Andy Cannizaro

In memory of Howie, Sr., get Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 11102
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by ml wave »

Wait didn't Trey Guillot play for us as well?

visualmagic
President's Circle
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by visualmagic »

ml wave wrote:Wait didn't Trey Guillot play for us as well?
He did

ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 11102
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by ml wave »

visualmagic wrote:
ml wave wrote:Wait didn't Trey Guillot play for us as well?
He did
Weird, but maybe not a coincidence?

gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6949
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Wichita

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by gerryb323 »

ml wave wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:Andy Cannizaro named baseball coach at Holy Cross effective June 1

https://www.nola.com/sports/2019/02/and ... cross.html

I liked everything in the article except the "Go Tigers" part :wink:

I've got to think if I'm a young man who thinks he can play college ball one day, AC would be a guy I would look hard at.
And I've got to think if you're a young woman, AC would be a guy who would look...nevermind.
Holy Cross is all male, no?
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6949
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Wichita

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by gerryb323 »

GreenieBacker wrote:Andy Cannizaro named baseball coach at Holy Cross effective June 1

https://www.nola.com/sports/2019/02/and ... cross.html

I liked everything in the article except the "Go Tigers" part :wink:

I've got to think if I'm a young man who thinks he can play college ball one day, AC would be a guy I would look hard at.
Holy Cross is the Tigers too
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6949
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Wichita

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by gerryb323 »

Do we thinks he steers his guys to LSU over us?
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

User avatar
doncecco
President's Circle
Posts: 3650
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:37 pm
Location: North Haven, CT

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by doncecco »

Guy LeCompte, HC Football coach and AD, was at Mandeville a long time, where Yank went to high school.

Yank's dad is a well-respected 1972 graduate of HC.

As an HC and Tulane alum, I am happy regarding this hire and hope Yank can achieve some redemption and find his way back to the next level. Others have been given the same opportunity before him.
Bring home da Wave!

visualmagic
President's Circle
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by visualmagic »

gerryb323 wrote:Do we thinks he steers his guys to LSU over us?
No, he and Mainieri didn’t end on good terms.

User avatar
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle
Posts: 20886
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Location: New Orleans

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by GreenieBacker »

Gerry, clearly he was referring to Holy Cross. I just thought it was funny seeing a Tulane guy like AC saying those words. That’s all.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.

gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6949
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Wichita

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by gerryb323 »

GreenieBacker wrote:Gerry, clearly he was referring to Holy Cross. I just thought it was funny seeing a Tulane guy like AC saying those words. That’s all.
I didn't read it, so I have no context. And he did work there, right? And I figured he might harbor ill will toward us since we didn't hire him last go 'round.
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

tjtlja
President's Circle
Posts: 4227
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by tjtlja »

Gerry, changing the subject. What is going on with Wichita State baseball? Is Todd Butler still the head coach? He recruited my son when he was at Arkansas. I thought he would turn that thing around quickly, but they appear to be struggling.

gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6949
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Wichita

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by gerryb323 »

tjtlja wrote:Gerry, changing the subject. What is going on with Wichita State baseball? Is Todd Butler still the head coach? He recruited my son when he was at Arkansas. I thought he would turn that thing around quickly, but they appear to be struggling.
Apparently so

https://www.google.com/search?q=todd+bu ... e&ie=UTF-8
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

User avatar
doncecco
President's Circle
Posts: 3650
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:37 pm
Location: North Haven, CT

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Post by doncecco »

doncecco wrote:Guy LeCompte, HC Football coach and AD, was at Mandeville a long time, where Yank went to high school.

Yank's dad is a well-respected 1972 graduate of HC.

As an HC and Tulane alum, I am happy regarding this hire and hope Yank can achieve some redemption and find his way back to the next level. Others have been given the same opportunity before him.
Well, I had that wrong. Yank went to St. Paul's. I guess he was just from Mandeville. Bad assumption.
Bring home da Wave!

Post Reply