Hot Rod Williams

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Hot Rod Williams

Unread post by OGSB »

Click bait slide show: The best NBA player from every major college program
TULANE: HOT ROD WILLIAMS
Hot Rod Williams overcame controversy in college to have a solid NBA career. He was a Cleveland Cavalier for the first nine seasons of his time in the NBA and averaged double-digits in each of them. He also was solid on the boards, grabbing nearly seven per game.
Victory is never permanent
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Hot Rod Williams

Unread post by TUPF »

It may have been clickbait but it worked for me. I paged through all the school notables and can say it definitely brought back some great memories to this old(ish) guy.

The memory of Arkansas’ Sidney Moncrief on the cover of SI with a demonic look on his face as he was gliding in for a rim rattler came flooding back.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I don't think there's even any debate about who gets the nod from Tulane. No one else even comes close, right?
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

PeteRasche wrote:I don't think there's even any debate about who gets the nod from Tulane. No one else even comes close, right?
Didn't Paul Thompson play in the NBA? Not as good as Hot Rod, but a candidate.
Plan your work, work your plan.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

Paul played briefly with the Cleveland Cavaliers. I went to see him when Cleveland came into town to lay the Jazz.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

GreenieBacker wrote:Paul played briefly with the Cleveland Cavaliers. I went to see him when Cleveland came into town to lay the Jazz.
Linton Johnson, played for the Bulls for a couple years, the the Hornets. Saw him play in New Orleans a few times. Wonder if windy saw him in Chicago. We may never know since he's suspended indefinitely, apparently.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Dude, we get it.
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

gerryb323 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:Paul played briefly with the Cleveland Cavaliers. I went to see him when Cleveland came into town to lay the Jazz.
Linton Johnson, played for the Bulls for a couple years, the the Hornets. Saw him play in New Orleans a few times. Wonder if windy saw him in Chicago. We may never know since he's suspended indefinitely, apparently.
Ban this man, too. Seriously. This is a very serious attempt to disrupt every active discussion on here. Surely the mods realize that this will chase discussion and enjoyment off of here.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

long green wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Ban this man, too. Seriously. This is a very serious attempt to disrupt every active discussion on here. Surely the mods realize that this will chase discussion and enjoyment off of here.
Yep! Ban them all!!!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

long green wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Get over it. He’s messing around on a message board. Try not to take this place so seriously