Tanner Lee

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Tanner Lee

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Johnny Mac wrote:didn't realize the Jags released Lee a week ago.. his reign of terror in the NFL is over... meanwhile, Ryan Griffin is outplaying every other QB in Tampa
You didn't understand my gif?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:The scout that thought Lee showed enough at Tulane and Nebraska to get a shot in the NFL should be fired. The coach who thought he showed enough last preseason to get another chance should be banned from football.

Tanner Lee putting up Nathan Peterman type numbers.
The hate you guys have for this kid is really weird.
Not hate. Just perplexed that anyone thinks Lee has shown the talent necessary to be a pro QB. We all know what our eyes have seen.
Plan your work, work your plan.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

gerryb323 wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:didn't realize the Jags released Lee a week ago.. his reign of terror in the NFL is over... meanwhile, Ryan Griffin is outplaying every other QB in Tampa
You didn't understand my gif?
I did not
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
ThePassWave
Senior

Unread post by ThePassWave »

If we could add these 8 pages on Tanner Lee to those on Tula.net we would be over 100 pages, quite a feat! I know there is some bad blood between the two sites, but come on guys, this could be an historic event :-)
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

ThePassWave wrote:If we could add these 8 pages on Tanner Lee to those on Tula.net we would be over 100 pages, quite a feat! I know there is some bad blood between the two sites, but come on guys, this could be an historic event :-)
Wait, they had over 92 pages on Tanner?
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:
ThePassWave wrote:If we could add these 8 pages on Tanner Lee to those on Tula.net we would be over 100 pages, quite a feat! I know there is some bad blood between the two sites, but come on guys, this could be an historic event :-)
I'd imagine that was for his whole career. We have 8 just since he left! Their mods must be aggressive in consolidating. Either that or their posters actually maintain one thread for a topic.
Last edited by gerryb323 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

PeteRasche wrote:
Dude we have 20 for a player that never came here
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

in re the "hate" for Tanner Lee... for me, it's a guy completely abandoning this program when Fritz came, leaving us with Ciuilette and freshmen... he took one look at what Fritz did and said "peace, out". He wasn't a super talented guy to start with.. but why not give Fritz and his system a chance? Staying for spring football, trying to win the QB job, and then seeing it wasn't for him.. he still had time to make a transfer call, somewhere. He was going to have to sit a year, anyway.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

He didn't want to leave. Fritz ran him and Abraham off.
We deserve so much better
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

If so, best decision Fritz ever made.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

long green wrote:If so, best decision Fritz ever made.
That takes care of that --
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

Yeah that worked out well at the time. We all really enjoyed those exciting offenses.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

lg that pretty much puts a period at the end of that discussion :lol:

In my humble opinion of course
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

Hater's gonna hate. It's far from over. The kid gave all he had at Tulane . He played through multiple injuries including broken fingers on his throwing hand. That's why many don't get the hate. He wanted to stay here. If one can be honest there is a lot to like about WF but his QB evaluations are bad. He hasn't signed a single quality freshman QB in 4 classes. Bradwell turned out to be the RB all the other schools recruiting him said he was. Ledford's been moved to receiver where all others said he belonged. Daniels is not going to play a meaningful down at QB for us. Brantley got run off and once his shoulder healed he played well last year. As for Lee at the least he'll be playing in the XFL and may wind up back in the NFL. Blaming him for CJ's ineptitude is just sad.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Lee is a poor man's Christian Hackenberg. He may bounce around a couple more rosters or stick awhile in the XFL. But his career as any kind of significant contributor in the NFL is over. That's no commentary on his college career just the truth of the dog eat dog NFL world.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote:in re the "hate" for Tanner Lee... for me, it's a guy completely abandoning this program when Fritz came, leaving us with Ciuilette and freshmen... he took one look at what Fritz did and said "peace, out". He wasn't a super talented guy to start with.. but why not give Fritz and his system a chance? Staying for spring football, trying to win the QB job, and then seeing it wasn't for him.. he still had time to make a transfer call, somewhere. He was going to have to sit a year, anyway.
It's pretty clear that he was encouraged to leave. And if he's so bad, why are you so upset that he left?
long green
Cornerstone

I don’t understand the “Tanner didn’t want to leave” thing. If dom heard this from Tanner himself I still wouldn’t understand it. Lee got a shot to play for a traditional power, in the Big Ten, for an exceptionally qualified pro-style coach. He also got a year back from the NCAA (which he wound up not using). His time at Nebraska may not have worked out but it did get him an NFL shot which would not have happened if he had spent two years beating his head against a rock under Fritz. If Fritz did run him off he did so because he knew what was better for Tanner Lee than Lee did himself.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

It's very clear. He very much wanted to stay at Tulane. He was told by Fritz that he didn't fit his system as was Abraham. Hence his departure.
long green
Cornerstone

Then the conclusion of my last post is equally clear. He would have been a disaster trying to run that system. His inability and lack of desire to run shackled our running game when he was here. It’s a shame we couldn’t get someone better to run it for 2016 but whatever. Should Fritz have catered to Lee? We saw what happened here when that was tried. It could not have been done well with Tanner Lee anywhere. At Nebraska, Mike Riley went 9-4 without him and got fired with him the next year. That’s with better receivers, better blockers, and a truly qualified coach.

I have seen Jack Abraham play at USM in person. He is accurate but he really does not like to run it. That lack of threat smothers their run game. They’d be loads better with Justin McMillan. They tried replacing Abraham despite his remarkable accuracy. Maybe he’ll get better.

So mean old Willie Fritz just ran them off. Just ruined their lives, too. This is the last I will ever post on this subject.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

He didn't have an inability and a lack of desire to run. In fact he made some nice runs. See the Houston game. Lack of running was due to the abysmal OL. Riley was on the hot seat when he got there and the team had what was widely known as a bad OL. He won and kept the QB job. To blame him for Riley being fired is almost as dumb as blaming him for CJ being fired. Shame . No one said anybody's life was ruined. Someone accused the kid of betraying us. He didn't .
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

If Tanner Lee was going to run the same offense that we ran in Fritz's first year, I agree that he would not have run it very well (personally, I think he wouldn't have lasted very long running it, given his concussion history)...It's certainly Fritz's right to run the kind of offense he wants so if we assume that Fritz wanted to run that offense and both he and Tanner knew that he wasn't going to be a good fit for it (if you and I know it, certainly they did as well)...then, again, why are people so bent out of shape about him transferring?
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

Tanner who?
Plan your work, work your plan.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

I'm locking this thread. I'll unlock if Lee finds an NFL job and people want to discuss that. I just saw that a Lindsay Scott thread has reached 22 pages... and as ridiculous as that is... this one shouldn't be 8 pages long.. and I know I am part of that problem.