Quarterbacks - We Need You

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Re: Quarterbacks - We Need You

Unread post by wavedom »

Baywave1 wrote:The point is Fritz is clearly working both HS and transfer QB market. He is also recruiting both local NOLA area as well as other (generally neighboring) areas for all players. In any business you have to have multiple sales channels for long-term success because in near term you do not know which will be most fruitful. Meanwhile none are mutually exclusive and process can appear untidy to outside observers without inside knowledge.

In Fritz's case at moment, transfer QBs and out of state players are dominating his successful signees. It could be the exact opposite next time or a more balanced mixture.

I don't care as long as what he does works. At least from my view, he is succeeding.
As I posted in another response no one is saying not to try both routes. What is being said is that it is a mistake to just write off the HS market as some here have suggested. And again as to recruiting other states no one is saying we shouldn't.
We deserve so much better
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Who said explicitly that we should write off the HS QB market? No doubt there are posts that talk about our very recent history and near future that don’t mention HS QB recruiting but that’s not the same thing.

The fact is all our disagreements on this point don’t amount to much. Not signing the right HS guy in this class will put us back in the transfer market next cycle if not sooner. We will still be recruiting HS kids all the while.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
CT Wave
Coach Level

Unread post by CT Wave »

I cannot recall any posts saying to write off the high school QB market. Maybe someone else can refresh my memory. My thought is that some here have said we can be successful even if we don't sign a high school QB right now. That leads to looking for transfers. But certainly the staff is recruiting high school players for this critical position.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
long green
Cornerstone

No one really did, there’s no need to pat your pockets. We need a good HS QB but we are very probably not getting one in a week and a half. So we’ll be looking for a transfer. Keep an eye open if we don’t use all four slots next Wednesday. That could be a sign that we’re looking for a sit-out transfer with more than one year to play, like Howard.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

One good exaggeration deserved another. Glad we put that to rest.
We deserve so much better
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

FSU QB Deondre Francois has entered the transfer portal per NCAAF Nation on twitter.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

waverider wrote:FSU QB Deondre Francois has entered the transfer portal per NCAAF Nation on twitter.
well seeing how he was booted off the team...
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
waverider wrote:FSU QB Deondre Francois has entered the transfer portal per NCAAF Nation on twitter.
well seeing how he was booted off the team...
EMCC bound!
charlamange8
Navigator Level

Unread post by charlamange8 »

Apparently booted off the team for no reason...so sad.
Charles
"Wisdom and the Sword"
1998 C-USA Champions
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

charlamange8 wrote:Apparently booted off the team for no reason...so sad.
Or not
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

charlamange8 wrote:Apparently booted off the team for no reason...so sad.
Well, technically there was a reason. The reason was the woman wanted him out of FSU. And in our "guilty by public opinion even after proven innocent" world, she succeeded.
long green
Cornerstone

She’s pulled back parts but not all of her story. It’s tough to find any FSU fan who is sorry to see him gone, regardless of where it leaves them in the short term.
Last edited by long green on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

long green wrote:She’s pulled back her story so Francois can go after FSU if he wants something like re-instatement or cleansing public statement.
I just read that her family has come out stating that the post retracting the video/apologizing was from someone who hacked her account...whole thing is a mess
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
long green wrote:She’s pulled back her story so Francois can go after FSU if he wants something like re-instatement or cleansing public statement.
I just read that her family has come out stating that the post retracting the video/apologizing was from someone who hacked her account...whole thing is a mess
Hence my "or not"
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Well I guess sometimes dogs eat homework so internet accounts can be hacked too. Regardless in this age of Title IX, Francois's college days may be over.
MattK
President's Circle

Unread post by MattK »

long green wrote:It’s tough to find any FSU fan who is sorry to see him gone, regardless of where it leaves them in the short term.
If they thought he made them a playoff contender they wouldn't care at all what he did or didn't do.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

MattK wrote:If they thought he made them a playoff contender they wouldn't care at all what he did or didn't do.
Why? What? No!!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Tate Martell had his waiver at Miami approved for reasons. Interesting, perhaps landslide decision by the NCAA
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

gerryb323 wrote:Tate Martell had his waiver at Miami approved for reasons. Interesting, perhaps landslide decision by the NCAA
It may cause a landslide of transfers but I assume you mean it may be a landmark decision on which I think you are correct.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:Tate Martell had his waiver at Miami approved for reasons. Interesting, perhaps landslide decision by the NCAA
It may cause a landslide of transfers but I assume you mean it may be a landmark decision on which I think you are correct.
I meant it as a short way of saying it would cause a landslide of transfers. Yeah, that was awkward
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:Well I guess sometimes dogs eat homework so internet accounts can be hacked too. Regardless in this age of Title IX, Francois's college days may be over.
Apparently after trying to walk-on at FAU and then being told "thanks, no thanks" by Lane Kiffin (of all people!), François is checking out Alabama State. Too many credits for EMCC!