Teshaun Hightower 3* from UGA headed to the Wave

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: Teshaun Hightower 3* from UGA headed to the Wave

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

Embo would make 2 if he stays
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

GreenieBacker wrote:Embo would make 2 if he stays
I was just going to add that. Are we sure he's leaving?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

at this point gerry, I have no idea who's staying and who is going. Other than the confirmed transfers like Wood. But if Embo returns, he and Walker might be a short term solution at PG.
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Walker is the long term point guard. He’ll be a sophomore this coming season.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

Even with Embo and Walker we need a good starting PG.
We deserve so much better
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

lg, short term solution because after this year, IF HE STAYS, Embo will be gone and we'll need more at PG than just Walker.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

Assuming Ona-Embo is back, I would be stunned if he and Walker aren't the starting back court together. Zhang and Days will be the starting small forward and power forward respectively and I guess Koka at center. Given the fact that we won't be playing man to man, traditional positions are much less defined. Of course we will need guard quickness to force turnovers and guys down low to rebound and hopefully a shot blocker for when the traps are beaten.

I think a guy like Zhang could thrive under Hunter. Zhang should mature a lot both physically and mentally from last year and he does have nice offensive moves and a sweet looking shot. He won't be looking over his shoulder worried about being pulled every time he makes a mistake and won't have to guard anybody man to man meaning he won't be exposed defensively.

Maybe I am a bit optimistic, but I will be the first to say we are going to be over .500 no matter who is on the roster.
angrywavedad
Breaker Level

Unread post by angrywavedad »

NJwave wrote:Assuming Ona-Embo is back, I would be stunned if he and Walker aren't the starting back court together. Zhang and Days will be the starting small forward and power forward respectively and I guess Koka at center. Given the fact that we won't be playing man to man, traditional positions are much less defined. Of course we will need guard quickness to force turnovers and guys down low to rebound and hopefully a shot blocker for when the traps are beaten.

I think a guy like Zhang could thrive under Hunter. Zhang should mature a lot both physically and mentally from last year and he does have nice offensive moves and a sweet looking shot. He won't be looking over his shoulder worried about being pulled every time he makes a mistake and won't have to guard anybody man to man meaning he won't be exposed defensively.

Maybe I am a bit optimistic, but I will be the first to say we are going to be over .500 no matter who is on the roster.
For the 2019-20 season, what will matter to me will be how they play, not who plays.
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

gerryb323 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:Is there any way he becomes eligible next year?

Randy, do you know any other players we are currently recruiting?
Asks for waiver. Receives waiver. No one's getting denied right now
Except for the football player from Charleston who went to VT whose mom had brain cancer or something. He got denied, because, the NCAA.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

FW wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:Is there any way he becomes eligible next year?

Randy, do you know any other players we are currently recruiting?
Asks for waiver. Receives waiver. No one's getting denied right now
Except for the football player from Charleston who went to VT whose mom had brain cancer or something. He got denied, because, the NCAA.
I mean sure, players who deserve them aren't getting them. But everyone else is. Ironically, the VT/Charleston player didn't play the coaching change card, which has been successful seemingly every time this off-season. He's appealing. It's almost as if the NCAA is taking a hard turn after the blowback from Fields/Martell fiasco.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

FW, that was the most ridiculous thing. Kid moves back to be closer to his Mom, but NCAA says 150 miles is not close enough. Yet, Lspuke can pay $300k for a player and that is ok. Those lazy azzes at the ncaa won’t even bother in sending anyone to the trial. Gets my blood boiling.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

I'll give credit to the players who played on last year's team, the fought hard to the bitter end, there was no give up that I could see. The coaching let them down. So like AWD, I'm most interested in how whoever is on this year's team plays scheme wise with new coaching