LSU Basketball

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

LSU Basketball

Post by tjtlja »

Just read an article on ESPN that six schools will be notified of serious violations stemming from the basketball trials. Another group of schools will also be given notifications. In the article, there were about 12 schools mentioned and Lsu’s name did not appear once. Please tell me I am blind. Is this getting any local play in New Orleans?
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: LSU Basketball

Post by ml wave »

tjtlja wrote:Just read an article on ESPN that six schools will be notified of serious violations stemming from the basketball trials. Another group of schools will also be given notifications. In the article, there were about 12 schools mentioned and Lsu’s name did not appear once. Please tell me I am blind. Is this getting any local play in New Orleans?
I put on WWL in the car last night hoping to hear some Pelicans talk (silly me) and they were talking about it extensively with some guy named Seth Dunlop who, unlike everyone else, didn't sound like a total moron.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

saw that article too and wondered how LSU managed to not get mentioned... and how they could possibly escape any kind of discipline for their coach being on a wire tap talking about a "strong a88 offer" to a recruit
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Seriously, you started a second thread with the same title on the same topic while the old one (which you started too) is still on the page right below? C'mon.

If this were in that thread (ahem) I'd point to my quote a few posts upthread which said:
The new AD at LSU is married to Mark Emmert's daughter. The same mark emmert who is head of the ncaa. The same mark emmert who was the former LSU chancellor. Hmmmm, wonder how that happened.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

The very little I’ve seen locally is mostly lsu homers who would think you are crazy for even thinking this has anything to do with them and their completely innocent coach.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote:Seriously, you started a second thread with the same title on the same topic while the old one (which you started too) is still on the page right below? C'mon.

If this were in that thread (ahem) I'd point to my quote a few posts upthread which said:
The new AD at LSU is married to Mark Emmert's daughter. The same mark emmert who is head of the ncaa. The same mark emmert who was the former LSU chancellor. Hmmmm, wonder how that happened.
Come on Pete, is it that big of a deal - merging threads? I didn’t remember starting a thread with the same title. Different day, different news story. Shoot me.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

It's literally 13 below this one.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Big deal. It’s a new day, new article, new news. I think there are a lot more things to worry about than merging threads. Like the thousands of threads covering uniforms. Since you are into this, merge those threads together. It will be over a thousand pages. Come on, really.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

PeteRasche wrote:It's literally 13 below this one.
Absolutely Pete. If you're not sure the topic has been published previously it's called SEARCH. Spend a few seconds to see if the topic already exists. It's a great tool - and quick.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

tjtlja wrote:Big deal. It’s a new day, new article, new news. I think there are a lot more things to worry about than merging threads. Like the thousands of threads covering uniforms. Since you are into this, merge those threads together. It will be over a thousand pages. Come on, really.
Why don't you merge them?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Tjtlja has as much power to merge them as I do!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:Tjtlja has as much power to merge them as I do!
Well I don't know what he's waiting for
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

PeteRasche wrote:Tjtlja has as much power to merge them as I do!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Can't remember (and since the threads aren't merged, it's not as easy to find... :razz: ), but weren't the Wade audio tapes ruled as inadmissible in the trial (which he annoyingly claimed as proof he didn't do anything)? Believe the NCAA is focusing on the evidence admitted in trial first since that's what they can get their hands on.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

ml wave wrote:Can't remember (and since the threads aren't merged, it's not as easy to find... :razz: ), but weren't the Wade audio tapes ruled as inadmissible in the trial (which he annoyingly claimed as proof he didn't do anything)? Believe the NCAA is focusing on the evidence admitted in trial first since that's what they can get their hands on.
Tapes themselves were inadmissible because they were irrelevant to the case at the time. Transcripts of the tapes were read aloud during the trial
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

I remember that Edwin Edwards used to say something to the effect that the only way he would ever lose an election was if he were to be caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy. I fear that LSU has the same teflon coating...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

sr wrote:
Absolutely Pete. If you're not sure the topic has been published previously it's called SEARCH. Spend a few seconds to see if the topic already exists. It's a great tool - and quick.
Obviously, I am not that smart. Since you are so familiar with SEARCH, why don’t you merge this and while you are at it, merge the same 20 or so topics WE regurgitate over and over. You can start with uniform colors, then Lindsay Scott, then Coach Jewett, then WF, then Dunleavy, then why we can’t win at Tulane, followed by why we can win, etc., etc., etc.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:Can't remember (and since the threads aren't merged, it's not as easy to find... :razz: ), but weren't the Wade audio tapes ruled as inadmissible in the trial (which he annoyingly claimed as proof he didn't do anything)? Believe the NCAA is focusing on the evidence admitted in trial first since that's what they can get their hands on.
Tapes themselves were inadmissible because they were irrelevant to the case at the time. Transcripts of the tapes were read aloud during the trial
Well, that's good.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

tjtlja wrote:
sr wrote:
Obviously, I am not that smart. Since you are so familiar with SEARCH, why don’t you merge this and while you are at it, merge the same 20 or so topics WE regurgitate over and over. You can start with uniform colors, then Lindsay Scott, then Coach Jewett, then WF, then Dunleavy, then why we can’t win at Tulane, followed by why we can win, etc., etc., etc.
Alas, just a wee user w/o the magic and/or credentials to merge topics. 8)
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

It took a while but the shoes are starting to fall.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... violations

What's the O/U on the next date, Wade's attorney advises the new Tiger AD that Coach Wade can't make the NCAA interview because he has to rearrange his sock drawer?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Probably deserves its own thread but Kansas being notified of major violations.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... li=BBnb7Kz

Note even the media are throwing up their hands and saying blue bloods like Kansas will probably get a slap on the wrist.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

....& yet they will get away with a wrist slap by reporting these little infractions while hiding the MAJOR ones.
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

DAAAAAAAAANG.

Quite possibly the best thing I have ever seen in a national media publication trying to explain what our little unlistened-to Tulane voices have been screaming for years (into the void):
In the film, Dawkins even applauded Wade for avoiding criminal charges and keeping his job.

"Just the audacity. You've got to take your hat off to him, man," Dawkins said. "He not only didn't get charged for anything, not only did the government have all of this information and evidence and nothing was happening on a criminal level, he also basically just said f--- you to the NCAA and the university he worked for ... and he still got to keep his job and make millions of dollars. It's like the perfect storm.

"Will Wade is definitely a f---ing gangster for what he did."
So LSU is being investigated for both football and basketball violations. LSU is doing everything they can to keep the football clean ... 10 friggin' pages of groveling I suspect (italics by me):
The Infractions Referral Committee (IRC) will decide whether the LSU case is handled by the IARP. In a 10-page letter to the IRC, LSU's attorneys did not object to the basketball matter being adjudicated by the IARP, as long as three allegations involving the school's football program aren't included in the case.
... and you know damn well they'll throw basketball under the bus if it keeps football safe. That's why they set Wade up to fall like this:
As part of Wade's reinstatement, he agreed to an amended contract that included a new stipulation that allows the university to fire him with cause if he's found to have committed Level I or Level II violations. Under the terms of the amended contract, Wade agreed to forfeit a $250,000 performance bonus for the 2018-19 season. He also agreed not to sue the university if he's fired with cause.
And things probably don't look good for Mr. Wade in light of:
In the referral letter to the IRC, Duncan argued that the basketball and football investigations should be adjudicated together.

"The potential football allegations share certain patterns with the basketball investigation, including booster involvement in NCAA violations," Duncan wrote. "The behaviors related to football also could inform on general institutional allegations, such as potential failure to monitor, and applicable aggravating or mitigating factors."
BACONWAVE wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:28 pm....& yet they will get away with a wrist slap by reporting these little infractions while hiding the MAJOR ones.
99% of the time I would agree with you but to me this isn't "we'll say we did some minor stuff so you ignore the major", this is "we'll take a major, national-top-sports-story-level hit to our basketball team as long as you sweep the football stuff under the rug". Heck, they might even let the NCAA forfeit their national championship last year because, let's face it, those forfeitures mean nothing and all the money and goodwill has already been made.
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

And none of this even includes the possibility they swept multiple rape reports against their star RB under the rug.
Bring home da Wave!