College football hot seat

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

College football hot seat

Unread post by OGSB »

Conference by conference. AAC: UConn & Tulsa:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... spartandhp
Victory is never permanent
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Re: College football hot seat

Unread post by Poseidon »

What jumps out at me is there aren't really any places that would go after CWF. Kansas, K-State and the rest of the Big 12 schools are pretty set. Iowa State's coach could be poached and they might go after Fritz. The rest of the jobs that could come open are not in the region, not better or too blue-blooded(Auburn & FSU). Who know what will happen, but CWF looks safe for the time being.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

Poseidon wrote:What jumps out at me is there aren't really any places that would go after CWF. Kansas, K-State and the rest of the Big 12 schools are pretty set. Iowa State's coach could be poached and they might go after Fritz. The rest of the jobs that could come open are not in the region, not better or too blue-blooded(Auburn & FSU). Who know what will happen, but CWF looks safe for the time being.
you do realize that if we beat Auburn and they do fire Malzahn, Fritz will be near the top of their wish list
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Johnny Mac wrote:
Poseidon wrote:What jumps out at me is there aren't really any places that would go after CWF. Kansas, K-State and the rest of the Big 12 schools are pretty set. Iowa State's coach could be poached and they might go after Fritz. The rest of the jobs that could come open are not in the region, not better or too blue-blooded(Auburn & FSU). Who know what will happen, but CWF looks safe for the time being.
you do realize that if we beat Auburn and they do fire Malzahn, Fritz will be near the top of their wish list
WHAT?! Come on, Johnny.

Iowa State is the best guess but I wouldn’t be surprised if they went back to the Toledo well. I expect them to be very MAC good again. I also wouldn’t be surprised if ISU had a slightly tougher year and Campbell started to realize YOU DON’T TAKE THE IOWA STATE JOB when you’re young and things are going well.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

long green wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
WHAT?! Come on, Johnny..
You don't think the PTB at Auburn wouldn't sit up and take notice of what Fritz has done here if we show up on the Plains and beat them at Jordan Hare? BTW, I said "near the top".. didn't say he'd be THE top of the list.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
long green
Cornerstone

Named in article the day Malzahn is carried out of the building feet-first? Yes. Near the top of the actual list (such as those are)? No.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

Johnny Mac wrote:
long green wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
WHAT?! Come on, Johnny..
You don't think the PTB at Auburn wouldn't sit up and take notice of what Fritz has done here if we show up on the Plains and beat them at Jordan Hare? BTW, I said "near the top".. didn't say he'd be THE top of the list.

The PTB at Auburn would go after Norvell at Memphis before CWF. That said, I think there is a better chance they throw 8-10 Million at Dabo than interview Fritz. Most likely they will hire a P5 coach. That is what they do. Malzahn was at Arky State, but they hired him because he was OC for their NC team. i could see them going after Mike Gundy, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, or Dino Babers. Aranda at LSU could be an option as well.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Fritz may be very content where he is now. He can certainly see what he has built in a very short time and how recruiting could hit another gear. He seems to love New Orleans. What is the most we would pay to keep him.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

tjtlja wrote:Fritz may be very content where he is now. He can certainly see what he has built in a very short time and how recruiting could hit another gear. He seems to love New Orleans. What is the most we would pay to keep him.
Idk what the upper limit is, but if he sustains success here we should back the truck up. We may not keep him, but we would signal to others we are serious about hiring winners
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
tjtlja wrote:Fritz may be very content where he is now. He can certainly see what he has built in a very short time and how recruiting could hit another gear. He seems to love New Orleans. What is the most we would pay to keep him.
Idk what the upper limit is, but if he sustains success here we should back the truck up. We may not keep him, but we would signal to others we are serious about hiring winners
A successful coach who is willing to stay really is priceless.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
long green
Cornerstone

Poseidon wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
long green wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
WHAT?! Come on, Johnny..

The PTB at Auburn would go after Norvell at Memphis before CWF. That said, I think there is a better chance they throw 8-10 Million at Dabo than interview Fritz. Most likely they will hire a P5 coach. That is what they do. Malzahn was at Arky State, but they hired him because he was OC for their NC team. i could see them going after Mike Gundy, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, or Dino Babers. Aranda at LSU could be an option as well.
Swinney already makes that sort of money where he is. If Auburn were smart Malzahn would be safe until Saban leaves. But if they were smart they wouldn't be Auburn.