A Message from Troy Dannen

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Re: A Message from Troy Dannen

Post by visualmagic »

In a marketing letter?
I was joking
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

visualmagic wrote:
In a marketing letter?
I was joking
Mea culpa then. That's what I get for being text-deaf
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

Happens to the best of us
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
windywave wrote:Drinking and nookie engages them as well and both those are more athletic than e-sports
They may be more fun but they are not more athletic.
1. Bay, you're doing it wrong (inadvertent use of "doing it").
2. This might be Windy's greatest post ever.
Agree with you absolutely that windy's hot take deserves a prominent place on all time best list. I'll accept I'm being outvoted here so let's just leave my "incomprehensibility" at that. I'm saving whatever few brain cells I have left for irrationally cheering on the MBB team. I expect it to earn me cred with St. Peter.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

Baywave1 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
windywave wrote:Drinking and nookie engages them as well and both those are more athletic than e-sports
Agree with you absolutely that windy's hot take deserves a prominent place on all time best list. I'll accept I'm being outvoted here so let's just leave my "incomprehensibility" at that. I'm saving whatever few brain cells I have left for irrationally cheering on the MBB team. I expect it to earn me cred with St. Peter.
I think St. Jude is probably the more relevant one here....
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

GretnaGrn wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
I think St. Jude is probably the more relevant one here....
Restraint ... must use restraint :king:
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Keep trying guys. St. Jude is very good. :mrgreen: As I said I was outvoted. So be it.

Meanwhile I will not be chummed into a "frank" discussion that will lead to bad officiating resulting in automatic ejections from this forum.

It's been awhile but I remember when Billy Wells of Tulane was the national collegiate pocket billiards champion. That was athletic enough for me especially since he practiced every day on tables adjacent to the Tulane bowling alleys in the UC.

However I do draw the line on Athletics sponsoring the Tulane Quidditch team. Let's keep the brooms out of Wilson.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Baywave1 wrote:Keep trying guys. St. Jude is very good. :mrgreen: As I said I was outvoted. So be it.

Meanwhile I will not be chummed into a "frank" discussion that will lead to bad officiating resulting in automatic ejections from this forum.

It's been awhile but I remember when Billy Wells of Tulane was the national collegiate pocket billiards champion. That was athletic enough for me especially since he practiced every day on tables adjacent to the Tulane bowling alleys in the UC.

However I do draw the line on Athletics sponsoring the Tulane Quidditch team. Let's keep the brooms out of Wilson.
Quidditch is more athletic
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Baywave1 wrote:Keep trying guys. St. Jude is very good. :mrgreen: As I said I was outvoted. So be it.

Quidditch uses multiple sticks and balls and there is some panting involved
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:

Than drinking maybe
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

Than drinking maybe
Than eSports
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

Than drinking maybe
Than eSports
I thought we established drinkig and nookie were more athletic already and since quidditch is more athletic than drinking e-sports is not even worthy of a mention.
#cousins don't count
Carolina Greenie
Navigator Level

Post by Carolina Greenie »

windywave wrote:

Wait-
1). For these purposes, are drinking and nookie considered one activity?
2). Is Quidditch some new variant of number 1 the kids are doing these days?

I am having a hard time keeping up....
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Carolina Greenie wrote:
windywave wrote:

Wait-

They make a pill for that.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Carolina Greenie wrote:
windywave wrote:

Wait-

1) Independent activities
2) Harry Potter man. Come on where have you been for 20 years? (Just search quidditch on here for a few threads about our team)
#cousins don't count
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Baywave1 wrote:Glad to see progress made on bringing tennis back to campus. Goldrings deserve it (and probably have a hand in this new one too) for all they have done for Tulane athletics especially supporting that the former center land be used for Yulman.
Did Dannen say 'campus'. Didn't he say 'in the area'. What about Uptown Square? Tulane still have some of that property?
Charlie Dunn
Navigator Level

Post by Charlie Dunn »

I hope the tennis facility is on or right next to campus. The tennis teams and Booras deserve a top notch facility. It's going to be hard to recruit without one. This is long overdue. We also need some place to hang our tennis national title and conference championship titles!
JtS
Regent's Circle

Post by JtS »

Apparently e-sports is extremely popular and has low costs. As JohnnyMac & I used to argue on the radio - If you can drink a beer while playing...it’s not a sport.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Pocket pool? I think you're still doing it wrong.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

JtS wrote:Apparently e-sports is extremely popular and has low costs.
A couple of XBox Ones and TVs... maybe some really comfy gaming chairs? A few backup controllers in case someone overdoes it? The cost of the each scholarship player's XBox Live annual membership? Yeah, I'd say the costs are low.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

PeteRasche wrote:
A couple of XBox Ones and TVs... maybe some really comfy gaming chairs? A few backup controllers in case someone overdoes it? The cost of the each scholarship player's XBox Live annual membership? Yeah, I'd say the costs are low.
how does eligibility work? is redshirting an option?
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

ml wave wrote:

Pocket pool? I think you're still doing it wrong.
Perhaps. But whatever it was Wells was a national champ (multiple times too!)
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

They probably won't be doing eSports on xbox one. More like several high end gaming computers. I'm not a big time gamer myself, but from what I understand, the very best teams practice many hours a day, sometimes 8+. Not sure there are any limits on that from an NCAA standpoint, but they also likely won't need a coach to supervise them.

I'm all for it, although it's an awkward fit with athletics. Not sure where else you put them though.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:They probably won't be doing eSports on xbox one. More like several high end gaming computers. I'm not a big time gamer myself, but from what I understand, the very best teams practice many hours a day, sometimes 8+. Not sure there are any limits on that from an NCAA standpoint, but they also likely won't need a coach to supervise them.

I'm all for it, although it's an awkward fit with athletics. Not sure where else you put them though.
I think it's nothing more than a bureaucratic land rush on something that is popular with students and will probably pay for itself.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
how does eligibility work? is redshirting an option?
Mt. Dew code red approved for the training table?
#cousins don't count