What rules did that thread break?

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
visualmagic
President's Circle

What rules did that thread break?

Unread post by visualmagic »

Are threads just locked now because a mod doesn’t like it?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: What rules did that thread break?

Unread post by windywave »

Yes
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Now? Ice bulldog strikes again!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
visualmagic
President's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:Now? Ice bulldog strikes again!
He’s got closer stuff
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

The rule of "Geez, since y'all can't let a pointless and subjective argument with no answer go after three or four friggin pages, I guess we'll have to stop you ourselves."

I think I speak for the 97% of us regulars who weren't in the argument when I say, "I wish I'd had a minute's notice that the thread was going to be locked so I could say 'thank you' to the mod for locking it".

Seriously, it's like baseball fans need to b!tch about something and since the team is actually winning, we need to come up with some minutiae to ramble on about for multiple pages.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

I was enjoying it
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:The rule of "Geez, since y'all can't let a pointless and subjective argument with no answer go after three or four friggin pages, I guess we'll have to stop you ourselves."

I think I speak for the 97% of us regulars who weren't in the argument when I say, "I wish I'd had a minute's notice that the thread was going to be locked so I could say 'thank you' to the mod for locking it".

Seriously, it's like baseball fans need to b!tch about something and since the team is actually winning, we need to come up with some minutiae to ramble on about for multiple pages.
When did you get old?
#cousins don't count
MattK
President's Circle

Unread post by MattK »

PeteRasche wrote:The rule of "Geez, since y'all can't let a pointless and subjective argument with no answer go after three or four friggin pages, I guess we'll have to stop you ourselves."

But now we’ll never know if discussing/defining/arguing about a bulldog mentality could overtake Lindsey Scott
visualmagic
President's Circle

There’s more b!tching in your post alone than there was in that entire thread.

If you saw the discussion, got annoyed by it and continued to read it for multiple pages, it’s kind of on you at that point.
I see pointless arguments/discussion that I don’t care about quite often on here. I don’t ask for the threads to be locked because I realize that it’s one of the risks of reading a message board and just because I don’t enjoy a particular discussion doesn’t mean that nobody should be allowed to have it.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Amen.

Bottom line is the board was created for discussion. I hate when it gets ugly, but the previous conversation was not. Just conversation.

Baseball is the only successful program we have ever had at Tulane, so yes we are going to discuss it. And this nonsense about bitchen when things are going well is ridiculous. Everyone on this board is so excited about the season so far and where this may be going. Discussing how personnel could be used justifies a thread being locked makes us all wonder what can we discuss. Are we limited to talking about uniform colors, never asking questions about a coaches decision win or lose, and reminiscing about the past. The discussion of Dannen’s endorsement of MD was much more closer to crossing the line than our harmless six page discussion of the definition of a closer.
windywave
Emerald Circle

We're waiting for an answer. I mean why have rules if they are only illusory?
#cousins don't count
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

Lindsey scott has a closer mentality
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Lindsey Scott thread thought it was going to be #1 here, then another thread transferred in
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
windywave
Emerald Circle

Yankeewave wrote:Lindsey scott has a closer mentality
He's closed how many times? Two or three?
#cousins don't count
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:Lindsey Scott thread thought it was going to be #1 here, then another thread transferred in
To be fair, that thread was no bulldog....
windywave
Emerald Circle

I notice no mod is willing to opine.
#cousins don't count
noladave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by noladave »

2. Post the truth. If you are unsure, do not post it. Personal insults of Tulane players, coaches, administrators or fellow posters are not allowed. Members of YOGWF can post their thoughts and opinions without resorting to the lowest form of expression. Do not call for the firing of a coach during their season. A head coach should be judged on their body of work, which is an entire season. Do not post rumors on player injuries or contribute rumors concerning anything to do with information inflammatory or harmful to Tulane University or Tulane Athletics (See above concerning posting the truth). (These are common sense rules to avoid potential harm to our athletic programs).
windywave
Emerald Circle

noladave wrote:2. Post the truth. If you are unsure, do not post it. Personal insults of Tulane players, coaches, administrators or fellow posters are not allowed. Members of YOGWF can post their thoughts and opinions without resorting to the lowest form of expression. Do not call for the firing of a coach during their season. A head coach should be judged on their body of work, which is an entire season. Do not post rumors on player injuries or contribute rumors concerning anything to do with information inflammatory or harmful to Tulane University or Tulane Athletics (See above concerning posting the truth). (These are common sense rules to avoid potential harm to our athletic programs).
Which subclause was violated? Can you provide an example?
#cousins don't count
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

In case visualmagjic asks "why was THIS post locked?"

7. Any actions or activity by YOGWF's administrators or moderators (e.g. the editing of a rule-breaking post, the deletion of a rule-breaking post or locking of a thread) including ANY posting or discussion of ANY moderation activity will not be discussed on the main forums. This is non-negotiable, and such a post will be deleted. The subsequent breaking of this rule will result in a vacation from YOGWF.com. Any questions, comments or complaints can use the "Complaints/Suggestions" Forum. State your "Complaint/Suggestion" in the forum and an answer will be forthcoming. The "Complaints/Suggestions" Forum is not a debate forum, a forum for public discourse about past alleged wrongs or a place to support your friend or best friend poster. Nor is it a forum to air your alleged personal grievances or practice your real or imagined legal skills. The protocol is simple - post your complaint or suggestion and wait for an answer. If you have a more serious matter, inquiry, complaint or question, please send an email to JtS at bento153-joseki@yahoo.com. Put YOGWF in the subject line. Your email will be answered.

Instead of deleting, I locked because deleting would have prevented the explanation from being provided.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest