2020 Football Recruiting

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: 2020 Football Recruiting

Post by waverider »

Rummel ATH Donovan Kaufman tweeted that he has “earned” an offer from Tulane.
I’ve waited for this day since I picked up a football and I’m proud to say I earned an offer to Tulane University! #Rollwave
Here’s a link to a highlight clip he tweeted.

https://twitter.com/sosakaufman/status/ ... 90242?s=21

Raider Pride!!! 8)
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

waverider wrote:Rummel ATH Donovan Kaufman tweeted that he has “earned” an offer from Tulane.
I’ve waited for this day since I picked up a football and I’m proud to say I earned an offer to Tulane University! #Rollwave

Raider Pride!!! 8)
That is the first time I have ever heard a recruit make such a comment. Shows, at least to me, that he sees the amazing opportunity such an offer will provide him, both for football, and for his future in general. This is the kind of student-athlete that every team hopes to have!
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

are we his first offer? i'll cut all of our local alumni a break and say that i was happy when Tulane signed the kicker from my high school this year. as long as the local kids are as good as non-local kids, then i do think it could potentially help increase local interest (although not as much as winning).
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

AO Sig wrote:
waverider wrote:Rummel ATH Donovan Kaufman tweeted that he has “earned” an offer from Tulane.

Raider Pride!!! 8)
That is the first time I have ever heard a recruit make such a comment. Shows, at least to me, that he sees the amazing opportunity such and offer will provide him, both for football, and for his future in general. This is the kind of student-athlete that every team hopes to have!
Maybe it's just youthful exuberance or maybe a subtle nod to his coaches and parents or maybe he was just brought up in a polite household. Regardless it's refreshing to read and brought a smile to my face too.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Unpossible! We don't recruit Rummel!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Yankeewave wrote:are we his first offer? i'll cut all of our local alumni a break and say that i was happy when Tulane signed the kicker from my high school this year. as long as the local kids are as good as non-local kids, then i do think it could potentially help increase local interest (although not as much as winning).
He's a preferred walk on, no?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Dable? Yes.

Incidentally, we offered a second Rummel DB at the same time. Quinton Cage is the name.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

long green wrote:Dable? Yes.

Incidentally, we offered a second Rummel DB at the same time. Quinton Cage is the name.
Wavemania sighting in 3....2....1....
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

AO Sig wrote:

Raider Pride!!! 8)
That is the first time I have ever heard a recruit make such a comment. Shows, at least to me, that he sees the amazing opportunity such and offer will provide him, both for football, and for his future in general. This is the kind of student-athlete that every team hopes to have!
Something I noticed was a 2020 recruiting related tweet by Westly Fritz which had 7 or so comments so I checked to see what they were. It was kids responding with their Hudl links asking to be looked at. I don’t know what these kids ratings are or if they are being recruited by others, but I don’t remember seeing that too much in the past.
Tulane Greenbackers

sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Sonny Hazard - DT/NG - 6'2" 285 - Jesuit HS New Orleans, LA
- like the way this young man plays

https://twitter.com/sonny_hazard/status ... 02209?s=20

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5396940/Sonny-Hazard
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

That has to be one of the sons of the Hazards who played at LSU.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
rdalvarez
Head Trainer

Post by rdalvarez »

He's a stud. Dad is John Hazard, DL/OL for LSU in 80's. He's probably all LSU. Saw him at a couple of Tulane home games this year so who knows. Went to most of his games this year and watched him fight through double teams most of the year. Jesuit also had a really good defensive end in Perry Ganci, a senior. Not sure if he got any big time offers, but would be worth a look. Great wrestler and was interested in pursuing that in college from what I heard, so maybe programs backed off.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

John Hazard played OL for LSU after a year on defense. I remember his recruitment well.

Ganci made all the All-Star teams but we signed players at his positions. If he doesn’t get the wrestling scholarship he may want he’d be well worth a preferred walk-on slot.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

I think Ganci is either going to end up at Nicholls or Southeastern if he sticks with football.

Jesuit also has an offensive lineman that we are probably keeping tabs on: Brian Balestra, 6'4 270 C/G.

Hazard is a really really good player. I hope LSU does not offer, but if they do, he's going to be a tiger.
This one belongs to the Wave.
rdalvarez
Head Trainer

Post by rdalvarez »

Ganci reminds me of Cory Dublin - both lightly recruited lineman (one offense, one defense) who were both very good wrestlers.

As much as Hazard impressed this last year, Ganci was even more impressive in some games - and that's not just me. John Hazard was a part-time 9th grade assistant coach at Jesuit and often was Ganci's biggest cheerleader from the stands.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Well if the guy is good enough to be considered for wrestling schollies (and those are thrown around like sumos), I'd think he could develop into a solid football player.

Generally most wrestlers have outstanding strength pound for pound (that may diminish in the heavy weight category though); they are always quick for their size and by definition very aggressive. Best of all, to succeed or not depends totally on the wrestler. He can't call on a teammate or a coach to bail him out in the middle of a tough match. That self reliance needed to win by doing your job first is very useful especially in a assignment football system like Fritz's.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Baywave1 wrote:Well if the guy is good enough to be considered for wrestling schollies (and those are thrown around like sumos), I'd think he could develop into a solid football player.

Generally most wrestlers have outstanding strength pound for pound (that may diminish in the heavy weight category though); they are always quick for their size and by definition very aggressive. Best of all, to succeed or not depends totally on the wrestler. He can't call on a teammate or a coach to bail him out in the middle of a tough match. That self reliance needed to win by doing your job first is very useful especially in a assignment football system like Fritz's.
Thank you (says a current HS wrestling referee and former HS wrestler)!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Another win for Ganci. Who knows about football but the man can wrestle.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/sp ... f6317.html
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Baywave1 wrote:Another win for Ganci. Who knows about football but the man can wrestle.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/sp ... f6317.html
Upper weight class matches almost always end in a pin, as did these. The big boys are seldom so evenly matched, or have the stamina, to go a full 6 minutes. It’s the littler guys who win on points or go to overtime.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Rummel WR Koy Moore decommits from USC. Says a “strained relationship” resulting from a coaching change played into the decision. I don’t know if we have, or currently are, showing interest. If I had to guess, he’ll be playing in state but not here. Arkansas offered last week and they’ve had success recruiting Rummel kids.
Tulane Greenbackers

sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

calling windy -

Joseph Solomon - T/DT 6'5" 260 Bishop Chatard HS Indianapolis, IN

https://twitter.com/josephsolomon23/sta ... 04704?s=20

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8184182/Joseph-Solomon
sr
Regent's Circle