Tulane WBB

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
djh
Coach Level

Tulane WBB

Post by djh »

Tulane- 62
Memphis-61 in OT
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
djh
Coach Level

Re: Tulane WBB

Post by djh »

GOOD JOB LADIES !!!!
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

much needed.. they were in a tailspin after the UConn loss
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

2 more losses, including one to woeful ECU.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

Make it 3 in a row. Lost to 148 Tulsa.
Good thing they don't fill their scholarships year after year....
Rock'n'Roll Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Rock'n'Roll Wave »

More troubling to me is that they’ve lost 6 of their last 7 games, and with the exception of UCONN those losses were to teams with worse records. Seems like other teams figured out real quickly how to defend us.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

My concern is that the team is continuing years of a slow but steady decline.

Women's golf has long been off the rails and women's tennis is joining the party. Of course men's hoops is leading the pack.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Stockton and company take down 20-win UCF by 2 pts. Erin Gutierrez with 10 assists at PG and a steal plus 2 FTs with 2.8 seconds left to win it 61-59; Krystal Freeman with 25 pts and 10 Rebs did her part too.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

randymc wrote:Stockton and company take down 20-win UCF by 2 pts. Erin Gutierrez with 10 assists at PG and a steal plus 2 FTs with 2.8 seconds left to win it 61-59; Krystal Freeman with 25 pts and 10 Rebs did her part too.
No decline here. Great win and contribution by Frosh Gutierrez. Maybe they'll fill the two non used scholarships next year.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

GSx wrote:My concern is that the team is continuing years of a slow but steady decline.

Women's golf has long been off the rails and women's tennis is joining the party. Of course men's hoops is leading the pack.
I appreciate them, but in reality, if the 3 major men’s teams were top 25, not many people would care if women’s sports even existed.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

waverider wrote:
GSx wrote:My concern is that the team is continuing years of a slow but steady decline.

I appreciate them, but in reality, if the 3 major men’s teams were top 25, not many people would care if women’s sports even existed.
Presume you're speaking totally for yourself. Really?? What alternate world are you hanging in ?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Rider—- certainly not true for me

And at a lot of schools, people care a lot more about WBB than college baseball
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

UConn is tops in the AAC in baseball right now. Anyone want to compare their baseball and WBB attendance? Easy, lazy example, but makes the point.

And as I've said here before, outside of the south, California, and a few other places, college baseball is not thought of at all. (ducks and covers from the oncoming wrath of tjtlja)
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

People in the midwest have no idea college baseball exists. Womens sports get some coverage, however.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Let's not start this. We have a Midwestern conference mate where baseball is bigger than basketball. And I think our English professor misplaced the "more" in his statement. I'd say it's likely that more people care vs people caring more. How much can one actually care about women's basketball?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I'm guessing you're talking about Wichita State? Different folks have definitions of Midwest and folks in the Illinois-Indiana-Ohio-Michigan region don't consider Kansas and Nebraska as Midwest.** More like "central plains". Plus I did say there were a "few other places" which was my lazy way of saying "there are obviously a couple of outliers to the rule because it's not perfectly black and white".

(**this was an attempt to turn the conversation away from what you asked it be turned from)
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:Let's not start this. We have a Midwestern conference mate where baseball is bigger than basketball. And I think our English professor misplaced the "more" in his statement. I'd say it's likely that more people care vs people caring more. How much can one actually care about women's basketball?
Who did we add overnight?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:Let's not start this. We have a Midwestern conference mate where baseball is bigger than basketball. And I think our English professor misplaced the "more" in his statement. I'd say it's likely that more people care vs people caring more. How much can one actually care about women's basketball?
Who did we add overnight?
Don't worry about it
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:I'm guessing you're talking about Wichita State? Different folks have definitions of Midwest and folks in the Illinois-Indiana-Ohio-Michigan region don't consider Kansas and Nebraska as Midwest.** More like "central plains". Plus I did say there were a "few other places" which was my lazy way of saying "there are obviously a couple of outliers to the rule because it's not perfectly black and white".

(**this was an attempt to turn the conversation away from what you asked it be turned from)
It's ok, I'm in the lazy and correct party too.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:UConn is tops in the AAC in baseball right now. Anyone want to compare their baseball and WBB attendance? Easy, lazy example, but makes the point.

And as I've said here before, outside of the south, California, and a few other places, college baseball is not thought of at all. (ducks and covers from the oncoming wrath of tjtlja)
The conversation is about Tulane though, right? And Tulane is in perhaps the epicenter of college baseball fandom, so the fact that no one in Vermont cares isn't really relevant.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote:The conversation is about Tulane though, right?
I dunno, ask 'rider, he started it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote:UConn is tops in the AAC in baseball right now. Anyone want to compare their baseball and WBB attendance? Easy, lazy example, but makes the point.

Pete, you got me fired up! But since it is Valentine’s Day, I will say only this - women’s basketball vs. little league baseball, C’mmon Man!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I completely understand your love for it and I know it's big down there but I've watched the local news here every day for 15 years since I moved back and I've heard UC or XU baseball mentioned maybe a combined twice in that time (I remember they did a little story on Xavier making the NCAA once - it caught my attention because I was shocked to hear college baseball mentioned here). I'm good friends with a guy (our daughters play hoops together and we sit together at most games) who is a huge Xavier booster, used to have Chris Mack out to fish in the pond at his house, season ticket holder, travels to away games, etc.... I asked him something about Xavier baseball last week and he looked at me like I had two heads. "I don't know a thing about our baseball team." (note he refers to XU as "our" yet still doesn't follow baseball)

Honestly, I think college baseball has following where there is no MLB team nearby, and has little following in and around MLB cities. There's very little MLB in the southeast (Atlanta doesn't count because no one there is from there). Come to think of it, you can almost literally link Rice's rise and fall as exactly inverse to the Astros fall and rise. Coincidence? Maybe, I dunno.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

Do you really not know if that’s a coincidence? I feel like that’s the definition of a coincidence. There’s obviously zero relationship between the two things