https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 7149405184

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:04 pm 
Regent's Circle

Two things:

Indiana is in the Mid-West.

Solomon is an Offensive Lineman.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:12 pm 
Regent's Circle

I've said it before, as have others, but it bears repeating. This staff is building on last year's success, something that I have NEVER seen a Tulane football staff do. This recruiting cycle has a very obvious and significant step up from just last year. Just imagine what this staff can do after we win a conference title. :shock: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:12 pm 
Emerald Circle

Indiana and cincy best offers

Windy smiles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:32 pm 
Emerald Circle

Yankeewave wrote:
Indiana and cincy best offers

Windy smiles
P5 and an AAC contender.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:08 pm 
Cornerstone

Were not stopping at 22.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:24 pm 
Regent's Circle

GretnaGrn wrote:
I've said it before, as have others, but it bears repeating. This staff is building on last year's success, something that I have NEVER seen a Tulane football staff do. This recruiting cycle has a very obvious and significant step up from just last year. Just imagine what this staff can do after we win a conference title. :shock: :mrgreen:

So imagine what next summer will look like.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:29 pm 
Coach Level

I’m with you long green too many great players still out there and needs to be filled.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:35 pm 
Breaker Level

long green wrote:
Were not stopping at 22.

I have at least one more unannounced I believe (which would mean 21). So yeah, I am very interested how we manage this last scholarship/scholarships.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:54 pm 
Coach Level

fearthewave wrote:
long green wrote:
Were not stopping at 22.

I have at least one more unannounced I believe (which would mean 21). So yeah, I am very interested how we manage this last scholarship/scholarships.

Very interesting. I have a ? about rivals ratings. You seem to know what's going on so I want to know why rivals has not rated now 5 players that 247 has rated all as 3* players. Some are somewhat high on 247. Why is rivals not rating these players? Do they have a time table like they will come out with new player ratings 60 or 90 days before the December signing date? Do you know of any such thing? Even if the 5 players were 2* in rivals it would mean more points for us. I don't get it. But there are a lot of things I don't get. HELP !!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:17 pm 
Breaker Level

djh wrote:
fearthewave wrote:
long green wrote:
Were not stopping at 22.

Very interesting. I have a ? about rivals ratings. You seem to know what's going on so I want to know why rivals has not rated now 5 players that 247 has rated all as 3* players. Some are somewhat high on 247. Why is rivals not rating these players? Do they have a time table like they will come out with new player ratings 60 or 90 days before the December signing date? Do you know of any such thing? Even if the 5 players were 2* in rivals it would mean more points for us. I don't get it. But there are a lot of things I don't get. HELP !!!!

What I don't know: what the timetable will be to rate them, as they may have not been seen yet but will be this season

In terms of differences: Rivals tends to be more conservative with giving 3* ratings than 247's composite. That said, I would not read "no stars" as he deserves "no stars" but that the player hasn't been rated.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:31 pm 
Emerald Circle

djh wrote:
fearthewave wrote:
long green wrote:
Were not stopping at 22.

They rate thousands of kids, it takes some time to get through them all not to mention some will inevitably fall through cracks...I wouldn't sweat it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:51 pm 
Coach Level

fearthewave wrote:
djh wrote:
fearthewave wrote:
long green wrote:
Were not stopping at 22.

What I don't know: what the timetable will be to rate them, as they may have not been seen yet but will be this season

In terms of differences: Rivals tends to be more conservative with giving 3* ratings than 247's composite. That said, I would not read "no stars" as he deserves "no stars" but that the player hasn't been rated.

I agree, that's the way I will read it, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:59 pm 
President's Circle

I think there will certainly be a lot of movement between now and next February with new commitments, de-commits, and the transfer portal. Recruiting never stops, and is so fluid. When I look at the class as it currently stands, I think we need some more WR’s, DB’s, and a RB. I think our LB and DT commitments may be upgraded. A lot will happen before the ink is dry.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:55 pm 
Regent's Circle

Short interview with Joseph --

https://twitter.com/KyleNeddenriep/status/1161051454641266689?s=20