Robin Perry?

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Robin Perry?

Unread post by NJwave »

Verbal commits shows we have a commitment from Robin Perry a guard from Orlando. When you go to his twitter page he mentions in early March he committed to Tulane and is wearing our uniform. Lots of retweets about it at the time. I don’t remember hearing anything about him before Dunleavy was let go and certainly nothing since. Only other offers listed are Texas Southern and USC Upstate. Could this be the case of somebody who we reached out to and he was overzealous when he never actually had an offer?
randymc
President's Circle

Re: Robin Perry?

Unread post by randymc »

First I have heard of him too. His HS team won the 2018 9A championship in Florida with Perry scoring 32 in the finals. He played on the same team as LSU's Emmitt Williams and Memphis' Antwann Jones. He was at 4A Sports Academy (a first year program that went 24-9), finishing a prep school season most recently.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

This late in the process, I would expect us to get a player with very few quality offers, especially where we are as a program. The transfer route may hold better players, but it will be crap shoot. Hoping for the best, but it is going to be tough at this point and hopefully everyone understands this.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

tjtlja wrote:This late in the process, I would expect us to get a player with very few quality offers, especially where we are as a program. The transfer route may hold better players, but it will be crap shoot. Hoping for the best, but it is going to be tough at this point and hopefully everyone understands this.
Agree. Tulane is more likely to improve some next season if Hunter can just coach up the existing team and then improve it with new players in due course. If nothing else, I do think Hunter would stop our regular trips to beatdown city even if team has losing record just like Fritz did when he arrived.

Worst answer will be current team massively churns and Hunter can't find better players in next few weeks. Then he will be recruiting bodies from the Dorm League and the football team. Although the grad transfer route might turn up an interesting player or two as noted elsewhere.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Baywave1 wrote:Worst answer will be current team massively churns and Hunter can't find better players in next few weeks.
I said this before and I will say it again: I've heard from (multiple sources now) that Hunter is not running anyone off and that all the existing players are on board with him (I have NOT specifically heard anything about Sehic reversing course or not). It seems highly unlikely but he has that charisma... maybe the players truly believe.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

Hunter strikes me as a guy that would be fun to play for. Also maybe he convinced them that they have something to prove, that they're better than their record showed. Last year had to be brutal for them.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Be nice when the dust finally settles and we know who's on the team, who the New Orleans/Louisiana connected coach is and who the recruits that will enter next fall are. Like now.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Unread post by CT Wave »

Be nice when we win games. :mrgreen:
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

sr wrote:Be nice when the dust finally settles and we know who's on the team, who the New Orleans/Louisiana connected coach is and who the recruits that will enter next fall are. Like now.
Patience, grasshoppa. Hunter has been on the job nine days and four of those were weekend. He probably just learned to spell beignet. Coach seems pretty high energy so I’m sure once he has something to tell, we’ll know.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

TUPF wrote:
sr wrote:Be nice when the dust finally settles and we know who's on the team, who the New Orleans/Louisiana connected coach is and who the recruits that will enter next fall are. Like now.
Patience, grasshoppa. Hunter has been on the job nine days and four of those were weekend. He probably just learned to spell beignet. Coach seems pretty high energy so I’m sure once he has something to tell, we’ll know.
… yeah, and then comes Tchoupitoulas :mrgreen:
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

CT Wave wrote:Be nice when we win games. :mrgreen:
Even moral victories would be a step up
Victory is never permanent
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

No more beatdowns. No more moral victories.

We just need our new coach to channel his inner Kevin Costner as Wyatt Earp and slam open the doors entering Hertz (our Dodge City Saloon if you will) and forcefully and loudly address the team, "I'm Ron Hunter. This all stops now!"

Either that or find a magic feather and take them to the Dumbo afternoon matinee.
angrywavedad
Breaker Level

Unread post by angrywavedad »

GreenieBacker wrote:Hunter strikes me as a guy that would be fun to play for. Also maybe he convinced them that they have something to prove, that they're better than their record showed. Last year had to be brutal for them.
He did sort of hint in his presser remarks that the kids had been poorly served by the prior staff and that they were good enough to do much better. I’d expect his private comments to them were more forceful and optimistic.
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

He committed to Tulane on twitter on March 9th

https://twitter.com/robin_perry01/statu ... 8327801857
randymc
President's Circle

Unread post by randymc »

...and on Twitter this week (a month after committing to Tulane, apparently when Mike Dunleavy was coach) Perry has reopened his recruitment, no longer coming to Tulane. Best guess: Coach Hunter not interested in this player.