UCSB

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

UCSB

Post by Yankeewave »

big series

D1 has the front story about us, but behind a pay wall
ForeverTU
Regent's Circle

Re: UCSB

Post by ForeverTU »

Need good Keegan back. If he can come through with say 5 solid that’d be huge. Let’s get the sweep boys!
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Yankeewave wrote:big series

D1 has the front story about us, but behind a pay wall
Linked on Twitter should be able to link it here... but probably not the whole article.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

What exactly can we discuss in this thread? Can we give an opinion win or lose? Can we talk about personnel? Can we discuss coaching decisions and particular matchups? Not trying to be a smart azz ar all, but what can we talk about?
double d
Coach Level

Post by double d »

tjtlja wrote:What exactly can we discuss in this thread? Can we give an opinion win or lose? Can we talk about personnel? Can we discuss coaching decisions and particular matchups? Not trying to be a smart azz ar all, but what can we talk about?

The weather?
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Are we keeping the same saturday pitcher?
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

Uniforms? Hot chocolate?
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

GretnaGrn wrote:Uniforms? Hot chocolate?
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Just no Bulldogs ...
StPeteWave
Navigator Level

Post by StPeteWave »

I think we played them last year (maybe the year before) at their place. I think we split with them amid some complaints about the umpiring. Whatever the case, this is an important series and taking it would be a great springboard into conference play. Let's break the hammer and ROLL.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

ForeverTU wrote:Need good Keegan back. If he can come through with say 5 solid that’d be huge. Let’s get the sweep boys!
I think we have the Keagan we’ve always had. Throws hard, very little movement on the ball, and his out pitch is the homerun ball.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

I'm going to try out a new good luck icon on here (and no I can't help myself). Let's get a win!

Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

tjtlja wrote:What exactly can we discuss in this thread? Can we give an opinion win or lose? Can we talk about personnel? Can we discuss coaching decisions and particular matchups? Not trying to be a smart azz ar all, but what can we talk about?
I had nothing to do with that thread getting locked, nor do I really care either way.. but in my opinion, still talking about the Army loss and the corresponding thread jacks had reached "pointless."

I'm pretty sure you know what can and should be discussed in regards to this weekend's series. I'm reading your commentary not as smartassery, but a tangential whine. Always keep in mind you are not forced to read this forum, nor participate.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Gauchos - "plenty peanut stuff in the middle."
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
I had nothing to do with that thread getting locked, nor do I really care either way.. but in my opinion, still talking about the Army loss and the corresponding thread jacks had reached "pointless."

I'm pretty sure you know what can and should be discussed in regards to this weekend's series. I'm reading your commentary not as smartassery, but a tangential whine. Always keep in mind you are not forced to read this forum, nor participate.
John principle if the matter. I really didn't participate in the thread but it should not have been locked.

Simple questions: Did the thread violate the rules? If so which one(s) and provide an example(s).
Do we not lock threads that are duplicates or that don't merit any discussion? Where is that in the "rules?" It appears to me it was admin discretion.. I do believe the commentary on a dead horse receiving additional flogging was uttered.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

TU77CAL82 wrote:Gauchos - "plenty peanut stuff in the middle."
this only reinforces my thought that I'm not totally insane.. because that's EXACTLY what I think of when I see or hear "gauchos"
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

read these "rules boy"

7. Any actions or activity by YOGWF's administrators or moderators (e.g. the editing of a rule-breaking post, the deletion of a rule-breaking post or locking of a thread) including ANY posting or discussion of ANY moderation activity will not be discussed on the main forums. This is non-negotiable, and such a post will be deleted. The subsequent breaking of this rule will result in a vacation from YOGWF.com. Any questions, comments or complaints can use the "Complaints/Suggestions" Forum. State your "Complaint/Suggestion" in the forum and an answer will be forthcoming. The "Complaints/Suggestions" Forum is not a debate forum, a forum for public discourse about past alleged wrongs or a place to support your friend or best friend poster. Nor is it a forum to air your alleged personal grievances or practice your real or imagined legal skills. The protocol is simple - post your complaint or suggestion and wait for an answer. If you have a more serious matter, inquiry, complaint or question, please send an email to JtS at bento153-joseki@yahoo.com. Put YOGWF in the subject line. Your email will be answered.

8. Regulation of the activity of this board is not strictly limited to these guidelines. The "spirit of the rules" will be enforced as judged by the forum administrators and moderators. We use our judgment in regulating board activity with administrators and the moderators being the ultimate arbiter. Posts deemed breaking the YOGWF rules will be edited and deleted. Continued violators will be warned via PM. If the issues continue, subsequent vacations or dismissal from YOGWF will be used as a final result. Moreover, if admin or moderator is in error, a rule is deemed unnecessary or a change needs to be made, we are open to the honesty and improvement of the forum.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

StPeteWave wrote:I think we played them last year (maybe the year before) at their place. I think we split with them amid some complaints about the umpiring.
Doesn't sound like us at all.
Victory is never permanent
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

OGSB wrote:
StPeteWave wrote:I think we played them last year (maybe the year before) at their place. I think we split with them amid some complaints about the umpiring.
Doesn't sound like us at all.

We played them two years ago and were thoroughly swept. I was at all three games and umpiring played no factor. We were whipped and Jewett looked like a JV coach, and we played accordingly.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:I'm going to try out a new good luck icon on here (and no I can't help myself). Let's get a win!

But does he have ice water in his veins?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Back to our regularly scheduled programming: LSU has rescheduled its Sunday game with CAL to a DH tomorrow because Sunday forecast underachieves.

Any word if Tulane will do same with UCSB?
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Baywave1 wrote:Back to our regularly scheduled programming: LSU has rescheduled its Sunday game with CAL to a DH tomorrow because Sunday forecast underachieves...
Maybe if they don't play on Sunday, they reserve the right to term it a "meaningless midweek game" if they lose.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Baywave1 wrote:Back to our regularly scheduled programming: LSU has rescheduled its Sunday game with CAL to a DH tomorrow because Sunday forecast underachieves.

Any word if Tulane will do same with UCSB?
I caught the end of the postgame show leaving the game tonight and Graf said a decision will be made tomorrow.
Tulane Greenbackers

visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

Not enough bulldogs on this pitching staff
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

visualmagic wrote:Not enough bulldogs on this pitching staff
I said the same thing to myself at the game.

Unlike what Jewett said preseason, we WILL have to score 9/10 runs a game to win. Our bullpen is still bad and we don’t have a Saturday starter.
Tulane Greenbackers