Pretty good sports weekend!

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Pretty good sports weekend!

Post by AO Sig »

Tulane beats USF convincingly, score-wise. Saints beat the Rams, knocking off the last undefeated team in the NFL. Conference mate UCF is about the only team in the state of Florida to win (I acknowledge FAU did being Florida International), and they remain undefeated.

LSU loses again; I understand that Orgeron was speechless... That was a game that I wish could have both teams lose, but Bama fans are a smidgen less obnoxious (my in-laws live in Tuscaloosa, so I have to cut them some slack).

Now here's hoping that Tulane and the Saints win next weekend, and LSU loses again.

Before yesterday I was planning to post a diatribe discussing the Peter Principle, and how coaches at Tulane seem to prove it; that will have to wait for now...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Wavemania
President's Circle

Re: Pretty good sports weekend!

Post by Wavemania »

I've been telling all my Tigger friends a certain AD had siad there is no rivalry when one team keeps winning over another, so I guess Bama has no rivalry with LSU. Was laughing my ass off all night and enjoying the beat down they were getting. :lol: :razz:
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I was rooting for the Saints today (nicely done, gents) but I won't be next week. :mrgreen:

I've been at the last two Bengals/Saints games in the Dome (both were Tulane home football weekends, made for a great trip... and Bengals won both times). I expect the Saints will win big next week, as the Bengals have a young/weak defensive backfield and though they have a great defensive line, the Saints are experts in avoiding QB pressure. I honestly haven't even tried to get a ticket for the game...

If anyone is coming up for the game, pm me and I will point you to a place having a Saints tailgate with amazing, authentic New Orleans food. They'd be happy to have you.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

… and there's this -

Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Great cartoon. To paraphrase Jason Gay in WSJ today with a nod to Kent Brockman (great column BTW):

"All Hail Our Football Overlords, Alabama!"
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

AO Sig wrote:LSU loses again; I understand that Orgeron was speechless... That was a game that I wish could have both teams lose, but Bama fans are a smidgen less obnoxious (my in-laws live in Tuscaloosa, so I have to cut them some slack).
This is fantastic:
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/lsu-gi ... ne-related
Private Joker
Coach Level

Post by Private Joker »

That was a great sports weekend. Tulane goes on the road and hammers somebody, and the Saints take down the formerly undefeated L.A. Lambs. The best was Michael Thomas beating that punk Marcus Peters for the game-winning touchdown. Peters, a first round NFL draft pick, was kicked off the Washington Husky football team as a senior by Chris Peterson for discipline problems.

I know most of you can't stand the LSU Tigers. As for myself, I kind of wanted them to win, but my PAC-12 loyalties (I'm also an alum of the University of Washington) want to see Washington State in the CFP, and LSU losing should mean that the SEC will only get one team into the CFP. Washington State is still on the outside looking in, but there's a lot of football yet to be played so who knows.

Now let's go whip East Carolina!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:I was rooting for the Saints today (nicely done, gents) but I won't be next week. :mrgreen:

I've been at the last two Bengals/Saints games in the Dome (both were Tulane home football weekends, made for a great trip... and Bengals won both times). I expect the Saints will win big next week, as the Bengals have a young/weak defensive backfield and though they have a great defensive line, the Saints are experts in avoiding QB pressure. I honestly haven't even tried to get a ticket for the game...

If anyone is coming up for the game, pm me and I will point you to a place having a Saints tailgate with amazing, authentic New Orleans food. They'd be happy to have you.
AJ Green out which either helps or hurts, depending on one's perspective.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:I was rooting for the Saints today (nicely done, gents) but I won't be next week. :mrgreen:

AJ Green out which either helps or hurts, depending on one's perspective.
Yup.... :cry:
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

Post by GreenHeart »

Everyone is taking notice. Here's Alvin Kamara rockin' a Tulane tee today:

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

GreenHeart wrote:Everyone is taking notice. Here's Alvin Kamara rockin' a Tulane tee today:

Looks like Kamara is shooting a commercial for Tulane Men's Basketball?