Are folks still "done"?

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
JtS
Regent's Circle

Are folks still "done"?

Post by JtS »

Not a perfect game but a win. Hell, Two Road Wins!

The pre-season goal is attainable (I am not saying "B" word).

Faith & belief are cool virtues. Even when our hearts have been perennially broken.

Let's win a Homecoming game...

:green wink:
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Re: Are folks still "done"?

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

The last phrase is the key to the season now. ECU scares the crap out of me next week, in large part because it's homecoming. A 3-game win streak sounds nice.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

JTS, great to see you posting. If we would have rode our two horses the whole season, I think we would have 6 wins right now. Nevertheless, great win and so excited for the kids. And hope you are doing well. Roll Wave!!!!
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Thread title of the year!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:The last phrase is the key to the season now. ECU scares the crap out of me next week, in large part because it's homecoming. A 3-game win streak sounds nice.
Speaking of, they lost to Memphis today 59-41. Scored a lot, gave up a lot. They’re 2-6, 0-5.
Victory is never permanent
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

So we're not dropping the program?
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

I stand by my position vis a vis Ruse. They handed us that game, we didn't win it. Their drops and turovers were the keys to victory. ToP was about equal.

I award you three points for a creative mocking thread title. If only everyone had a sense of humor.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

windywave wrote:I stand by my position vis a vis Ruse. They handed us that game, we didn't win it. Their drops and turovers were the keys to victory. ToP was about equal.

I award you three points for a creative mocking thread title. If only everyone had a sense of humor.
This wasn't about you windy. This had nothing to do with folks calling for coaches being fired, it had to do with others saying they were done with Tulane and/or we should go D3 or drop football. I know you are hoping someone will engage you about your ridiculous obsession with trying to skirt the rules about coaches a few weeks back, but can't we all just get along and enjoy the win this weekend?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

PeteRasche wrote:
windywave wrote:I stand by my position vis a vis Ruse. They handed us that game, we didn't win it. Their drops and turovers were the keys to victory. ToP was about equal.

This wasn't about you windy. This had nothing to do with folks calling for coaches being fired, it had to do with others saying they were done with Tulane and/or we should go D3 or drop football. I know you are hoping someone will engage you about your ridiculous obsession with trying to skirt the rules about coaches a few weeks back, but can't we all just get along and enjoy the win this weekend?
Well seeing how I started the thread....
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Charlie Dunn
Navigator Level

Post by Charlie Dunn »

I am pumped up after that game. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I think we are going bowling!!! Roll wave roll! Can't wait for homecoming next week.
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Post by IM42lane »

Where has THIS TEAM been all year? I will admit that I gave up, so there, fry me all over this board if you wish.

SMU just beat Houston, so that means that SMU and Tulane are one game out of first place in the division! Tulane is into November with a realistic shot at something.

A piece of advice: do NOT ever bet on college football, period.
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

windywave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

The problem is still with whomever decided Banks was worth building an offense around. Was is it WF or DR? We are fortunate that JMc fell in our laps right before the beginning of the season or we would be hosed. It's not that JMc is great, but he can execute the offense. That said the past two games doesn't erase the crap we saw for 2.5 years. The defense is the real hero this year is the defense. We were supposed to be worse than last year but we are actually better. Don't look at the yardage. Look at the number of points given up and how they have not let any games get out of grasp with the exception of those in Ohio.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

The problem is still with whomever decided Banks was worth building an offense around. Was is it WF or DR? We are fortunate that JMc fell in our laps right before the beginning of the season or we would be hosed. It's not that JMc is great, but he can execute the offense. That said the past two games doesn't erase the crap we saw for 2.5 years. The defense is the real hero this year is the defense. We were supposed to be worse than last year but we are actually better. Don't look at the yardage. Look at the number of points given up and how they have not let any games get out of grasp with the exception of those in Ohio.
Was it because JM showed up 5 days before the opener and needed time to get to know the offense and the other players?

I think the OL has shown progression which has helped. Before last week I felt more comfortable with Banks running the offense. That has obviously changed. McMillan continues to show good decision making and makes them quickly.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

IM42lane wrote:Where has THIS TEAM been all year? I will admit that I gave up, so there, fry me all over this board if you wish.

SMU just beat Houston, so that means that SMU and Tulane are one game out of first place in the division! Tulane is into November with a realistic shot at something.

A piece of advice: do NOT ever bet on college football, period.
Unfortunately IM, I have never learned that lesson. Praying Utah State covers tonight so I can play some more tomorrow.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

waverider wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Was it because JM showed up 5 days before the opener and needed time to get to know the offense and the other players?

I think the OL has shown progression which has helped. Before last week I felt more comfortable with Banks running the offense. That has obviously changed. McMillan continues to show good decision making and makes them quickly.
I think the biggest difference is our best players are touching the ball a helluva a lot more. For the second straight game, Bradwell and Dauphine have touched the ball 30+ times. These kids are studs and we should have been doing this the entire year. Defensively, we have progressed nicely. Johnson and Monroe are really nice players. Let’s hope Sample is ok.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

IM42lane wrote:A piece of advice: do NOT ever bet on college football, period.
Duke Tulane underdog moneyline parlay was a solid win today though
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Post by RI WAVE »

I stick with the Wave, because that is my passion. The big difference is recruiting D1 athletes. Fritz had to change, last year was proof.
Sample goes down and D does not fold, because of the depth and development of bigger and faster players. Fritz won with walk-ons everywhere he went previously...but realized in this league, and at Tulane, that would not work. There is no comparison to his first year when you look at 1st and 2nd Teams on O and D. But they are young -few RS players. Yes I scratch my head on many coaching decisions, but all in all, this is what we signed up for, with Fritz. We played some big lines the first half of the season with developing line play. They seem to play better now and any post season will help with reps, and reps are crucial to a young team.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

You look back at the Memphis game. You thought it was an upset at the time. Currently it looks like a game we should have won, since Memphis is below us in the AAC standings. Funny game, this football thing.

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

2 wins and we are in. Maybe Oliver will decide to sit out our game to rest for the NFL like bosa. I would

Weve already had numerous letdown games so cannot afford one now
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

UH is beatable, no doubt about it. We have momentum right now.

Tulane can win the next three or lose the next three. That's the kind of team we are this season. Mess around with penalties and we are toast. Play like we did yesterday, and we win going away. However, the only mistake this squad can make is look beyond the next opponent. There are no gimmes.

Let's hope Memphis beats SMU.
Plan your work, work your plan.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Truth be told, I never left or gave up hope. I sure was p o'ed after the late late loss to SMU though. I think any fan who has sat thru el-fold-o seasons time and again can be forgiven a touch of despair now and again. Now, how's about a 6-game winning streak to end the 2018 season.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

For all the woulda coulda shoulda games earlier, let's recognize three of Tulane losses have been to 8-1 teams (OSU, UAB and UC), each of which has reasonable shots at winning its conference.
randymc wrote:Truth be told, I never left or gave up hope. I sure was p o'ed after the late late loss to SMU though. I think any fan who has sat thru el-fold-o seasons time and again can be forgiven a touch of despair now and again. Now, how's about a 6-game winning streak to end the 2018 season.
You are not alone and Fearless Leader, JTS, expressed it best:
JtS wrote:
Faith & belief are cool virtues. Even when our hearts have been perennially broken.

Let's win a Homecoming game...

:green wink:

P.S., BTW, it's still statistically possible (albeit very much a long shot) to finish the season with a seven game win streak. But you don't get there unless you win three so let's beat ECU.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

randymc wrote:Truth be told, I never left or gave up hope. I sure was p o'ed after the late late loss to SMU though. I think any fan who has sat thru el-fold-o seasons time and again can be forgiven a touch of despair now and again. Now, how's about a 6-game winning streak to end the 2018 season.
Yup. Going to my 40th class reunion Friday. And now that I’m 2/3 done with this life before my dirt nap I know there are only so many chances to grab the brass ring. My FIL passed away 6 months before seeing his beloved Eagles win a Super Bowl and I’d rather we return to greatness before oatmeal is dribbling down my own chin. Like my signature says, I am a slow learner.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

TUPF wrote:
Yup. Going to my 40th class reunion Friday. And now that I’m 2/3 done with this life before my dirt nap I know there are only so many chances to grab the brass ring. My FIL passed away 6 months before seeing his beloved Eagles win a Super Bowl and I’d rather we return to greatness before oatmeal is dribbling down my own chin. Like my signature says, I am a slow learner.

TUPF, Not that I'm pushing you in that direction, but I thought Navy guys had water naps? Has Hollywood been deceiving me?

P.S., There always is compromise here. Nelson's body was put in a cask of brandy after he died at Trafalgar. Is that the true meaning of a grog ration?
Private Joker
Coach Level

Post by Private Joker »

I was one of those people who was "done," after that nauseating SMU loss. I also said I'd be back if Tulane won two straight. So here I am.

Very impressive to win two on the road, given our history on that.