

Wave Revival wrote:Too many mistakes to give yourself a chance to win on the road. Defense failed to come up big the way they did vs Memphis. Rotating QBs never works. I want to see McMillan as the full time QB for the second half of the season.
I thought the defense played well enough to win, but the offense had too many slips, too many drops, too many penalties, and too many over-throws. We were not dominated. Should have won.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Roller wrote:
Wave Revival wrote:Too many mistakes to give yourself a chance to win on the road. Defense failed to come up big the way they did vs Memphis. Rotating QBs never works. I want to see McMillan as the full time QB for the second half of the season.
I thought the defense played well enough to win, but the offense had too many slips, too many drops, too many penalties, and too many over-throws. We were not dominated. Should have won.
Don't know about should have won, but should have made it a one score game either way.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

windywave wrote:
Roller wrote:
Don't know about should have won, but should have made it a one score game either way.
File under “coulda”.
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Man in Green »

If our skill players could catch the ball more consistently we would have been close. Only Moody seems capable of making a contested catch.

Here is an idea for our OC - how about throwing the ball to our RB's a couple times a game.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
wave-em in
President's Circle

Unread post by wave-em in »

WF in the postgame interview was brutal. He seems lost and over his head for a 3rd year HC.

"Playing McM might have been a mistake."
speckled trout
Navigator Level

Unread post by speckled trout »

The defense came up with turnover after turnover in the second half but we were so inept offensively that we could never get back in the game. I felt like when we fell behind we panicked on offense and gave up on whatever game plan we had.
"You are unique, just like everyone else"
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Unread post by Wandering Quaker »

Disappointing, if not surprising. Cincy was an average team, and it's just not good enough to lose to 2+ scores (yes, technically two scores, but having to make two-pint conversions adds some separation) to average teams just isn't good enough. Beating up teams that mail it in (Tulsa 2017, Memphis 2018) isn't sufficient for success. This team underperformed in lots of areas today. No need to single anyone out to make that point. This is a recurring theme, though.

It might be that the high water mark of the Fritz chapter in Tulane football occurred at Dallas last year. That's a sad thought. At least, I'm young enough to retain the irrational hope that I'll see a successful program at Tulane before I die. I figure with a little luck, I'll be around another thirty years or so.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

Unlike years past, we looked competent and didn't give up. However, we are sloppy and the Offense is just not consistent. I just don't like the play calling. I really don't understand playing McMillan so much, unless Banks is really hurt and limited. McMillan made a couple of throws, but by-and-large was off the mark when it counted. Why we don't throw the ball to RBs in space or throw slants inside is beyond me. Every pass was to the outside and 10+ yards downfield; does Ruse understand what a high percentage pass is?

If this defense had an offense that was as capable, this team would go places. As it is, we are a muddle offensively.
Plan your work, work your plan.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

wave-em in wrote:WF in the postgame interview was brutal. He seems lost and over his head for a 3rd year HC.

He said that?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

wave-em in wrote:
Ya think? :smartass:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

olivengreen wrote:
OGSB wrote:266 yards of offense vs 446.

Was only able to listen/watch some of the game..... sounds like the offensive line wasn't real reliable.
That’s what Graff seemed to think. At one point he said it didn’t matter who was in at QB with the way the line was getting beat.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

WaveProf wrote:Great O with banks against Memphis Productive O for a quarter with Banks today.
what fcking game were you watching? In Banks 3 drives we had 54 yards of offense on 1/5 passing.. and 15 of those 54 were from face mask call

thanks for playing but you can go now
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

Just give me one QB who can make an option pitch. I don't care which. Banks tries to force things too much.
Plan your work, work your plan.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Johnny, we were ahead 7-3. Don't rock the boat till it rocks itself
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

WaveProf wrote:Johnny, we were ahead 7-3. Don't rock the boat till it rocks itself
We were ahead 7-3 BECAUSE of McMillan
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Because of a pre-planned (according to the announcers) single drive by McMillan.

EIther way, this was not the point to start auditioning
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

In an alternate universe somewhere there’s fans complaining we put McMillan in for a series, score then pull him.