Fritz: "Our goals are still out there for us to accomplish."

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Fritz: "Our goals are still out there for us to accomplish."

Post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Re: Fritz: "Our goals are still out there for us to accompli

Post by OGSB »

StPeteWave
Navigator Level

Post by StPeteWave »

I still believe that we have the talent to compete in this league. I like CWF's optimism and approach to the remainder of the season. However I would prefer that he upgrades the competition. We approached the Memphis game with an energy that was not seen earlier, as two TD dogs. If that was part of what motivated us to play perhaps the best game in the WF era to date, why even suggest that the remainder of the season is less of a challenge. The players have shown the toughness to go up against whomever they play. While we may look better on paper, I'm having a hard time living with the outcome of the UAB game after comments re: a lower level team. I expect us to at least break even this season but we will be in a war to do so. We could use a little Jim Pittman mentality.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

StPeteWave wrote:I still believe that we have the talent to compete in this league. I like CWF's optimism and approach to the remainder of the season. However I would prefer that he upgrades the competition. We approached the Memphis game with an energy that was not seen earlier, as two TD dogs. If that was part of what motivated us to play perhaps the best game in the WF era to date, why even suggest that the remainder of the season is less of a challenge. The players have shown the toughness to go up against whomever they play. While we may look better on paper, I'm having a hard time living with the outcome of the UAB game after comments re: a lower level team. I expect us to at least break even this season but we will be in a war to do so. We could use a little Jim Pittman mentality.
Wake Forest is worse. We scored 17 at home against a D that has been shredded since.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
speckled trout
Navigator Level

Post by speckled trout »

Last edited by speckled trout on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are unique, just like everyone else"
speckled trout
Navigator Level

Post by speckled trout »

Last edited by speckled trout on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speckled trout
Navigator Level

Post by speckled trout »

I felt like one of the main reasons Tulane lost to UAB was they thought all they had to do was show up. For the life of me, I have no idea why we would take anyone lightly. Everyone left on the schedule can beat us including Tulsa. That being said I don't feel like there is anyone left on the schedule we can't beat if we show the same effort and execute like we did against Memphis.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

speckled trout wrote:I felt like one of the main reasons Tulane lost to UAB was they thought all they had to do was show up. For the life of me, I have no idea why we would take anyone lightly. Everyone left on the schedule can beat us including Tulsa. That being said I don't feel like there is anyone left on the schedule we can't beat if we show the same effort and execute like we did against Memphis.
Whenever a team says they aren't going to overlook somebody they usually are in the process of overlooking somebody
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

Fritz is right: SMU, Tulsa, ECU and Navy - and we're likely favored in all 4 - put us in a bowl.
It's high time we do it.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

I remain disappointed that our goals are focused on merely making a bowl game. In year 3, we should be/have been aiming to win the West.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

ml wave wrote:I remain disappointed that our goals are focused on merely making a bowl game. In year 3, we should be/have been aiming to win the West.
We win 5 of 6 and only lose to USF, we could very well win the west.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Also with the elimination of the tax break why the hell even require a donation anymore? If they want 600 bucks a ticket combined between donation and face just frick charge 600 bucks and make single games 125
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Post by Wandering Quaker »

ml wave wrote:I remain disappointed that our goals are focused on merely making a bowl game. In year 3, we should be/have been aiming to win the West.
I'll cut him a little slack here, but only a little. That was last year's goal, and we didn't get there, and talking about winning a division sounds laughable right now, given that the team has managed only two decent performances. Plus, getting the bowl win is probably more important for recruiting, I'm guessing.

But yes, in Year 3, contending for a division championship should be the goal, not just limping at 6-6 into the Your Name Here Bowl.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Wandering Quaker wrote:
I'll cut him a little slack here, but only a little. That was last year's goal, and we didn't get there, and talking about winning a division sounds laughable right now, given that the team has managed only two decent performances. Plus, getting the bowl win is probably more important for recruiting, I'm guessing.

But yes, in Year 3, contending for a division championship should be the goal, not just limping at 6-6 into the Your Name Here Bowl.
I'm not saying it's realistic that we'd win it, but I'd much rather that be the goal than fricking 6-6 after 5 wins last year.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:Also with the elimination of the tax break why the hell even require a donation anymore? If they want 600 bucks a ticket combined between donation and face just frick charge 600 bucks and make single games 125
Because no one is interested in buying single game tickets to a Tulane game for 125.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:Also with the elimination of the tax break why the hell even require a donation anymore? If they want 600 bucks a ticket combined between donation and face just frick charge 600 bucks and make single games 125
Because no one is interested in buying single game tickets to a Tulane game for 125.
His point is that is essentially what season ticket holders are paying for them now that donation is on a per ticket basis and there is not donation perk or tax deduction. Meanwhile drunk Memphis State U fans pays $30.00 per ticket at the ticket office(or cheaper on stubhub) for seats next to mine that game.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Poseidon wrote:
ml wave wrote:
His point is that is essentially what season ticket holders are paying for them now that donation is on a per ticket basis and there is not donation perk or tax deduction. Meanwhile drunk Memphis State U fans pays $30.00 per ticket at the ticket office(or cheaper on stubhub) for seats next to mine that game.
Sure, I get that but lower per game prices still allow for walkup/single game sales. Drunk Memphis State U fans aren't paying $125/game (wanna find a good way to enrage your conference mates? start charging them $125/ticket to play in an empty stadium...we're not exactly holding up our end of the bargain on the field/court as it is, I think we'd be swiftly Templed if we start price gouging). I agree the visitor seating proximity is an issue, personally I think more sections should require no donation and those should be the only per game seats sold.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

ml wave wrote:
Evidently an example is hard for you to comprehend. I pulled the numbers out of thin air dopey.
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Sure, I get that but lower per game prices still allow for walkup/single game sales. Drunk Memphis State U fans aren't paying $125/game (wanna find a good way to enrage your conference mates? start charging them $125/ticket to play in an empty stadium...we're not exactly holding up our end of the bargain on the field/court as it is, I think we'd be swiftly Templed if we start price gouging). I agree the visitor seating proximity is an issue, personally I think more sections should require no donation and those should be the only per game seats sold.
Then they would move to a cheaper aka non donation section. This is not that hard to comprehend
#cousins don't count
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

If we win the four games we need to win to make a bowl, then the game againt Houston will 99% determine who wins the division (us or them). So the two aren't separate. Making a bowl and competing to win the division are tied together.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Poseidon wrote:
ml wave wrote:
According to your theory you don't have the right to expect opposing fans to be kept out of your section. Tulane has to sell tickets. To heck with the season ticketholders. Just sayin'.
We deserve so much better
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

WaveProf wrote:If we win the four games we need to win to make a bowl, then the game againt Houston will 99% determine who wins the division (us or them). So the two aren't separate. Making a bowl and competing to win the division are tied together.
Kinda. We would likely have to win 5 to win the division with 2 of those being Navy and Houston. Houston hasn't lost in conference yet.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
waverider
Cornerstone