Tailgater Concierge

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Tailgater Concierge

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Tulane Athletics, Tailgater Concierge Announce Football Partnership
https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/8 ... rship.aspx
Green Wave fans coming out to the game can now take advantage of Tulane's new partnership with Tailgater Concierge. Tailgater Concierge will be providing fans with an easy and fun way to tailgate by offering a variety of tailgate packages and upgrades like satellite televisions, tailgate games, BBQ grills, and more that weren't available before. They also handle all the set-up, take-down and clean-up so all fans have to do is show up, have fun and then head to the game.
Nice, but depends on the cost, I suppose. Rarely tailgate myself, since I live within walking distance of Yulman.
MattK
President's Circle

Re: Tailgater Concierge

Post by MattK »

Prices can be found here:

https://www.tailgaterconcierge.com/tulane/

$405 for a 10 x 10 tent, 6 chairs, a table and a cooler with 20 lbs of ice.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Dude, that’s more than I spent on an entire season of tailgating
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I saw this and had not realized that companies like this existed, and it made me wonder if when I saw those tailgaters at OSU with 70" flat screens watching the other B10 games via satellite, that they'd simply rented them rather than bringing it all themselves.

Then I dug into the link above and found $495 to get a 43" TV. :shock:

So I guess those OSU folks brought it themselves.

Now that I think about it, the OSU folks didn't even go to the game. They were watching the OSU game on TV from outside the stadium (saw them on the way to the car as we left, uh, a bit early). I guess that eliminates the issue of having to secure your stuff when you head into the stadium... :?
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

PeteRasche wrote:Now that I think about it, the OSU folks didn't even go to the game. They were watching the OSU game on TV from outside the stadium (saw them on the way to the car as we left, uh, a bit early). I guess that eliminates the issue of having to secure your stuff when you head into the stadium... :?
my buddy has been doing that for UGA games for 15 years... he never bought a big screen.. he hooks a powerpoint projector to the satellite receiver and projects onto a sheet... instant big screen TV. He bought a giant tent with a black top to help shade the screen. He rarely sets foot in the stadium... brings it tailgate set up to road games too.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Johnny Mac wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:Now that I think about it, the OSU folks didn't even go to the game. They were watching the OSU game on TV from outside the stadium (saw them on the way to the car as we left, uh, a bit early). I guess that eliminates the issue of having to secure your stuff when you head into the stadium... :?
my buddy has been doing that for UGA games for 15 years... he never bought a big screen.. he hooks a powerpoint projector to the satellite receiver and projects onto a sheet... instant big screen TV. He bought a giant tent with a black top to help shade the screen. He rarely sets foot in the stadium... brings it tailgate set up to road games too.
Much easier than the OSU dudes who literally had a 70" flat screen in their tent. Of course, they probably are there three or four days at a time so maybe it's worth it?
Wavefan
Coach Level

Post by Wavefan »

Rabid tailgaters at a lot of places set up a flat screen and a satellite dish and bring a generator for power. I’m not that into it. Too much trouble to take down. At Tulane you can usually slip into the U Center and if I absolutely have to see a game I can get it on a streaming service on iPhone or iPad.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Aside from the cost, I have a couple thoughts on this.
a) Why didn’t I think of that, and; b) are people so lazy they can’t set up their own cornhole or roll out an ice chest?*

*I could see the advantage if someone parked at one of the further lots, but if you are going to spend $400+ a game, just pay for a closer parking spot.

There are a few regular tailgaters that have TVs every week, but it would be the most Tulane thing to start banning TVs not rented through these people :?
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

The only game I see this even feasible is for the Homecoming tailgate.

The issue is that none of the base packages ($900 for a 30 people tent?!) include anything other than the canopy, table/chairs, and a few bags of ice. Food: extra, TV: extra.

Our little club made a choice after renting tents in the "homecoming tailgating village" at dome/champions square year after year and the first year at Yulman was to purchase our own branded tent in order to leave more room in our budget for donations for things that mattered (PS HAS ANYBODY NOTICED HOW FABULOUS SHOCKWAVE HAS BECOME? you're welcome!). Back then it was like $250 for renting the canopy by itself. And people were fine with just getting real estate as nobody really sits anymore. The biggest pain is the tent.

It is hard to haul a tent out each week, fight with the parking people, fight with the LBC Quad security people (we have tested the limits of the first come, first serve) and it's wearing on our group of ladies. So we decided to only set up the tailgate for the Saturday games and not for the week day games.

I wish that the University would make concessions to the booster clubs who donate funds and their time regularly and give us a spot where we know we can set up each week without the hassle. It is HARD being a Tulane fan, you gotta jump through hoops all of the time.

My dream is to have what they have at Duke - it was the cutest thing, they set up a "booster club alley" on the way to the stadium and each of the tailgating clubs got a nice sign with their club name on it designated for their space ("Devils with the Blue Dress" etc.). For everything that boosters do, and the loyalty that we have had throughout all of the crappy years, access to some real estate on Saturdays with the least amount of hassle would be appreciated.

Instead we get a fabulous request to fork over additional thousands of dollars, or fight with security every week.

And while I'm complaining, every year it's a different configuration - I can't wait for them to settle on something and just run with it for a few years. They keep moving the family zone, and the shirt trailer, and this area is now a right of way. Lordy.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

DrHullabaloo wrote:The only game I see this even feasible is for the Homecoming tailgate.

The issue is that none of the base packages ($900 for a 30 people tent?!) include anything other than the canopy, table/chairs, and a few bags of ice. Food: extra, TV: extra.

Our little club made a choice after renting tents in the "homecoming tailgating village" at dome/champions square year after year and the first year at Yulman was to purchase our own branded tent in order to leave more room in our budget for donations for things that mattered (PS HAS ANYBODY NOTICED HOW FABULOUS SHOCKWAVE HAS BECOME? you're welcome!). Back then it was like $250 for renting the canopy by itself. And people were fine with just getting real estate as nobody really sits anymore. The biggest pain is the tent.

It is hard to haul a tent out each week, fight with the parking people, fight with the LBC Quad security people (we have tested the limits of the first come, first serve) and it's wearing on our group of ladies. So we decided to only set up the tailgate for the Saturday games and not for the week day games.

I wish that the University would make concessions to the booster clubs who donate funds and their time regularly and give us a spot where we know we can set up each week without the hassle. It is HARD being a Tulane fan, you gotta jump through hoops all of the time.

My dream is to have what they have at Duke - it was the cutest thing, they set up a "booster club alley" on the way to the stadium and each of the tailgating clubs got a nice sign with their club name on it designated for their space ("Devils with the Blue Dress" etc.). For everything that boosters do, and the loyalty that we have had throughout all of the crappy years, access to some real estate on Saturdays with the least amount of hassle would be appreciated.

Instead we get a fabulous request to fork over additional thousands of dollars, or fight with security every week.

And while I'm complaining, every year it's a different configuration - I can't wait for them to settle on something and just run with it for a few years. They keep moving the family zone, and the shirt trailer, and this area is now a right of way. Lordy.
Shock-wave has noticeably improved. Keep up the enthusiasm and spirit. We need more fanatics like you!!!
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

My dream is to have what they have at Duke - it was the cutest thing, they set up a "booster club alley" on the way to the stadium and each of the tailgating clubs got a nice sign with their club name on it designated for their space ("Devils with the Blue Dress" etc.). For everything that boosters do, and the loyalty that we have had throughout all of the crappy years, access to some real estate on Saturdays with the least amount of hassle would be appreciated

that seems like a great idea and one relatively easy to implement. TU should do everything thy can to grow the booster clubs.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Didn't want to start a new thread . . .
Fan-Friendly Concessions Pricing Announced for 2019 Football Season
https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/8 ... eason.aspx
Hot dogs, candy, peanuts and bottled water will be available for $2 each, while popcorn and select domestic draft beers will be offered at $3 each. Nachos will also cost $3 with various add-ons (salsa, chili, extra cheese) for just $1.

Locations for fan-friendly food pricing can be found in sections 119, 128 and 203 (Westfeldt), while concessions selling select draft beers are located behind sections 118, 124, 129 and 204 (Westfeldt).
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

TU77CAL82 wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread . . .
Hot dogs, candy, peanuts and bottled water will be available for $2 each, while popcorn and select domestic draft beers will be offered at $3 each. Nachos will also cost $3 with various add-ons (salsa, chili, extra cheese) for just $1.

Locations for fan-friendly food pricing can be found in sections 119, 128 and 203 (Westfeldt), while concessions selling select draft beers are located behind sections 118, 124, 129 and 204 (Westfeldt).
I think this is a great idea. It won’t be as big as winning as far as bringing in fans, but it could make the decision to bring kids an easier one.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Great call. Considering the volume of these items Yulman goes through, $2 for a hotdog is still a tremendous mark up.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

$2 for a hot dog and $3 for a beer is 1970s pricing. :-D
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

Post by Sophandros »

I started a new thread because this deserves its own thread. It's a tangible example of the school listening to fan input and needs to be acknowledged here.
Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.
Bham Wave
President's Circle

Post by Bham Wave »

The tailgating pricing seems outrageous to me.

Paying a lot and getting very little .
Roll Wave Roll!!!
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

You're paying for convenience - especially if coming from out of town.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

$405 for 6 chairs is $67.50 per person without food.
Well, we'll see what the sales are.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

GSx wrote:$405 for 6 chairs is $67.50 per person without food.
Well, we'll see what the sales are.
… but you've got ice … :-D
true green
Trainer

Post by true green »

Much less expensive than buying in RV
Come on people support this program
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

true green wrote:Much less expensive than buying in RV
About 22 years too late for Winnebagos on Wednesdays don'tcha think :twisted:
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

true green wrote:Much less expensive than buying in RV
Is it supporting the program though? Or the outside vendor who sets it up?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

You could buy a new EZ up each week and just leave it to get thrown away each week and then donate the difference to the Greenwave Club and we'd both still come out ahead. I mean how much is Tulane making off of it? 5%

PSA: If you want to help donate to Tulane without feeling it, please switch your Amazon browser for purchases over to smile.amazon.com , pick Tulane as your charity, and they get a percentage of your shopping.
Bham Wave
President's Circle

Post by Bham Wave »

Seems like Tulane could buy some canopies and chairs and run this program themselves and run it a lot cheaper for the fans.

The good thing is the free market will dictate how wanted and needed this service is this upcoming season.
Roll Wave Roll!!!