Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2019 NFL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:12 am 
President's Circle

Last night was one of the more fun games I've been to. And obviously never in doubt.

When Riveron says that 'we inadvertantly set the clock to 26 seconds', are we supposed to ignore that 'we' is 'I'??? He's the head of officiating. He's taken it upon himself to control replay from New York. It was a stand alone prime time game, so it's not like he was looking at something else in another game.

Even if they get the judgement side of calls completely wrong, shouldn't the head of officiating be able to properly apply the timing rules?? And isn't that stuff that they should take as long as they need to to get right? they spent about 2 minutes earlier in the half reviewing a spot for a first down for the Texans that was clearly short. but they couldn't take time to get the clock right at the end of the half??

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27582724/in-win-saints-steamed-another-officiating-error

Post subject: Re: 2019 NFL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:18 am 
Emerald Circle

At this rate, Payton is going to get all the rules changed. Might as well just blow them up and start over.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:51 am 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:
At this rate, Payton is going to get all the rules changed. Might as well just blow them up and start over.

It's just the rule. Call it right. The head of officiating had nothing else to do except get the clock right and failed. Riveron is awful

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:49 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:

It's just the rule. Call it right. The head of officiating had nothing else to do except get the clock right and failed. Riveron is awful
Plus the bogus roughing call on the mixed extra point, the ridiculous fumble they ruled on Kamara that somehow led to us using a timeout...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:52 pm 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:

Plus the bogus roughing call on the mixed extra point, the ridiculous fumble they ruled on Kamara that somehow led to us using a timeout...

I even lost points on the BS fumble! One of the matchups in my fantasy league was decided by the Fairbairn XP retry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:18 pm 
President's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:

I even lost points on the BS fumble! One of the matchups in my fantasy league was decided by the Fairbairn XP retry.

The Saints recovered - how did you lose points?

And come on - we are talking about fantasy. I would be pissed too, but the NFL is hardly worried about NFCC outcomes, nevermind regular season week 1, nevermind any fantasy outcome.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:24 pm 
Regent's Circle

doncecco wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:

The Saints recovered - how did you lose points?

And come on - we are talking about fantasy. I would be pissed too, but the NFL is hardly worried about NFCC outcomes, nevermind regular season week 1, nevermind any fantasy outcome.

I would have lost more points if they didn't recover! But then they would have challenged, so I would have lost 0.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:50 pm 
President's Circle

Right, so, new week same story.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:54 pm 
Regent's Circle

Brees and Donald out and questionable to return

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:23 pm 
Regent's Circle

MattK wrote:

with that blown call, all of the holdings Anderson called against the Saints and the holdings of Cam Jordan that weren't called, I'm convinced Walt Anderson caught the clap in the French Quarter at some point in his life and is taking it out on the Saints

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:28 pm 
President's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
MattK wrote:

with that blown call, all of the holdings Anderson called against the Saints and the holdings of Cam Jordan that weren't called, I'm convinced Walt Anderson caught the clap in the French Quarter at some point in his life and is taking it out on the Saints

You forgot the one where someone removed Smith’s helmet by the face mask. Or the dual block in the back in the open field on the last long pass.

Hopefully the offense under Bridgewater looks better when he gets a full week of practice. Cause I imagine he’s our QB for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:21 pm 
Emerald Circle

Saints fans’ reaction to Brees’ injury

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:37 am 
Regent's Circle

Even the commentators, who had an NFL expert on the rules, commented that this was three games in a row for the Saints to have significant, potentially game-changing calls missed by the officials. It won't be long before people will be looking for the man on the grassy knoll who is directing this against the Saints.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:48 am 
Emerald Circle

The late Falcon-Eagles game was highly entertaining but a tough one for the Eagles to lose late. Julio Jones earned his paycheck last night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
The late Falcon-Eagles game was highly entertaining but a tough one for the Eagles to lose late. Julio Jones earned his paycheck last night.
Both teams unimpressive, though I'd have rathered the Eagles win.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:04 pm 
Regent's Circle

MattK wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
MattK wrote:

You forgot the one where someone removed Smith’s helmet by the face mask. Or the dual block in the back in the open field on the last long pass.

Hopefully the offense under Bridgewater looks better when he gets a full week of practice. Cause I imagine he’s our QB for a while.

yeah, I called that clip when it happened... not that PJ Williams would have tackled Cupp anyway.

Brees out a minimum of 6 weeks. Torn ligament.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:30 pm 
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
MattK wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
MattK wrote:

yeah, I called that clip when it happened... not that PJ Williams would have tackled Cupp anyway.

Not the end of the world, win two or three of those and should be ok in the division.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:02 pm 
President's Circle

ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
MattK wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
MattK wrote:

Not the end of the world, win two or three of those and should be ok in the division.

If Bridgewater can't beat Tampa and Arizona at home, and at Jax, then we have our answer on who the next QB is not. What annoys me is the Cowboys game week 4 is now much tougher and I really would hate to see those clowns leave the Dome 4-0.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:17 pm 
Emerald Circle

Brees and Big Ben both out, Ben all year (and wouldn't surprise me if he considers retirement).

Lotta folks fantasy teams are toast...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:11 pm 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
MattK wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
MattK wrote:

totally agree.. honestly, I think Teddy B with a full week with the 1s should be much better against the Squawks. This west coast trip was going to be 1-1 at best with Brees at QB.