Ian Gibaut called up to the Rays

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Ian Gibaut called up to the Rays

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

https://twitter.com/juanctoribio/status ... 7171997696

Brendan McKay (former Louisville 2 way guy) sent back down to Durham, and our guy gets the call
I'd expect them to call McKay back up after the all-star break, they want to have an extra arm for the weekend and he didn't pitch terribly in 2 starts
Ian will get his chance to stick on the squad in the meantime.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Re: Ian Gibaut called up to the Rays

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Very cool. He and Jake Roger's were closest to getting a call up so I look forward to seeing him make his debut.
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Unread post by Tulane49 »

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Ian made his debut tonight for the Rays. Pitched two innings and gave up two earned runs on two walks and a hit. Rays were up big so it was a low leverage chance for him to get his first appearance under his belt. He is the 32nd former Green Wave to appear in the bigs.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Optioned back to Durham. Seems like the Ray's are rotating guys around a lot so he may be back before the end of the year
MNAlum
Coach Level

Unread post by MNAlum »

Pitched 2 scoreless innings last night for Rangers vs. Twins. Looked good with serious heat.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

MNAlum wrote:Pitched 2 scoreless innings last night for Rangers vs. Twins. Looked good with serious heat.
So no one mentioned that he was traded to the Rangers a week after his debut with Tampa... I was really confused that he pitched for the Rangers when the post above it says the Rays sent him down to the minors...

I just looked up the box score and Gibaut is not listed in the game, but if you look at his personal stats it shows him having pitched in that game. Somebody did something wrong in the official box score... :?
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

PeteRasche wrote:
MNAlum wrote:Pitched 2 scoreless innings last night for Rangers vs. Twins. Looked good with serious heat.
So no one mentioned that he was traded to the Rangers a week after his debut with Tampa... I was really confused that he pitched for the Rangers when the post above it says the Rays sent him down to the minors...
I found out about it as he was in the game too, no offense to Ian but a cup-of-coffee arm being flipped for cash considerations and the ol' Player To Be Named Later wasn't going to be any sort of league insider scoop

that's not an easy ballpark to pitch in, so best of luck to him.