Mods: Should we remove this from our repertoire?

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Mods: Should we remove this from our repertoire?

Post by WaveProf »

windywave wrote:
Please explain how it was not an American accomplishment comrade.
I never said it was not an American accomplishment. Learn to read.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

WaveProf wrote:
windywave wrote:
Please explain how it was not an American accomplishment comrade.
I never said it was not an American accomplishment. Learn to read.
Then explain how it was a world accomplishment
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

windywave wrote: Then explain how it was a world accomplishment
Back on ignore, where you belong.

Be gone troll, be gone.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

WaveProf wrote:
windywave wrote: Then explain how it was a world accomplishment
Back on ignore, where you belong.

Be gone troll, be gone.
So the answer is you're unable to defend your own statement and because I called you out I'm a troll? Fine continue living in your echo chamber
#cousins don't count
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

It isn't an echo chamber, and I was pretty clear about what I meant the first time. It isn't worth discussing it with you, not because this topic isn't worth discussing with someone who thinks like you, but because almost nothing is worth discussing with you. It isn't about the topic, it's about you. But you already knew that. I was a happier person when I didn't read your drivel. I'm going back to those days.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

WaveProf wrote:It isn't an echo chamber, and I was pretty clear about what I meant the first time. It isn't worth discussing it with you, not because this topic isn't worth discussing with someone who thinks like you, but because almost nothing is worth discussing with you. It isn't about the topic, it's about you. But you already knew that. I was a happier person when I didn't read your drivel. I'm going back to those days.
It evidently was not clear. How was the US program to land astronauts on the moon a world accomplishment? If you said ISS I'd give it to you but Mercury, Gemini, Apollon Space Lab, Shuttles no chance.
#cousins don't count
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:This is worse than the juju threads
He's juju-ing the whole country now.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

gerryb323 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:When 54 first posted this, whether he intended it or not, it was destined to be locked. There was no way it was NOT going to be political.

There are a million other things to talk about, why do we have to talk about politics? Regardless of whether anyone finds any of this inflammatory or not, the whole topic can be avoided. It's just that too many people these days refuse to avoid it - or actually enjoy arguing (I mean, if people didn't enjoy arguing, 3/4 of ESPN's late afternoon programming would die out).

Best shrimp po-boy in New Orleans? Go.
Liuzza's BBQ Shrimp Po Boy
Parkway Fried Shrimp with Debris
Now I'm drooling
Let's keep the focus where it should be, people--our bellies.

Agreed on Parkway with debris, BTW. Just soooo good.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Shrimp = Guy's IMO
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

WaveProf wrote:Shrimp = Guy's IMO
Parkway and Guy's are quality 1A and 1B for fried shrimp. If I'm going no debris, Guy's is probably ahead. Parkway debris breaks the tie.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Also, Parasol's if I'm going for ambiance.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

gerryb323 wrote:Also, Parasol's if I'm going for ambiance.
As someone who walks past Parasol's, their gas cans, and their often broken sewage lines, on a nightly basis, I'll never eat there. And I say that as someone who ate street food in Jamaica and Eastern Europe, laughed at the rat videos in the quarter (and it didn't impact my eating habits at all), and scoffs at health code violations for Camelia Grill
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

WaveProf wrote:
As someone who walks past Parasol's, their gas cans, and their often broken sewage lines, on a nightly basis, I'll never eat there. And I say that as someone who ate street food in Jamaica and Eastern Europe, laughed at the rat videos in the quarter (and it didn't impact my eating habits at all), and scoffs at health code violations for Camelia Grill
I did say ambiance.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

gerryb323 wrote:
WaveProf wrote:Shrimp = Guy's IMO
Parkway and Guy's are quality 1A and 1B for fried shrimp. If I'm going no debris, Guy's is probably ahead. Parkway debris breaks the tie.
Accurate.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

Roast beef yes, shrimp not as much IMHO. And, yes, it's a dump but so what?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

I like dumps. When it comes to this type of food, I prefer dumps. My point is that I’ve seen things here that give me pause, and I’m the “it’s a dump, so what?” Guy
JtS
Regent's Circle

Post by JtS »

Poseidon wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:When 54 first posted this, whether he intended it or not, it was destined to be locked. There was no way it was NOT going to be political.

There are a million other things to talk about, why do we have to talk about politics? Regardless of whether anyone finds any of this inflammatory or not, the whole topic can be avoided. It's just that too many people these days refuse to avoid it - or actually enjoy arguing (I mean, if people didn't enjoy arguing, 3/4 of ESPN's late afternoon programming would die out).

Best shrimp po-boy in New Orleans? Go.
I agree. The problem is Politics has a way inserting itself into things that aren't initially political(ESPN reporting, NFL pre-game ceremonies). Too often the result is we just deem those things now too political and refuse to talk about them. Since we don't talk there is no understanding, it gets worse. We don't have to talk, but it's good to know where other people are as far as their principles and desires. That's called peaceful coexistence. Sure it may mean there is some tension, but its when we feel lied to or betrayed that destroys trust and respect so thoroughly. As you know, this also means we must learn the difference between a conversation and an argument.