2019 Master List - Football

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

2019 Master List - Football

Post by tjtlja »

Some questions about our 2019 class -

1. When is the early signing date?
2. Seems like a lot of movement lately. How many commits do we actually have at this time?
3. How many will we sign? I presume 25 every year with injuries, transfers, graduates, and academics.
4. I presume the big visit weekends will start soon. Hope TU23, Featherwave, Long Green, and others can keep us updated.
5. I hope yesterday’s big win plus the McClesky commitment really kick starts this class.

It should be a fun couple of weeks coming up.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Re: 2019 Master List - Football

Post by tjtlja »

I will start with commitments I think we have and add to it as I can (as of 11/25, we rank 108 nationally, and 11th in the AAC) .

As of 12/14/18, per 247 we rate at 81 in the country and rank 19th in AAC.

1. WR - Jalen McCleskey - 5-10, 170 lbs, transfer from Oklahoma State. One year of eligibility left. Caught 167 passes for 1,865 yards and 14 TD’s.
2. DE-COMMITTED - WR - Dante Wright - 5-10, 165 lbs, Navarre, FL. 3 star per 247. Offered by App State, Buffalo, USM, ULL, USA, FAU, Georgia Southern, Middle TN, Samford, and Chattanooga.
3. WR - Kiland Harrison - 5-10, 165 lbs, Madison, MS. 2 star per 247. Offered by USM, Central Arkansas, and Jackson State.
4. OLB - Armoni Dixon - 6-3, 220 lbs, Wilmette, IL. 3 star per 247. Offered by Ball State, Cincinnati, Miami (OH), Syracuse, Navy, and Western Michigan.
5. DE-COMMITTED - Athlete - Freddie Mango - 5-10, 175 lbs, Ferriday, LA. 2 star per 247. Offered only by Tulane. TCU expressed some interest.
6. OC - Sincere Haynesworth - 6-2, 290 lbs, Pearland, TX. 3 star per 247. Offered by Arkansas State, Army, Houston Baptist, La Tech, Navy, McNeese, Midwestern State, New Mexico, North Texas, and Texas State.
7. OG - Jackson Fort - 6-4, 287 lbs, The Woodlands, TX. 3 star per 247. Offered by UTEP, Central Arkansas, and Abilene Christian.
8. TE - Connor Richardson - 6-6, 230 lbs - Germantown, TN. 2 star per 247. Offered by Tennessee-Martin.
9. RB - Tyjae Spears - 5-9, 175 lbs - Ponchatoula, LA. 3 star per 247. Offered by USM, Texas State, Southeastern, and McNeese.
10. OT - Colby Orgeron - 6-4, 245 lbs - John Curtis - New Orleans. 2 star per 247. Offered by Nicholls State.
11. WAVERING - LB - Darius Hodges - 6-2, 245 lbs - Montgomery, AL. 3 star per 247. Offered by USA, Alabama A&M, Alabama State, Arkansas, Central Michigan, Chattanooga, Eastern KY, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Jacksonville State, Liberty, Mercer, Morgan State, The Citadel, Troy, and Wofford.
12. QB - Keon Howard, 6-1, 205 lbs - transfer from USM. Has 2 years of eligibility remaining. Was 118-220 for 1,564 years during his two years as a part time starter with the eagles. He threw 9 TD passes and was intercepted 9 times.
13. K - Graham Dable - 6-2, 200 lbs. - Winnetka, IL. Preferred walk-on
14. LS - Enzo Anthony - 5-11, 220 lb - Venice, FL. Preferred walk-on
15. P - Ben Schwartz - 5-10, 200 lbs - Washington, DC. Visited Penn State. Preferred walk-on
16. CB - Levi Williams - 6-0, 170 lbs - Valrico, FL. 3 star per 247. Offered by Georgia St, Buffalo, Iowa State, Toledo, Georgia Southern, USM, Liberty, UMass, USA, USF, West Virginia, Western Ky, and Western Michigan.
17. ATH - Jha’Quan Jackson - 5-10, 175 lbs - Boutte, LA. 3 star per 247. Offered by SMU, Arkansas Pine Bluff, Ball State, Houston, Jackson State, Kentucky, USL, La Tech, ULM, McNeese, Memphis, Navy, New Mexico, North Texas, Nicholls, New Mexico State, USA, USM, Toledo, UAB, West Virginia, and Western Kentucky.
18. TE - Keshon Williams - 6-3, 230 lbs - Longview, TX. 3 star per 247. Offered by UTSA, Texas State, Georgia State, Iowa State, ULM, McNeese, New Mexico State, Rice, SHSU, USA, USM, Utah State, and UTEP.
19. WR - Tyrek Presley - 6-2, 192 lbs - Riverdale, GA. 3 star per 247. Offered by USA, Ball State, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan, Georgia Southern, Kansas, Mercer, Southern Illinois, Western Carolina, Troy, FAU, and FIU.
20. S - Tyler Judson - 6-0, 193 lbs - Zachary, LA. 3 star per 247. Offered by Ole Miss, Baylor, Virginia, Houston, USM, Yale, Colorado State, Idaho, ULM, McNeese, Nicholls, Prairie View, Southern, Texas State, and Western Ky.
21. C - Christian Montano - 6-4, 300 lbs - transfer from Brown University. Started his first three years at Brown and suffered a season ending foot injury in the opening game of 2018. Was one of three team captains.
22. DT - Eric Hicks - 6-3, 260lbs - Savannah, GA. 3 star per 247. Offered by Arkansas State, Army, Central Michigan, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, UConn, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Kent State, Old Dominion, Rutgers, USA, The Citadel, UCF, Western Ky, and Wofford.
23. CB - Kanyon Walker - 6-0, 185lbs - Leesville, FL. No ranking on 247 at this time. Offered by Air Force, Army, Colgate, Dartmouth, Furman, Liberty, UMass, Mercer, Navy, Tennessee Tech, Wofford, Campbell, and South Dakota.
24. CB/WR (ATH) - Ton’Quez Ball - 5-11, 186 lbs - Knoxville, TN. 3 star per 247. Offered by App State, Austin Peay, The Citadel, Coastal Carolina, Colorado State, Eastern Ky, Georgia Southern, Howard, Liberty, Miami (Ohio), MTSU, Old Dominion, Tenn Tech, Tenn Martin, UTSA, Western Colorado, Wofford, Charleston Southern, and Chattanooga.

Position breakdown including transfers and preferred walk-on's -

1. QB - 1
2. RB - 1
3. WR - 3
4. TE - 2
5. OL - 4
6. DL - 1
7. LB - 1
8. DB - 3
9. ATH - 2
10. K, P, & LS - 3 (one at each position)
Last edited by tjtlja on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 17 times in total.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

tjtlja wrote:Some questions about our 2019 class -

2. Seems like a lot of movement lately. How many commits do we actually have at this time?
3. How many will we sign? I presume 25 every year with injuries, transfers, graduates, and academics.
4. I presume the big visit weekends will start soon. Hope TU23, Featherwave, Long Green, and others can keep us updated.
5. I hope yesterday’s big win plus the McClesky commitment really kick starts this class.

Speaking of LG he hasn't posted since early in the season. Hope he's ok.
We deserve so much better
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Same here.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Apparently we like 5'10", 170ish pound wide receivers!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

All are very fast
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Korey King is still a “maybe.” He committed and wants to be a part of the class, but he didn’t talk to the coaches before he committed and his commitment status is up in the air. He could be a part of the class when it’s all said and done.

Darius Hodges is also starting to give vibes of someone who is not fully committed. One to watch.

The big recruiting weekends will heat up in the three weeks before Christmas. The bowl game will clearly affect which weekend is going to be the big one with most of the commits.

As far as the number we can sign, I think it’s going to be 25 including McCleskey and Keon Howard (we may have had room for Howard in the 2018 class, but I think Canteen still counts in that number too).

We have room at all positions with the possible exception of Wide Receiver if our commits hold.
This one belongs to the Wave.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

wavedom wrote:

I am fine. Very good of you two to send your hopes for my safety. :lol:
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Very nice of you to respond, and very glad you are doing fine.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

tjtlja wrote:Very nice of you to respond, and very glad you are doing fine.
He disappears when we are 2-3 and we go 4-3 with him gone and you MISS him?! Why conjour him back now? Don't we have enough to contend with when '54 is starting up his juju or vibrations or whatever every week?!?!!?! Go away LG!
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

gerryb323 wrote:
He disappears when we are 2-3 and we go 4-3 with him gone and you MISS him?! Why conjour him back now? Don't we have enough to contend with when '54 is starting up his juju or vibrations or whatever every week?!?!!?! Go away LG!
Slap a smiley face on that or I’ll make you my special project.

For the record, I disappeared when we were 1-3. If I hadn’t, I would have been disappeared by the admins.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

long green wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Slap a smiley face on that or I’ll make you my special project.

For the record, I disappeared when we were 1-3. If I hadn’t, I would have been disappeared by the admins.
That's even worse! :angel:
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

long green wrote:
wavedom wrote:

I am fine. Very good of you two to send your hopes for my safety. :lol:
Glad to hear. May the cause of your leave never happen again.
We deserve so much better
djh
Coach Level

Post by djh »

tjtlja wrote:All are very fast
When you say fast, how fast as in numbers?
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Cannot remember times, but the write ups on each guy talks either about their speed or quickness
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

I would sure hope so at that size!
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

TU23 wrote:
The big recruiting weekends will heat up in the three weeks before Christmas. The bowl game will clearly affect which weekend is going to be the big one with most of the commits.

As far as the number we can sign, I think it’s going to be 25 including McCleskey and Keon Howard (we may have had room for Howard in the 2018 class, but I think Canteen still counts in that number too).

Early signing date period is Dec 19-21, so we can all understand this will require creative planning by the staff. I vaguely recall that a permanent disabling injury gets you an exclusion from the 85 rule and that player can be replaced. However I have no idea if that rule applies to the 25 annual rule if Canteen were indeed counted forward into this prospective class. A true extremely fine print question.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I hate to say this but a part of me wishes we weren't going to end up in a bowl right at the signing period. I'd love for the coaches to be out picking up some last minute studs, but they're gonna be focused on the bowl game (possibly even AT it). Conversely if they're busy recruiting for the early signing, they're not focused on the game.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Pete, one positive is that Fritz and his staff have been through the playoff grind while he was coaching at SHSU. I know it isn’t the same, but it was weekly post season play. As we know, recruiting in any college sport is a daily exercise.
charlamange8
Navigator Level

Post by charlamange8 »

The Coaches are out recruiting as we speak...practice for the bowl game will begin in earnest next week (it helps to know who your opponent is). The first few bowl practices usually focus on young guys and fundamentals, and you want to ensure that everyone is as healthy as possible.

We will have visitors this weekend and next! Gotta get some more boys and coach em up!
Charles
"Wisdom and the Sword"
1998 C-USA Champions
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Any idea who may be visiting this weekend (is this a dead period since a lot of games being played this weekend)?

Any names for OC in the local paper, radio, etc.?
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

i'd rather recruit well than win this bowl game, although i am sure a winning record and more importantly the idea of "progress" is a key recruiting tool.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Yankeewave wrote:i'd rather recruit well than win this bowl game, although i am sure a winning record and more importantly the idea of "progress" is a key recruiting tool.
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Yankeewave wrote:i'd rather recruit well than win this bowl game, although i am sure a winning record and more importantly the idea of "progress" is a key recruiting tool.
I vote for both.

If this staff is doing its recruiting job, the next couple of weeks is just sealing the deal. I doubt 3 or 4 star recruits fall out of the sky like an early Yule log so this is the time is to let those young man see you one more time and to let Mom know her son will be alright at Tulane. Same with bowl preps. This is not Day 1 at camp. Sure, install a new wrinkle here or there but it’s probably more basics, like reminding DBs not to pull another Navy or to run the thousandth wrap up tackling drill.

The goals are not mutually exclusive.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

tjtlja wrote:Any idea who may be visiting this weekend (is this a dead period since a lot of games being played this weekend)?

Any names for OC in the local paper, radio, etc.?
This is a preliminary list compiled from twitter:

Levi Williams 3 star CB/RB/WR from Valrico, FL. Offers from West Virginia, Iowa State, Buffalo, Toledo, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, USF, USM, Western Kentucky, UMass, Western Mich., Liberty and Tulane. He's supposed to visit Georgia State next week.

Armoni Dixon, 3 star OLB/DE from Wilmette, IL. Offers from Cincy, Syracuse, Miami (OH), Navy, Western Mich, Central Mich, Ball State and Tulane.

Ton'Quez Ball, 3 star CB/WR from Nashville, TN. Offers from App State, Colorado State, UTSA, Liberty, Old Dominion, Tulane and a bunch of FCS schools.

Keshon Williams (unconfirmed but listed as a visitor by 247), 3 star TE from Longview, TX. Current TX State commit. Offers from TX St., Iowa St., UTSA, Georgia St., Rice, USM, Utah State, UTEP, ULM, South Ala., Tulane and NM St.

Roger Yarde (Unconfirmed but listed as a visitor by 247), ATH from Sebring, FL. Has offers from Nebraska, FIU, Marshall, UCF, USF, Southern Miss, App. State, Temple, Western Kentucky, UMass, Central Mich. Supposedly down to Tulane, USF, West Virginia (no offer yet) and UMass (who doesn't have a coach).

Commits visiting:

Conner Richardson, TE from TN
Jackson Fort, OL from Texas
Kiland Harrison, WR from MS
This one belongs to the Wave.