Joseph Solomon, 3* out of Indiana is #20

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

Joseph Solomon, 3* out of Indiana is #20

Unread post by Sophandros »

Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

Re: Joseph Solomon, 3* out of Indiana is #20

Two things:

Indiana is in the Mid-West.

Solomon is an Offensive Lineman.
Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

I've said it before, as have others, but it bears repeating. This staff is building on last year's success, something that I have NEVER seen a Tulane football staff do. This recruiting cycle has a very obvious and significant step up from just last year. Just imagine what this staff can do after we win a conference title. :shock: :mrgreen:
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

Indiana and cincy best offers

Windy smiles
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Yankeewave wrote:Indiana and cincy best offers

Windy smiles
P5 and an AAC contender.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Were not stopping at 22.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

GretnaGrn wrote:I've said it before, as have others, but it bears repeating. This staff is building on last year's success, something that I have NEVER seen a Tulane football staff do. This recruiting cycle has a very obvious and significant step up from just last year. Just imagine what this staff can do after we win a conference title. :shock: :mrgreen:
So imagine what next summer will look like.
Billow
Coach Level

Unread post by Billow »

I’m with you long green too many great players still out there and needs to be filled.
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Unread post by fearthewave »

long green wrote:Were not stopping at 22.
I have at least one more unannounced I believe (which would mean 21). So yeah, I am very interested how we manage this last scholarship/scholarships.
djh
Coach Level

Unread post by djh »

fearthewave wrote:
I have at least one more unannounced I believe (which would mean 21). So yeah, I am very interested how we manage this last scholarship/scholarships.
Very interesting. I have a ? about rivals ratings. You seem to know what's going on so I want to know why rivals has not rated now 5 players that 247 has rated all as 3* players. Some are somewhat high on 247. Why is rivals not rating these players? Do they have a time table like they will come out with new player ratings 60 or 90 days before the December signing date? Do you know of any such thing? Even if the 5 players were 2* in rivals it would mean more points for us. I don't get it. But there are a lot of things I don't get. HELP !!!!
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Unread post by fearthewave »

djh wrote:
fearthewave wrote:
Very interesting. I have a ? about rivals ratings. You seem to know what's going on so I want to know why rivals has not rated now 5 players that 247 has rated all as 3* players. Some are somewhat high on 247. Why is rivals not rating these players? Do they have a time table like they will come out with new player ratings 60 or 90 days before the December signing date? Do you know of any such thing? Even if the 5 players were 2* in rivals it would mean more points for us. I don't get it. But there are a lot of things I don't get. HELP !!!!
What I don't know: what the timetable will be to rate them, as they may have not been seen yet but will be this season

In terms of differences: Rivals tends to be more conservative with giving 3* ratings than 247's composite. That said, I would not read "no stars" as he deserves "no stars" but that the player hasn't been rated.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

djh wrote:
fearthewave wrote:
They rate thousands of kids, it takes some time to get through them all not to mention some will inevitably fall through cracks...I wouldn't sweat it.
djh
Coach Level

Unread post by djh »

fearthewave wrote:
djh wrote:
fearthewave wrote:
What I don't know: what the timetable will be to rate them, as they may have not been seen yet but will be this season

In terms of differences: Rivals tends to be more conservative with giving 3* ratings than 247's composite. That said, I would not read "no stars" as he deserves "no stars" but that the player hasn't been rated.
I agree, that's the way I will read it, thanks.
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

I think there will certainly be a lot of movement between now and next February with new commitments, de-commits, and the transfer portal. Recruiting never stops, and is so fluid. When I look at the class as it currently stands, I think we need some more WR’s, DB’s, and a RB. I think our LB and DT commitments may be upgraded. A lot will happen before the ink is dry.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »