Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject: Re: Lindsey Scott
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:12 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
When it comes to Scott, has he graduated? I don’t see Tulane accepting anything less than graduation. Otherwise, the kid would be 27 before he is eligible.
You get 5 years to play 4 (unless you get an exception which would mean 6 years). His clock has already started, so his window is already closing...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:27 pm 
Cornerstone

What are Canada’s rules? Can he play there now? They have bigger balls and all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 am 
Navigator Level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlqLHcphyw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm 
Regent's Circle

No sightings. He still has a couple of weeks to enter a quarter system school but otherwise he may be taking the semester off. If so, the projection of him going to Southern seems as likely as anything else. If he is going FBS, I can't see how missing four months of fall practice helps his longshot last minute transfer to play at any FBS school next fall.

His brother Logan plays for Dutchtown in Ascension Parish . (Did family move from Zachary?) If he is not enrolled anywhere, I assume we may find him at Logan's games this fall.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:11 am 
Emerald Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
No sightings. He still has a couple of weeks to enter a quarter system school but otherwise he may be taking the semester off. If so, the projection of him going to Southern seems as likely as anything else. If he is going FBS, I can't see how missing four months of fall practice helps his longshot last minute transfer to play at any FBS school next fall.

His brother Logan plays for Dutchtown in Ascension Parish . (Did family move from Zachary?) If he is not enrolled anywhere, I assume we may find him at Logan's games this fall.

How much practice do you think a (presumably) ineligible transfer QB gets in season? I don't think scout team reps will have any effect on what transpires next fall--that's what spring practice is for. That said, I've lost track of how long he's been in school...if he needs to sit out a year he better hurry up and do it, if he's going to graduate in December or May and then be eligible immediately he'll transfer then.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:41 am 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:
How much practice do you think a (presumably) ineligible transfer QB gets in season? I don't think scout team reps will have any effect on what transpires next fall--that's what spring practice is for. That said, I've lost track of how long he's been in school...if he needs to sit out a year he better hurry up and do it, if he's going to graduate in December or May and then be eligible immediately he'll transfer then.

just measure him in Darius Bradwell years.. they were recruited by Fritz at the same time... Darius is a 4th year senior.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:56 am 
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:

just measure him in Darius Bradwell years.. they were recruited by Fritz at the same time... Darius is a 4th year senior.

So he'll probably graduate after this fall semester(?) and transfer fully eligible in the spring.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:22 pm 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:

So he'll probably graduate after this fall semester(?) and transfer fully eligible in the spring.

Assuming he didn't lose credits in the first transfer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:45 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:

Hmm, are LSU classes not good enough to be credited at whatever random MS JC he wound up at? Quite possibly!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:47 pm 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:

Hmm, are LSU classes not good enough to be credited at whatever random MS JC he wound up at? Quite possibly!

Ummm, second transfer then?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:25 am 
Emerald Circle

he should take a job with the NCAA in compliance....has to know all the transfer rules by now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:48 am 
Cornerstone

He's transferring to Nicholls. Get your last posts in before I lock this beast.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:50 am 
Cornerstone

I was convinced for years that his father was going to drive him to Southern U. Now he’s caddying for Chase Fourcade.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:51 am 
Emerald Circle

FW wrote:
He's transferring to Nicholls. Get your last posts in before I lock this beast.

Minister of no fun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:22 am 
Regent's Circle

https://twitter.com/Mike_Gegs/status/1172521155737137152?s=20

Tulane play Nicholls in the next two years ??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:25 am 
Emerald Circle

This thread should not be locked until he's announced his graduate transfer destination next year is NOT Tulane.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:20 pm 
Emerald Circle

It should not be locked bc posters enjoy posting about him. It harms nobody. If its locked it is a case of Admins acting as admins just for the sake of exercising power

Move it to non-tulane sports if you want

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:54 pm 
Regent's Circle

No need to be locked because he will be a grad-transfer looking for his next home in four months.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:00 pm 
Emerald Circle

sr wrote:
https://twitter.com/Mike_Gegs/status/1172521155737137152?s=20

Tulane play Nicholls in the next two years ??

I don’t think so, but they do go to lsu next season.
NFL players retire at a younger age than he will be when his eligibility is done.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:33 pm 
President's Circle

he won't see the field as a starting QB. Kid from Hanville who had to sit out most of his SR. season cuz of some BS politics last season plays there , if I'm not mistaken.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:04 pm 
Cornerstone

Yankeewave wrote:
It should not be locked bc posters enjoy posting about him. It harms nobody. If its locked it is a case of Admins acting as admins just for the sake of exercising power

Move it to non-tulane sports if you want

Then I’ll move it, but it makes absolutely no sense to keep it on the recruiting board.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:46 pm 
Regent's Circle

He's been part of my life for so long, he almost needs to go in the former players section. Are we sure he didn't spend a year here?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25