NEWS - Tyrek Presley 3* WR/CB commits --

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
sr
Regent's Circle

NEWS - Tyrek Presley 3* WR/CB commits --

Post by sr »

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: NEWS - Tyrek Presley 3* WR/CB commits --

Post by gerryb323 »

Good size!
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Tyrek ... Interests/
Other offers: Kansas, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan, Georgia Southern
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

Excellent :!: :!:
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Lea Miles' Kansas or the other guy Kansas?
Victory is never permanent
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Seems to be an uptick!
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Post by Wandering Quaker »

Do we want him as a WR or a DB?

Or is the correct answer to that question, simply, "yes."
Billow
Coach Level

Post by Billow »

Tyrek Presley 1st team All State in 6AAAAAA WR
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Isn’t having Six As after the 6 redundant?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

FW wrote:Isn’t having Six As after the 6 redundant?
It's Georgia
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

windywave wrote:
It's Georgia
I always love it when people from Illinois make fun of Georgia. Let's see, Illinois: one of the least solvent states in the Union, lousy weather, high taxes, one of the worst places to retire, crime-ridden Chicago, three ex-Governors in prison, mostly famous for gangsters, U of I hasn't been relevant in football in decades, if ever.

Hope to see you windy when you thaw out in May.
Plan your work, work your plan.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
It's Georgia
I always love it when people from Illinois make fun of Georgia. Let's see, Illinois: one of the least solvent states in the Union, lousy weather, high taxes, one of the worst places to retire, crime-ridden Chicago, three ex-Governors in prison, mostly famous for gangsters, U of I hasn't been relevant in football in decades, if ever.

I'd guess Illinois has a better literacy rate
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
It's Georgia

All of that and still not Georgia.

BTW Illinois is the 21st largest economy in the world meaning work a little harder and we could go to the G20 by ourselves.

Chicago has two world class research universities, museums that put almost everywhere else to shame, and is the world's center for risk management.

The U of I football comment just made me laugh because it demonstrates misplaced priorities.

All in all I like Chicago and i go to FL or the Caribbean to thaw out (North of the wall is based on Chicago winters i.e. we aren't soft).
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
It's Georgia

Was that thud the mic dropping?
#cousins don't count
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
It's Georgia

So do Vermont, Connecticut and Massachusetts, and I wouldn't live in any of those, either. No, the thud you heard was probably the snow dropping off of your roof.

The comment about the 21st largest economy in the world is a laugher because that means it puts Illinois in company with California as the most mis-managed economies in the world because of the state's potential insolvency. Take away ammunition sales on the South Side and I'll bet that economy shrinks drastically. Give me one of the fastest-growing economies (if not THE fastest) in the U.S. (Georgia) instead of a mis-managed one any day.

Georgia Tech is one highest rated engineering schools in the country, Emory in the Top 20. But you probably don't know that, either.

And I played golf this past Wednesday in just a polo shirt. When is your tee time, Nanook? May 10th? Don't worry, you can go to your museums, I'm sure they have heat (as long as the state of Illinois can pay its bills).

I will say that Illinois has some of the best farm soil in the world. In that way, it is irreplaceable. It's only the rampant corruption in Chicago and Springfield that ruins the state.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
It's Georgia

So do Vermont, Connecticut and Massachusetts, and I wouldn't live in any of those, either. No, the thud you heard was probably the snow dropping off of your roof.

The comment about the 21st largest economy in the world is a laugher because that means it puts Illinois in company with California as the most mis-managed economies in the world because of the state's potential insolvency. Take away ammunition sales on the South Side and I'll bet that economy shrinks drastically. Give me one of the fastest-growing economies (if not THE fastest) in the U.S. (Georgia) instead of a mis-managed one any day.

Georgia Tech is one highest rated engineering schools in the country, Emory in the Top 20. But you probably don't know that, either.

And I played golf this past Wednesday in just a polo shirt. When is your tee time, Nanook? May 10th? Don't worry, you can go to your museums, I'm sure they have heat (as long as the state of Illinois can pay its bills).

I will say that Illinois has some of the best farm soil in the world. In that way, it is irreplaceable. It's only the rampant corruption in Chicago and Springfield that ruins the state.
Unfortunately probably not a white Christmas here (although I would rather have to put on a sweater than have hot humid summers).

You have an inferiority complex on par to ULL folks. Texas is probably growing faster BTW
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Yeah, this was about 6AAAAAA (36A?) vs 6A, so I figured literacy was the relevant factor. You do you though
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

windywave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
It's Georgia

Unfortunately probably not a white Christmas here (although I would rather have to put on a sweater than have hot humid summers).

You have an inferiority complex on par to ULL folks. Texas is probably growing faster BTW

No inferiority, just stating facts. Inferiority infers that I aspire to be like Illinois or look at it as superior--nothing could be further from the truth. And Georgia's economy is growing in the same neighborhood as Texas and probably not far off in most indices where it lags.

Chicago doesn't have hot, humid summers----riiiiiight.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Who is Tyrek Presley? :-D

We all live where we live because we either a) love it there; b) are not traveled enough to know any different; c) don’t love it but are unmotivated to do what it takes to leave and live elsewhere; d) don’t love it but stay because of family obligations; e) don’t love it but stay because of job obligations (see c).). In my experience few people fall in category a). and many spend a lot of mental BTUs justifying b)-e). Arguing otherwise is like arguing over who has the best pizza.
Last edited by TUPF on Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

TUPF wrote:Who is Tyrek Presley? :-D
Just a guy from the wrong side of the continental railroad.
Victory is never permanent
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
It's Georgia

No inferiority, just stating facts. Inferiority infers that I aspire to be like Illinois or look at it as superior--nothing could be further from the truth. And Georgia's economy is growing in the same neighborhood as Texas and probably not far off in most indices where it lags.

Chicago doesn't have hot, humid summers----riiiiiight.
Have you ever been here?

I just find it amusing you are so blase in dismissing the fact Illinois's economy is 21st in the world.

I don't get where the vitriol comes from, but when Atlanta/GA is a global center for finance, commerce, and culture I'll be happy to capitulate.
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:Who is Tyrek Presley? :-D
Someone who is learning about a great city and Atlanta
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Are there more BMWs in Chicago or Atlanta? :green wink:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

TUPF wrote:Are there more BMWs in Chicago or Atlanta? :green wink:
BMWs are rear-wheel drive cars that do not do well in snow--no 4WD (XDrive is an over-hyped AWD). So I would say Atlanta. Plus, the X5 and z4 plant is about 2.5 hrs drive from here.

Presley is a good pickup for us. Because we play so much M-T-M at the corner, we are getting a lot of premium CBs as recruits. He'll need to bulk up to be a S, and maybe he can do that.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Rotorooter wrote:
TUPF wrote:Are there more BMWs in Chicago or Atlanta? :green wink:
BMWs are rear-wheel drive cars that do not do well in snow--no 4WD (XDrive is an over-hyped AWD). So I would say Atlanta. Plus, the X5 and z4 plant is about 2.5 hrs drive from here.

Presley is a good pickup for us. Because we play so much M-T-M at the corner, we are getting a lot of premium CBs as recruits. He'll need to bulk up to be a S, and maybe he can do that.
This is impressive logic. :roll:
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:. Arguing otherwise is like arguing over who has the best pizza.
Chicago for deep dish and NYC for thin
#cousins don't count