Go Saints!

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Go Saints!

Unread post by TUPF »

Of course my favorite team is the Eagles, who overachieved last season and put a scare into the Saints last weekend. With the Eagles out, now it’s the Saints.

Whenever I’m asked, my second favorite team is anyone who plays the Cowboys.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Go Saints!

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Joe Saints!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Now it's Went Saints. Watching the game I thought the NBA snuck its officials into the game for the last minute of regulation. "We let the players decide the game."
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

Unread post by GreenHeart »

Remember how you felt after the season-ending Banks call at SMU? Well that's how I feel. Saints fans just witnessed grand theft. The economic impact of that egregious lack-of-call will be in the millions.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Baywave1 wrote:Now it's Went Saints. Watching the game I thought the NBA snuck its officials into the game for the last minute of regulation. "We let the players decide the game."
I agree on the missed PI call in regulation but the Saints got the ball first in OT and squandered the opportunity, followed by allowing the Rams to drive to a FG for the win. Let’s not go All Roller on this where the Grand Officiating Cabal is being directed from some Illuminati bunker. Saints had opportunity and did not seize it.

In some respects it was like last week vs. my Eagles. Eagles had the Saints on their heels both early and late but gave up the ball. The Rams were pretty good on the road and the Saints let them hang around. The Saints were the #1 seed playing at home and should have crushed the 9-7 Eagles but it was closer than it should have been. The Rams finished the job. I understand the heartbreak because the Birds suffered several similar under Andy Reid as the #1 seed.
Last edited by TUPF on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

Final games should not be decided upon a bad call. The pass interference was egregious; the ref was within a few feet, and should have had his eyes open and watching the play. Had the call been made correctly, it would have been first and goal, and the Rams would have been able to stop the clock only once. That totally changed the outcome; the Rams should not have had a minute to move down to field goal range in the first place.

it is a bit like a certain team losing on a fifth down play a few years ago. The final outcome should not be based on a call, or lack thereof.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

The OT should have never happened. They call that as they should have and the game is OVER.
Last edited by sr on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

TUPF, Rams did what they needed to win. All props to them. I rate it MLTN that NFL will say by Tuesday that refs missed the call. Candidly main reason for loss was Brees level of play dropped off from it was last time Saints beat the Rams. Regardless I've never understood this swallowing the whistle stuff which has made the NBA literally a mugging game on final shots. At least this hasn't seeped into baseball yet but who knows?
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

Headlines from the Sports Illustrated home page:

A Monster Kick, Goff Delivers and a Horrific Missed Call Send Rams to Super Bowl
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Grow the base in LA or allow the Mississippi tidal basin to get a win not in a Hurricane recovery year. Simple choice for the league
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

GreenHeart wrote:The economic impact of that egregious lack-of-call will be in the millions.
You don't think the positive impact in L.A. where a Super Bowl t-shirt probably costs double what it does in NOLA wouldn't offset it?

As windy said... The NFL doesn't have any chafed feelings about a participant being from Los Angeles rather than New Orleans. Especially if they're playing against Boston (rather than Kansas City).
Last edited by PeteRasche on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

PeteRasche wrote:
GreenHeart wrote:The economic impact of that egregious lack-of-call will be in the millions.
Really? Because you don't think the positive impact in L.A. where a Super Bowl t-shirt probably costs double what it does in NOLA wouldn't offset it?

As windy said... The NFL doesn't have any chafed feelings about a participant being from Los Angeles rather than New Orleans. Especially if they're playing against Boston (rather than Kansas City).

The impact will be in the millions....HERE IN NEW ORLEANS!!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

GreenHeart wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Really? Because you don't think the positive impact in L.A. where a Super Bowl t-shirt probably costs double what it does in NOLA wouldn't offset it?

Yeah, um, that's what I said. The NFL doesn't care.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:

Just like the NBA is rooting for Celtics v Warriors/Lakers final instead of say Bucks v Rockets. Meanwhile NHL is up the creek anyway since Tampa Bay owns hockey at the moment. But the Stanley Cup finals are a long way off so maybe the Bruins can end up against someone interesting from the West (maybe the Sharks again?)

Regardless Kroenke just bumped up ticket prices and naming rights fee for the new Inglewood stadium.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by BACONWAVE »

Saints got it with no lube from officials.....Multiple holds & tackles from their O-line on our rushers. Middleton had 3 Helmet-to Helmet hits not called. Two separate PI penalties before the worst one were not called....hell both DB's were actually laughing when no flags were thrown. Multiple holds on their defense to our WR's going down middle. Even Joe Buck's dumb@$$ admitted a lot of non-calls. This sucks b/c I don't think we will have another shot like this before we have to go into re-build mold losing Brees. %&&$%^$!#&*&@(*&#(&*()
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
windywave
Emerald Circle

GreenHeart wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

And the NFL does not give a flying frick
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
GreenHeart wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

You'd think it would care about the legitimacy of the game
windywave
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
GreenHeart wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Only when the bottom line is affected
#cousins don't count
MattK
President's Circle

Unread post by MattK »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
GreenHeart wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Only when the bottom line is affected
Yeah, somehow “oops our bad, the wrong team won” doesn’t carry much weight when the wrong team goes to the super bowl.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
GreenHeart wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Yeah, like how you can't breathe on the QB without a penalty except sometimes when you can, and you can't tackle someone without being ejected except sometimes when you can crush their helmet with yours and no foul is called? Or, for that matter, how you are free to kneel during the anthem until it looks like it might hurt their bottom line, then you're not free?

Yeah, legitimacy is their concern. And New Orleanians love Goodell too. 8)
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

TUPF wrote:Of course my favorite team is the Eagles, who overachieved last season and put a scare into the Saints last weekend. With the Eagles out, now it’s the Saints.

Hey TUPF, if you actually like the Saints, can you stop starting “Go Saints!” threads before they play games you want them to win?
You did the same thing before the cowboys game they lost. http://yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51754
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

visualmagic wrote:
TUPF wrote:Of course my favorite team is the Eagles, who overachieved last season and put a scare into the Saints last weekend. With the Eagles out, now it’s the Saints.

Hey TUPF, if you actually like the Saints, can you stop starting “Go Saints!” threads before they play games you want them to win?
You did the same thing before the cowboys game they lost. http://yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51754
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

visualmagic wrote:

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. At least I didn’t use a faux Cajun spelling. :oops:
Last edited by TUPF on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Like a mad scientist, we've just been experimenting on ourselves first. Well now that we know it works (just in reverse), we at least have two potential false flag operations that can bring success to Tulane sports. If the other team's mods vigilantly block attempted "Juju" penetrations, we can simply fall back on an innocuous "Go (other guys)" thread on our opponents' internet fan boards.

CFP here we come! :green wink:
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

"I personally have not seen the play..."