Why Your Team Sucks

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Why Your Team Sucks

Post by Johnny Mac »

If you haven't been reading this series by Drew Magary every preseason for the NFL, you've been missing out.

The best comedy is actually contained in the real fans' reactions under Drew's assessment.

https://deadspin.com/tag/why-your-team-sucks-2019
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Re: Why Your Team Sucks

Post by GretnaGrn »

Johnny Mac wrote:If you haven't been reading this series by Drew Magary every preseason for the NFL, you've been missing out.

The best comedy is actually contained in the real fans' reactions under Drew's assessment.

Absolutely true. I read it daily (it's a new team each day until the season starts). Always hilarious.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Johnny Mac wrote:If you haven't been reading this series by Drew Magary every preseason for the NFL, you've been missing out.

The Saints' article has apparently scrolled off into oblivion. I can only see 10 teams. I clicked on a "more stories" link, but it took me to prior years.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Haven't done the Saints yet.

This year's highlight is the fan who said Daniel Jones looks like the guy cast to play Eli Manning in a movie about the life of Peyton Manning.

My all time favorite line was "Bills fans tailgate in the same parking lot where they were conceived.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Roller wrote:

The Saints' article has apparently scrolled off into oblivion. I can only see 10 teams. I clicked on a "more stories" link, but it took me to prior years.
they are adding 1 team per day, starting with the worst ending with the Pats.
long green wrote:Haven't done the Saints yet.

This year's highlight is the fan who said Daniel Jones looks like the guy cast to play Eli Manning in a movie about the life of Peyton Manning.

My all time favorite line was "Bills fans tailgate in the same parking lot where they were conceived.
best one from the Buffalo WYTS was "We have the racism of Boston with none of the success"

Last year's best line was from a Giants fan who said he was studying abroad and his roommate came into the room when they Giants were playing and Eli had that look on his face that everyone makes fun of and this Icelandic kid goes "that guy has the look on his face of a necrophiliac who has just learned his favorite graveyard has a new security guard"
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Johnny Mac wrote:
Roller wrote:

they are adding 1 team per day, starting with the worst ending with the Pats.

best one from the Buffalo WYTS was "We have the racism of Boston with none of the success"

Last year's best line was from a Giants fan who said he was studying abroad and his roommate came into the room when they Giants were playing and Eli had that look on his face that everyone makes fun of and this Icelandic kid goes "that guy has the look on his face of a necrophiliac who has just learned his favorite graveyard has a new security guard"
LOL :oops:
I didn't notice the series author's name. My mind jumped to Drew Brees, so I immediately looked for the Saints.
I'll never learn to read closely.