Biggest disappointment in CFB for 2018.

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: Biggest disappointment in CFB for 2018.

Post by sr »

OGSB wrote:Was TCU supposed to be good? 3-4 and in a dogfight at Kansas, trailing 27-24 mid 4th.
When all 150 Kansas fans rush the field after your game, you know it's the low point in your season. TCU loses to Kansas.

Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Rotorooter wrote:If there was any doubt of who, Florida State confirmed it against Clemson.
Well FSU may have company. Clemson has opened as a 38 point favorite over UL. For those who erased it understandably from their memory banks, that's more than OSU against Tulane. If betting pros know what they are doing, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the popcorn and look forward to reading the Courier Journal after the game.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Baywave1 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:If there was any doubt of who, Florida State confirmed it against Clemson.
Well FSU may have company. Clemson has opened as a 38 point favorite over UL. For those who erased it understandably from their memory banks, that's more than OSU against Tulane. If betting pros know what they are doing, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the popcorn and look forward to reading the Courier Journal after the game.
Louisville just got whipped by Wake.
Victory is never permanent
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Ray wrote:
OGSB wrote:Anybody had Wisconsin?
Predictable doody coaching staff & over-rated linemen. (Kinda Pissesd ...haha)
Now 6-4.
Victory is never permanent
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

OGSB wrote:
Ray wrote:
OGSB wrote:Anybody had Wisconsin?
Predictable doody coaching staff & over-rated linemen. (Kinda Pissesd ...haha)
Now 6-4.
They have to be
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Officially Wisconsin
#cousins don't count
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Has anyone mentioned Virginia tech? They're scheduling a contingency game with marshall in case they beat UVA just so they have a chance to keep their bowl streak alive
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:Has anyone mentioned Virginia tech? They're scheduling a contingency game with marshall in case they beat UVA just so they have a chance to keep their bowl streak alive

I watched Wisconsin play yesterday. They do not look like a badger football team, much less a dark horse CFP team
#cousins don't count
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:Has anyone mentioned Virginia tech? They're scheduling a contingency game with marshall in case they beat UVA just so they have a chance to keep their bowl streak alive

I watched Wisconsin play yesterday. They do not look like a badger football team, much less a dark horse CFP team
Strange considering they recruit offensive linemen from the Midwest
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
windywave wrote:

Their defense looked pathetic

They ran for a gazillion yards
#cousins don't count
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
windywave wrote:

So they only recruit linemen on the offense? Weird
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

windywave wrote:
windywave wrote:

So they only recruit linemen on the offense? Weird
Exactly :dots:
#cousins don't count
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

Their starting QB has missed 3 of last 4 games (concussion protocol) Amazing soph. RB …..leading nation again in rushing. I am disappointed, but just because they aren't a playoff type team doesn't mean the biggest disappointment in all of college fb. They should finish at a fairly good 8 & 4 before the bowl games.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

USC belongs in this group as well. They are on the cusp of not even making a bowl a year after winning the Rose Bowl. They had a new qb, sure, but they still have plenty of blue chip talent on the roster. No way they should be this bad.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Ray wrote:Their starting QB has missed 3 of last 4 games (concussion protocol) Amazing soph. RB …..leading nation again in rushing. I am disappointed, but just because they aren't a playoff type team doesn't mean the biggest disappointment in all of college fb. They should finish at a fairly good 8 & 4 before the bowl games.
The reason they are disappointing was this was supposed to be THE YEAR. Northwestern has potential to be barely above .500 and the B1G champ
#cousins don't count
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

windywave wrote:
Ray wrote:Their starting QB has missed 3 of last 4 games (concussion protocol) Amazing soph. RB …..leading nation again in rushing. I am disappointed, but just because they aren't a playoff type team doesn't mean the biggest disappointment in all of college fb. They should finish at a fairly good 8 & 4 before the bowl games.
The reason they are disappointing was this was supposed to be THE YEAR. Northwestern has potential to be barely above .500 and the B1G champ
I like Northwestern, coaches AND players.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Ray wrote:
windywave wrote:
So do I
#cousins don't count
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

BEST COACH IN THE COUNTRY. And that has been true for years. Fitzgerald gets more out of his talent than anyone in the country. They are always ready to play.

And David Cutcliffe has matured into a very nice coach also. Throw in the guy at UAB - what a job he has done.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

windywave wrote:
Ray wrote:
windywave wrote:
So do I
Like their campus too - next to the Lake. My sister went from Newcomb to Grad School at Northwestern and never came back home (except on holidays). Lived in Evanston the rest of her working life. Now in Tucson thawing out.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

sr wrote:
windywave wrote:
Ray wrote:
windywave wrote:
So do I
Like their campus too - next to the Lake. My sister went from Newcomb to Grad School at Northwestern and never came back home (except on holidays). Lived in Evanston the rest of her working life. Now in Tucson thawing out.
Yeah I'm still freezing my ass off
#cousins don't count